Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade Component Recommendations

Options
  • 21-10-2015 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I need some help please on recommendation for an upgrade for a mate, he wants to upgraded his hard drive as its on its way out and hes looking for his options.

When i built my PC it was the done thing to get a SSD for the OS and some well used programs and the rest went on a regular hard drive.

What would the good folks on this forum recommend for upgrading a hard drive today and if going for a solid state what are the recommended suppliers.

Budget is around 4-500 euros.

Appreciate any recommendations, thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

2tb WD Red for €90 and a 120gb Samsung 850 for €100 or so are probably as much as he needs?

Can get a 500gb SSD for €170 or so if he wants to hop games onto it too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Nice one ill suggest that to him, i dont think he is to pushed about putting games on the SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

2tb WD Red for €90 and a 120gb Samsung 850 for €100 or so are probably as much as he needs?

Can get a 500gb SSD for €170 or so if he wants to hop games onto it too

You'd pick up a ~500gb SSD for under €140 if you keep an eye for deals, such as on HUKD.

Advertisement