Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agents

Options
  • 21-10-2015 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

In the process of getting our act together to move home and sell our current with a view to moving to something larger and more then likely in the area.

Anyone had any experiences they could share of selling in D15 and hints / tips would be helpful?

Also haven't gotten any estate agents out yet but open to experiences and again anything service wise we should look out for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

I dealt with Flynns for buying my current house and my brother in law dealt with them when he sold his house. Neither of us would recommend them and both of us had a lot of hassle dealing with them.

Most estate agents are probably the same unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭AlanG

jonnybravo wrote: »
    I dealt with Flynns for buying my current house and my brother in law dealt with them when he sold his house. Neither of us would recommend them and both of us had a lot of hassle dealing with them.

Have to agree regarding Flynn - I dealt with them and would avoid at all costs. From buying I found Sherry Fitz to be very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

Thanks for the heads up can't say I have any experience with them in the past so but good to hear what others found.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

I used David Roberts of Murphy Mullan Roberts on Blanch Main St. Was completely satisfied as I needed to shift my house in Clonsilla in a hurry and this was 2010 when there wasn't much selling so getting someone to 'hustle' was really important :) I guess if he could sell then he'd have no problem now.

Good luck with your move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

jonnybravo wrote: »

yeah my parents in-law have has some issue with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Am I the only one fed up with estate agent not showing up on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

Bought my house from sheery fitz 2 years ago. They were easy to deal with. I also see their signs going sale agreed and sold more frequent than other estate agents. They seem to price the houses to sell. lloyds daly have had a house for sale on my street for over a year, way over priced. They also have a sign up to rent a house and I know there is no house for rent on the street. I rang for them to take the sign down and they never did. They're just trying to drum up business in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

AlanG wrote: »
    Have to agree regarding Flynn - I dealt with them and would avoid at all costs. From buying I found Sherry Fitz to be very professional.

+1 for Sherry Fitz, recently completed a house purchase through their Castleknock office and they were by far the most professional, courteous, punctual and informative agents and I've dealt with a good number of them over the past 18 months while house hunting.
    Was getting to the stage where I was discounting properties from non Sherry Fitz agents due to previous experiences of calls not being returned, questions going unanswered and late for viewings/appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

When I was house hunting, I was taken aback by how many agents couldn't be bothered to show houses. They only wanted to show opening houses on Saturday mornings or at some inconvenient time during the week. (ex 3.30 Wednesday). I felt like knocking on people's door and telling them "Do you know I'm interested in buying your house but your agent hasn't bothered to ring me back with a viewing appointment ? "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MrMaki

What are these estate agents doing better than house owners who want to sell their houses privately?

From my experience ( both renting and buying) they are useless.

- not showing at the place to deal with customer ( buyer)
    - taking pictures of flowers on the table
    - even the pig house they will call lovely residence
    - they have no idea about basic information about house ( like year it was built, size, ber rating, you name it)
    - they don't pass information between buyer and seller ( still remember the house contents I could get for almost nothing, but ea forgot to ask me if I want it)
    -they are pain to deal with.

Surely I can post add on daft.ie myself, take few nice pictures and welcome potential buyers myself answering all their questions and my solicitor can deal with the money, etc things.

Advertisement