Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial advice, need to cop on basically

• 21-10-2015 5:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭

earn per month 3.0-3.5k net

Out goings per month

Rent-500
    Phone-25
    Internet-38
    Electricity-50
    Car-50 for petrol

Food,clothes ,entertainment,holidays-the rest :eek:

Savings-0
    Debt-2800

Would appreciate some plan or advice on how to come up with a plan and stick to it, sometimes I run out of money every month , its that bad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

The expenses you listed look reasonable enough for your earnings. I think your overspending comes from 'the rest'.

Track your spending for a few weeks and it will become clear where the problem is. Until you get a more detailed breakdown you can't easily identify where to cut spending.

You're going nowhere until your income is more than you're spending (stating the obvious).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Set up a regular saver account if you can. Maybe try putting 500 euro into it every month, will give you a cushion to avoid debts in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Saving account/credit union account might be suitable for you.

How about the moment you pay your rent/bills you send your money to your saving account? Gone, done and dusted, no excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

earn per month 3.0-3.5k net

Out goings per month

Rent-500
    Phone-25
    Internet-38
    Electricity-50
    Car-50 for petrol

Food,clothes ,entertainment,holidays-the rest :eek:

Savings-0
    Debt-2800

Would appreciate some plan or advice on how to come up with a plan and stick to it, sometimes I run out of money every month , its that bad

Pay off debt over 3 months then set up a family saver @ 3% for 1k dd at the start of every month right after payday (usually first of every month is best).

Cant spend money you don't have. I do this on far less wage. Get a nice €100 or there abouts after the year of saving after taxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Based on the figures you must be having a whale of a time. €3000 p/m net is a decent wedge.

You do need to cop on however, and there's no reason you an't get that debt repaid over maybe 6 months.

You'll also need to put money away for stuff like a new(er) car and unexpected bills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

My monthly spending at the moment is around 1150 (my rent is 550 of that)

OP are you really spending almost 2,000 per month on entertainment? Holy smokes...That's almost a deposit for a mortgage per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,751 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What age are you?
    Have you any kids? (take it as 'no')

You are obviously enjoying yourself, thats for sure, but I get the feeling that you will regret your spending some day.

To have that amount of net income every month, have no savings and actually have debt I find hard to understand.

If you can't save money in that income, you never will.

Advertisement