Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solar pv meter

Options
  • 21-10-2015 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

[font=arial, sans-serif]I have made a number of unsuccessful attempts to obtain information regarding payment for export of excess electricity to the grid from Solar P V System.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I had an export meter installed in June 2014 and understood that payment for electricity exported would occur after one year, in the form of credit off my electricity bill.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]I have been continually trying to sort this matter since July via phone and email. I was in contact with a member of your department who informed me that the reading from the export meter reads remotely but in my case that this may not have occurred. He informed me that if this was the case that someone would come and physically read it. I have heard nothing since and as I have got yet another bill I would like to have this sorted for once and for all.[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Martina[/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi elsie1b,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    elsie1b wrote:
    I had an export meter installed in June 2014 and understood that payment for electricity exported would occur after one year, in the form of credit off my electricity bill.

That's right; as per our micro-generation terms and conditions, the full monetary value of exported units should be credited to your Electric Ireland electricity account on an annual basis.

Although the micro-generation pilot scheme was closed to new customers as of 31st December 2014, we are extending our export payment rate of 9.0 cent per kWh to our existing domestic customers until 31st December 2016. This will be our sixth year offering the pilot scheme to support our customers installing domestic micro-generators.
    elsie1b wrote:
    I was in contact with a member of your department who informed me that the reading from the export meter reads remotely but in my case that this may not have occurred. He informed me that if this was the case that someone would come and physically read it. I have heard nothing since and as I have got yet another bill I would like to have this sorted for once and for all.

If you would like us to have a look at your account for you and contact the micro-generation team on your behalf, we would just need you to confirm the following details by private message, for account security:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭elsie1b

David,
    It is now 2016 and we are still waiting for this problem to be resolved.
    We are tired of numerous e-mails,phone calls and being passed on and
    promises broken.
    I'm sorry but is there anyone in your organisation who will do their job
    and just credit us with what we are owed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi elsie1b,

We're sorry to read of your unhappiness.

In order for us to look into this for you could you please provide us with the following details by private message?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    We can then investigate your query.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Hi elsie1b,

In order for us to look into this for you could you please provide us with the following details by private message?
    • Your full name
    • Your account number

[*]
    We can then investigate your query.

Thanks,
    Brige

________
    [*]
    Thank you Brige,
    I have forwarded the information you wanted to David by private message.
    Please be aware that I have given all this information before and have gotten nowhere with this issue to date.

Hi elsie1b,

Thanks for your message.

We have received your private message and your query has been added to our queue.

We will look into this as soon as we can.

Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Advertisement

I intend to post here every month until electric ireland resolve this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again elsie1b,

We do regret the delay but we wish to reassure you that your query has been in progress since you first got in touch.

We will private message you an update shortly.

Kind regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

I'm having the same problem, credit for PV panels has not been paid to my account.

See below process to make a written complaint;

https://www.electricireland.ie/docs/default-source/code-of-practice-complaint-handling-2015/electric-ireland-complaint-charter.pdf?sfvrsn=2

Hi touchdown77,

• Your full name
    • Your account number
    We can then look into this matter for you.

Thanks,
    Brige

elsie1b wrote: »
    I intend to post here every month until electric ireland resolve this issue.
    We have just gotten our bill from electric ireland and the credit we have been so often promised has not materialised.
    Now we pay our bills by direct debit and electric ireland are very quick to take our money.
    We are only asking for what is owed to us since june 2015.
    I don't think electric ireland would wait that long !
    WE WILL SOON BE IN FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN TERRITORY...

• Advertisement

elsie1b wrote:
    We have just gotten our bill from electric ireland and the credit we have been so often promised has not materialised.
    Now we pay our bills by direct debit and electric ireland are very quick to take our money.
    WE WILL SOON BE IN FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN TERRITORY

Hi elsie1b,

We sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

We will look into this for you as a matter of urgency and will be back to you by private message as soon as we can.

Regards,
    David

Originally posted by elsie1b
    WE WILL SOON BE IN FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN TERRITORY

Hi elsie1b,

We sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

We will look into this for you as a matter of urgency and will be back to you by private message as soon as we can.

Regards,
    David
    Thanks to Ian for his help in getting this problem resolved today.

elsie1b wrote:
    Thanks to Ian for his help in getting this problem resolved today.

Thanks for your post elsie1b, we're delighted that it's now been sorted for you, and we do apologise again for the inconvenience caused up until now.

Should you have any other queries at all please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

PM sent with info
    Hi touchdown77,

• Your full name
    • Your account number

[*]
    We can then look into this matter for you.

Thanks,
    Brig

Advertisement