Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Group WC

Options
  • 21-10-2015 4:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey- I know I've put a thread out on how to start at Tri but I also have a question about "age group championships" Scrolling through some results I see that my running bests are significantly better than most competing for ireland in these events. Question is- what kind of times would a 35-40 yr old male have to be putting up to pull on the green jersey at one of these? Also would a time trial bike be essential for doing the biking portion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Hey- I know I've put a thread out on how to start at Tri but I also have a question about "age group championships" Scrolling through some results I see that my running bests are significantly better than most competing for ireland in these events. Question is- what kind of times would a 35-40 yr old male have to be putting up to pull on the green jersey at one of these? Also would a time trial bike be essential for doing the biking portion?

No TT bike required, just average club running times, a mountain bike, and holiday swims. I'll sell you a green shirt if that made it any easier.

Sad to see people get suckered into your beginner thread. Wait a little while before posting a suitably baffled reply, good lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭watercarrier

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    No TT bike required, just average club running times, a mountain bike, and holiday swims. I'll sell you a green shirt if that made it any easier.

Sad to see people get suckered into your beginner thread. Wait a little while before posting a suitably baffled reply, good lad.

? Didn't realise asking a question would get such a narky response! Sorry if I've offended you.

Green T- Shirt? WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Its not the times but its how much you are willing to spend to put on the Irish shirt - you could be 30 stone and still qualify if you wanted they will take anyone's money

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

Kurt_Godel wrote: »

WTF is that all about? The first thing he said on the beginner thread was that he came from a running background. Are you taking offence to someone ticking a box? Or upset that someone just might think they can handle the swim without taking the same interest in it that you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Makes a change from someone who "does a bit of GAA and soccer but runs 17:00 for 5k, is that any good?"

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement