Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Only Building?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Cables. I've 16 feeds in my home. My old apartment had 4 dishes which would have been 64 feeds, presuming they don't use larger LNBs. Seriously this isn't rocket science although I suppose it does involve space :pac:

Actually thinking about it IIRC mine was a optical splitter with 4 feeds into the apartment. I think I had the box crash on me (freeze) 4 times in 5 years. My UPC used to do that 4 times a week.

In fairness they broke my window fitting it. It was repaired within a couple of days. The glazier was so good I got the windows done!

They use multiswitches rather than multiple dishes. Buildings with multiple different dishes are usually offering multiple satellites for those who want foreign packages. Not uncommon on newer blocks.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

L1011 wrote: »
    I suspect an NI SkyGo sub won't work long term (if at all) from an ROI IP address.

Works fine.

The only thing that doesn't work in my experience is ITV over Sky Go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moderator note

Can we get back on topic please. The satellite tv forum is a more appropriate place to discuss the logistics of satellite feeds from communal dishes. Thanks.

Advertisement