Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I give my nephew some work will it affect his mothers Child Benefit allowance

Options
  • 21-10-2015 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I would like to employ my 16 year old nephew part-time to help out in the office. He is in full-time education so he will work some evenings and weekends. I plan on paying him around €500 / month.

Does anyone know if this will affect the Child Benefit allowance that his mother claims ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Nope shouldn't have any impact at all on child benefit. She'll continue to get paid it until he's 18, so long as he remains in full-time education until then. His/her employment status won't affect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Do you mean the children's allowance that's paid monthly, or is his mother on social welfare and you mean the child dependent payment she would get every week?
    If its the children's allowance it won't affect her if its the latter it probably will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭GrayFox208

Child benefit the 130 euro monthly payment is a payment every mother gets whether the child works or she works. Until he's 18 and is in school 5 days a week it doesn't matter.

Advertisement