Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pickin' The Pops

Options
  • 21-10-2015 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I am making a programme where I need to use a clip from Pickin' the Pops, presented by Larry Gogan on RTE Television in the 1960s...

The tape of the prgramme, alas, no longer exists, and no one can remember what the theme tune was... Does anyone know?

Or does anyone have any archive that they recorded themselves.

Any thoughts would be most welcome!

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Did you try and contact Larry himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 radio fan

Yes, I have. But larry can't remember... looks like it is an unsolvable mystery.

Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

OP. Look up John Foyle on twitter or FB. He used to contribute to the Pogues forum. He tracked down lost RTE recordings for Philip in the band. It's a long shot but he might be able to point you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,429 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Might be worth trying Brendan Balfe and Ronan Collins as well. They might be able to jog some memories.

Advertisement