Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Werchter 2016

Options
  • 21-10-2015 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭

New year brings a new thread. The festival runs from 30th of June to July 3rd. First announcement is Rammstein on Friday July 1st.

I've seen them at Werchter twice now and I would love to see them there again. Time to make plans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Went to the last two RW and would LOVE to see Rammstein but have a big holiday planned for late May/early June next year, so mightn't be able to get there again in 2016 :( Do we think the Foos will make an appearance to make up for missing this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Florence and the Machine added for the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Red Hot Chili Peppers on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Thinking of going to this next year. Anybody that has gone before ? Would love a report on the festival , chilled out or full on ? I am in my 40's so hoping for chilled out , but not too chilled out :) Any info would be a great help , cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭exilec

Mr.S wrote: »
    There's a long history of Boards people going over to Werchter, if you search the forum you'll find all the past years threads!

It's a great festival, i've been nearly a dozen times - everything just works.

It's a bit less full on then Irish or UK festivals, its basically what you want - chilled out but not too chilled out. Basically you can do as much or as little as you want!

Weather is usually great (30-40c sunshine) but an also be horrible (cat 3 storms!) , but generally it's usually good.

Thanks very much for the info Mr.S It has been on my to do list for the last few years ! Reckon i will go for it , was thinking also for lollapalooza berlin but last years lineup didn't really interest me ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

anyone know when usually do they announce the next bunch of acts for this? also do tickets sell out quite early? thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Peg14 wrote: »
    anyone know when usually do they announce the next bunch of acts for this? also do tickets sell out quite early? thanks! :)

They still have a headliner to announce so hard to know when a batch will be announced.

It'll sell out early,always does. Think it was February or early March last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Paul McCartney just announced on his site he's doing Werchter this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Picked up a ticket for this last week and flights were dirt cheap! Is there going to be a strong Boards contingent headed over?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Heading over on Thursday for the Friday - just got the day ticket. Fantastic value for the acts that are playing.

They emailed me the free rail ticket thing which is yay!

Is it all easy to figure out from Brussels city centre? Also, I say (and hope) security will be extra tight at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Heading over on Thursday for the Friday - just got the day ticket. Fantastic value for the acts that are playing.

They emailed me the free rail ticket thing which is yay!

Is it all easy to figure out from Brussels city centre? Also, I say (and hope) security will be extra tight at it.

Yes, very straightforward. Great train service in Belgium and when you get to Leuven, the bus to Rock Werchter is well sign posted everywhere.

There's a big supermarket about ten mins walk from Leuven train station that is well stocked with festival supplies i.e. beer and crisps

Went last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. Sadly couldn't go this year but will look at going again in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

As a heads up, it's apparently been very rainy in Werchter over the past few weeks meaning some of the campsites are closed. To compensate they're changing some car parks to campsites.

From comparing two maps, it looks as if B1, C1, C2 are all closed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kelly22a

Yes, very straightforward. Great train service in Belgium and when you get to Leuven, the bus to Rock Werchter is well sign posted everywhere.

There's a big supermarket about ten mins walk from Leuven train station that is well stocked with festival supplies i.e. beer and crisps

Went last year for the first time and really enjoyed it. Sadly couldn't go this year but will look at going again in future.

Hello,

Can you bring your own beef and food into the festival grounds? I just have a day ticket for the Friday. Also, what time would be best to arrive in Leuven for the buses? Would there be a particularly busy time to enter the grounds?

Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kelly22a

kelly22a wrote: »
    Hello,

Can you bring your own beef and food into the festival grounds? I just have a day ticket for the Friday. Also, what time would be best to arrive in Leuven for the buses? Would there be a particularly busy time to enter the grounds?

Kelly

BEER not beef ha 😊

Advertisement