Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post length

Options
  • 21-10-2015 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Is there a character limit on posts that I create? Lately I've noticed that I've had to split my posts out over two or three posts and they aren't that long considering the essays I have seen some ppl write. This happens via the app and via webpage. It's peeing me off, especially when I have to figure out and redo what I've just spent long enough already doing!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There is a max limit, but it's something like 65536 characters, which your posts don't remotely approach. This doesn't appear to be anything being done by boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

I knew I wasn't blabbing the ears off boards! :D

Maybe it's the phone? I'll try off the laptop next time and see if it's the same.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Are you spending a long time typing them out? The page times out after a certain length of time...I'm afraid I can't remember right now exactly how long it is though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I think I remember the limit being 7,000 characters.

Niamh: Anyone with Admin privileges can check this by going to:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Maximum Characters Per Post

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Thankfully I've copied the text before I try to post so when I reload the page after I get an error its a matter of just pressing copy and post. That bit only takes 15 secs max and I still get the error.

• Advertisement
Advertisement