Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky channels

• 21-10-2015 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I have what I think is a fairly simple question - is there a complete list of channels that come with the basic ( cheapest ) sky TV pack.

I spoke to the guy in the shopping centre at the SKY stand, very nice and informed for the most part but neither him nor his colleague were able to tell me, is BBC NEWS 24 was on the basic sky TV service.

I asked was there a list of ALL channels - the best he could find was wikipedia, but then he said you can tune some of the free to airs in.

So my question, can you get BBC news 24 on the SKY basic TV pack - and if not is it possible to get it at all on sky. I am currently on UPC and thinking of moving.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

jogdish wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have what I think is a fairly simple question - is there a complete list of channels that come with the basic ( cheapest ) sky TV pack.

I spoke to the guy in the shopping centre at the SKY stand, very nice and informed for the most part but neither him nor his colleague were able to tell me, is BBC NEWS 24 was on the basic sky TV service.

I asked was there a list of ALL channels - the best he could find was wikipedia, but then he said you can tune some of the free to airs in.

So my question, can you get BBC news 24 on the SKY basic TV pack - and if not is it possible to get it at all on sky. I am currently on UPC and thinking of moving.

BBC News as far as I remember is not on the sky guide, but it can be added in both standard etc and in high definition by keying its frequency and accessing it through a menu However it cannot be recorded.

BBC news is a completely free channel and is also accessible via a freesat or free to air satellite system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭jogdish

ahh ok, when at the shopping centre the girl was confident it could be keyed in - being new I had no idea what this meant.

Okay, thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Yes you can key in the frequency and best part is if you have a hd tv you can get the high definition version which looks great :-) both versions are available as I said for free so can be accessed via Sky by adding the frequency

Or for free on a freesat satellite system
    or on a fta sat system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

You can see the full list of channels on the separate Sky UK and Ireland epgs here - http://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_Channels_on_Sky

You can sort by RoI epg position by clicking the RoI epg header in each table.

Manual tuning list here - http://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_Channels_on_Sky#Manual_tuning

The Cush wrote: »
    You can see the full list of channels on the separate Sky UK and Ireland epgs here - http://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_Channels_on_Sky

You can sort by RoI epg position by clicking the RoI epg header in each table.

Manual tuning list here - http://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_Channels_on_Sky#Manual_tuning

Cool! and this will cost me no extra ontop of my basic SKY TV if I get it i.e €29/month plan ?

• Advertisement

and this will cost me no extra ontop of my basic SKY TV if I get it i.e €29/month plan ?

No.

I'm not a Sky subscriber but I believe accessing the extra free channel can be a little awkward as they won't be available via the epg but require a few button presses to select them. Google "Sky add extra channels" or similar for more info.

The Cush wrote: »
    No.

I'm not a Sky subscriber but I believe accessing the extra free channel can be a little awkward as they won't be available via the epg but require a few button presses to select them. Google "Sky add extra channels" or similar for more info.

If you are not a sky customer, how are you sure about "No"

If you are not a sky customer, how are you sure about "No"

I was a subscriber many years ago, the add channel option is included in the menu and is also available to non-subscribers.

Advertisement