Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to use to move possessions from Ireland to Wroclaw

Options
  • 21-10-2015 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭

Hiya

Moving possessions from Ireland to Wroclaw in Poland & wondering if I should use a removal company like http://forczektranseurope.com/ or send a palet over. Presume there are no other options?

I'm moving 5 20 kg boxes, an electric heater, handheld Hoover so nothing too bulky like furniture or a bike etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Hiya

Moving possessions from Ireland to Wroclaw in Poland & wondering if I should use a removal company like http://forczektranseurope.com/ or send a palet over. Presume there are no other options?

I'm moving 5 20 kg boxes, an electric heater, handheld Hoover so nothing too bulky like furniture or a bike etc

If its only 100kg why don't you just drive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

CiniO wrote: »
    If its only 100kg why don't you just drive?

Because it's inconvenient in a number of ways and Would it really work out much cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Because it's inconvenient in a number of ways and Would it really work out much cheaper?

I'd buy some oldish 2 litre petrol car here for donuts, pack your stuff, drive it there, and sell a car in Poland with little profit.
    This would just cover your journey cost, and you could end up having your stuff transported for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

CiniO wrote: »
    I'd buy some oldish 2 litre petrol car here for donuts, pack your stuff, drive it there, and sell a car in Poland with little profit.
    This would just cover your journey cost, and you could end up having your stuff transported for free.

Might struggle to sell a left hand drive car in Poland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭NoCrackHaving

That's interesting, any idea on how much it costs to convert?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭leandrolorenzi

Hi All. Same situation for me, apart for the fact hat the destination would be Belgium. I am not sure that buying and insuring an old car would be the cheapest option. I am from Cork, and I was considering renting a van to bring my stuff there, the fact is that I would be expected to return the van here ( or at least in a RightHandDriving Country), so I am not sure this would be a good idea.
    Any other suggestion / ideas?

Advertisement