Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back To The Future Day in d15 - anyone see the DeLorean?

Options
  • 21-10-2015 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Happy #BTTF day y'all

I am going to the double bill of film 1&2 in Blanch at 7pm this eve. Anyone else going?!

If anyone is interested the triple bill is on in Coolock at 7pm afaik.

And finally! I know there used to be a DeLorean somewhere in D15 (I know specifically the area but I won't name it online to protect then owners privacy). Anyone know if the owner still lives around/still has it?? Anyone spotted it?

Would love if it was parked outside the cinema this eve :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

amdublin wrote: »
    Happy #BTTF day y'all

I am going to the double bill of film 1&2 in Blanch at 7pm this eve. Anyone else going?!

If anyone is interested the triple bill is on in Coolock at 7pm afaik.

And finally! I know there used to be a Dolorean somewhere in D15 (I know specifically the area but I won't name it online to protect then owners privacy). Anyone know if the owner still lives around/still has it?? Anyone spotted it?

Would love if it was parked outside the cinema this eve :D

You jammie git :P. Will have to make do with a DVD offering but I've told her and them indoors that it WILL be happening and if they want the soaps, they can either record them or use another room! You should be out of there by 10.30. Hard to believe the date we all thought (30 yrs ago) was bloody eons away is actually upon us !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

dodzy wrote: »
    You jammie git :P. Will have to make do with a DVD offering but I've told her and them indoors that it WILL be happening and if they want the soaps, they can either record them or use another room! You should be out of there by 10.30. Hard to believe the date we all thought (30 yrs ago) was bloody eons away is actually upon us !

Good for you! And rightly so :D

I was 8 when my dad brought my sisters and I to see the first film...in Harolds Cross...there was no Blanchardstown cinema then so it was either bus into town or drive to HC (to the pictures as we used to call the cinema!).

I am the opposite to you. Him indoors has no interest so I am going on my own because I am a nerd like that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I was 8 when my dad brought my sisters and I to see the first film...in Harolds Cross...there was no Blanchardstown cinema then so it was either bus into town or drive to HC (to the pictures as we used to call the cinema!).

:eek: I was just going to post along those lines !

I was 9 when my dad brought myself and brothers (or at least one of them anyway) to Harolds Cross to see it.

Good for you! And rightly so :D

I am the opposite to you. Him indoors has no interest so I am going on my own because I am a nerd like that :pac:
    ThisRegard wrote: »
    :eek: I was just going to post along those lines !

I was 9 when my dad brought myself and brothers (or at least one of them anyway) to Harolds Cross to see it.

Meh, kids. I was 16 :D Life was just about to kick off, good and proper. I found the HARP on O'Connell Bridge 12 mths later. The rest,as they say, is history !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

ITV2, if you have it, are showing all 3 from 4:30 today.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

ITV2, if you have it, are showing all 3 from 4:30 today.

I'd say that'd be great, but for one thing. ITV2. The 3 films have a back to back runtime just short of 6hrs; the advertisement frequency will drive anyone availing of this option absolutely crazy. ITV2 are horrific in this regard.

I've the 3 Blue-rays lined up along with an 8 pack of cold bud. It'll be EPIC!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dolorean in the CHQ building in the IFSC today! Some promotional event

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

dodzy wrote: »
    Meh, kids. I was 16 :D Life was just about to kick off, good and proper. I found the HARP on O'Connell Bridge 12 mths later. The rest,as they say, is history !

Pfft, I was 18 and already well ahead of you. :D

I brought my brother to see the first film in the Green Cinema, where the Stephen's Green Centre is now. It was probably the only time I've come out of a cinema and felt that de-lousing mightn't be such a bad idea. That place gave flea-pits a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I remember old good time, on a crappy VHS tape...all 3 of them !
    Amazing that my generation believed/bought in to them while today, this generation(s) sais "phewww" !
    I'm going to have my flux capacitor replenished with some coolant later on.

Good luck to all of us...dreamers !

There it is...it was...will be ...Forward From The Past ! :)

366324.jpg

366323.jpg

• Advertisement

Just done 1 & 2. Had to take time out while they watched the retards on this year's apprentice. Seriously:mad:

A little too late to stick on 3 now ( at my age ) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Aww I had a wonderful evening!

Cinema was 1/2 to 3/4 full.

People beside me only stayed for the first film :confused: Lady looked early 30's but from her gasps during the film it seemed she was watching for the first time??? :eek:

Funnily enough I always thought the BTTF2 was my favourite but seeing them back to back, BTTF1 is now the preferred option for me. Maybe, :eek: maybe it is just because it is different now that we are actually here in 2015 rather than watching it in 1989 or during the 1990's and it all seemed a little bit OTT. It's very cleverly done all the same merging the two films together - particularly when the BTTF2 character is watching their character doing things done in BTTF1.

Anyhoo I am delighted I had the option of celebrating 21/10/15 this way. We are very lucky having a cinema in Blanchardstown - imagine if you had a DoLorean and went back to the folks of D15 (height of recession) and told them about this great towncentre they would have by 1996 (start of the celtic tiger) they just wouldn't believe it I think.

Advertisement