Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Software Development Course

Options
  • 21-10-2015 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hello just wondering if anyone can help me with this, I just want to know where is the best place to study Software Development? By the best I mean Course Content, maybe hosts hackathons, talks from people in the IT industry, dedicated computer labs for students. Just looking to find a good place to study Software development. I know its a hard question to answer but even if people can tell me where they studied Software development and how they find it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks very much.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

DCU Computer Applications is pretty well known for being a great course in the industry. But many ITs also offer great courses.

Are you trying to decide which college to attend? A lot of other factors play into this, like location and teaching methods. You can research all the big colleges and look at what their graduates do and what their programme's offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 _JimPix_

DCU Computer Applications is pretty well known for being a great course in the industry. But many ITs also offer great courses.

Are you trying to decide which college to attend? A lot of other factors play into this, like location and teaching methods. You can research all the big colleges and look at what their graduates do and what their programme's offer.

Id be going to a IT because its really the only place you can do a Software Development course, Id be looking between WIT CarlowIT and GMIT but I just want to know which would be the best to go to for this particular course.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

My suggestion is to go to the respective forums and ask there, and to go to the college open days! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 _JimPix_

My suggestion is to go to the respective forums and ask there, and to go to the college open days! :)

Thanks going to few open days, where can I find the respective forums? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement