Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do with kids

• 21-10-2015 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Have a query that would be great if anyone could help me out.

I have, at the last minute, been asked to look after my sister's sons next week in Limerick. I'm a native, but haven't lived there in 7 years, despite many weekend trips down.

Has anyone any suggestions on what to do with the kids aged 9 and 7, in or around Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Would their names be billy by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

http://www.kidstown.ie/ might be good, activity centre, with the national kart centre next to it (check height restrictions).
    Cinema, always kids movies out.
    Bowling in the ennis road supermacs.
    introduce them to the awesomeness that is starwars by watching all the movies one after another?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

There are few indoor playground centres around the town.

If weather suits you could head to Cratloe Woods which has a fabulous outdoor playground or head out to Croom, there's a nice park, playground and coffee shop. Curraghchase is also an option if the weather suits.

If you're looking for something to do next Friday then Munster have a home game starting at the earlier time of 6 o'clock.

The Hunt Museum often do stuff for kids, so check out their website or Facebook page.

The scare factory is open/opening on O'Connell St, I'm not sure if it's suitable for this age group.

A trip to King John's Castle or the Munster museum at Thomond Park.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭adaminho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

There is a roller rink out the Ballysimon Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Delta adventure centre at ballysimon is good or very close to that is raw (indoor)skatepark.child friendly,and will rent bmxs and safety gear cheap enough.usually quiet during the day,and has great reclining armchairs in the veiwing area.
    If you have transport curragh chase is great for a walk,and stonehall petfarm is on the way.
    The omniplex cinema at dooradoyle has lots of screens,so films to suit all tastes,and is next to the crescent shopping centre so you could check out gamestop and grab a burger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Geocaching.
    www.geocaching.com

The app is free to download and it's massive fun with kids. Ours are 7 & 12 and they love it.

And it's outdoors in the fresh air.

Advertisement