Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice....1st World Omega Dilemma

• 21-10-2015 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭

Hi

Was looking at getting something new, was going to blow it all on one but am thinking differently (and then buy a Couple of others and this time its all final..Honest)

I am stuck between

A) - A 2011 Seamaster 300m (Black) (212.30.41.61.01.001)

or

B) - a 2000 Speedmaster Moon (3570.50.50)

Price wise , there is 250 between them...

I have never had a Speedmaster

Thoughts....???

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Which Omega 14 votes

Seamaster 300M
    0% 0 votes
    Speedmaster Moon
    14% 2 votes
    Neither..But the Panerai!!
    85% 12 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

Of those 2 speedie for me. But that's pure personal taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

^ ditto (though I'd prefer a P.O.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭893bet

What about senraws 3 month old Speedmaster on TZ. Price is good enough but it lacks the box?

Speedmaster all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

893bet wrote: »
    What about senraws 3 month old Speedmaster on TZ. Price is good enough but it lacks the box?

Speedmaster all the way.

he sold it ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homer

Think most people will lean towards the Speedie.. You know what I'll tell you :P

• Advertisement

Homer wrote: »
    Think most people will lean towards the Speedie.. You know what I'll tell you :P

yep....

If I could sell my tudor , I know what I would do.

But it seems I will have to trade to a dealer..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,226 ✭✭✭893bet

he sold it ...

Didn't know it was gone. It was a good price! Bizzare sale though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

My choice would be the Speedmaster without a single doubt. In my opinion it is one of the nicest, most iconic watches ever made, an absolutely beautiful piece. How much is it? I was pricing them in cork and Limerick recently and there was almost €1000 difference in the price between two different stores which I thought was crazy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Seamaster is a cleaner looking watch, but quartz puts me off, I'm guessing the speedy is the more expensive one.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lady Inquisitor

Definitely the Speedmaster. Although, if the choice included an IWC Portuguese Chronograph, it would be a different answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭bren2002

blue5000 wrote: »
    Seamaster is a cleaner looking watch, but quartz puts me off, I'm guessing the speedy is the more expensive one.

Sorry I didn't look up the movement. Don't buy the quartz would be my opinion.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'd go with the Speedmaster too. IMH a watch nutter should have a Speedy once in his or her life. I did myself, back in the 90's. Dunno the reference, but it was a 70's one of some nature. Didn't really gel with me for some reason, but I'm insane in the membrane so… It's an icon for good reason and IMHO would still be near the top of the heap of vintage chronographs even without the space association.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Speedy all day long. I love mine. The perfect watch except that the bracelet only has 2 microadjustments. Although a 2000 3570.50.50 might have more if you are lucky.

Deed Done

Decided to add another 395 (sale of my Autodromo) and got a 2014 3570.50.00 Speedmaster Moon

Advertisement