Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wow Games on Xbox 1

Options
  • 21-10-2015 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

I haven't really found any game that has blew my mind, maybe Batman A.K. but none have taken my breath away. Does anyone know a game that will:confused::o

Comments

Witcher 3 /close thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Shadow of Mordor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

It really depends on what type of games you are into, but my picks from what I've played would be:
    Metal Gear Solid V
    Project Cars
    The Witcher 3
    GTA V

I'd put a health warning on Shadow of Mordor, as it seems to divide opinion. Some people loved it, some didn't. I was in the latter category.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Xbox, like all platforms lately got a lot of stuff to play.

I am not aiming to sound like a dick, but maybe its your personal gaming fatigue kicked in? I know I had those before too. Thing is right now next gen consoles have a lot of stuff to play and even more stuff coming out. Fallout 4 will be one of the new games that could WoW even the most grumpiest gamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Witcher 3 /close thread

/reopens thread
    Fighter Within
    /closes thread again and awaits ban

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Xbox, like all platforms lately got a lot of stuff to play.

I am not aiming to sound like a dick, but maybe its your personal gaming fatigue kicked in? I know I had those before too. Thing is right now next gen consoles have a lot of stuff to play and even more stuff coming out. Fallout 4 will be one of the new games that could WoW even the most grumpiest gamer.

I think it isn't that it. I started playing red dead redemption and I love it, theres no game like it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Sonderkommando

Sunset overdrive is a must own xbone exclusive, also halo mcc if you are a fan of the series.

Just finished valiant heart's which was a stunning game although I think it is available on all platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

I actually thought AC: Unity looked great. Granted I was coming off the back of Black Flag, which was basically a port from the last gen but there was bits of Paris in Unity where I thought I could finally see a decent differance between it and my 360. Only put in about 4 hours total and haven't played it in like 6 months but I'll go back to it and still thought it looked pretty.

Sunset overdrive is a must own xbone exclusive, also halo mcc if you are a fan of the series.

Just finished valiant heart's which was a stunning game although I think it is available on all platforms.

I hear mixed reviews from sunset overdrive, I have the halo mcc but only cause it came with my Xbox. Valiant hearts is great, i have got stuck at a few puzzles and then i sort of forget whats happening :confused:

B_Sharp wrote: »
    I actually thought AC: Unity looked great. Granted I was coming off the back of Black Flag, which was basically a port from the last gen but there was bits of Paris in Unity where I thought I could finally see a decent differance between it and my 360. Only put in about 4 hours total and haven't played it in like 6 months but I'll go back to it and still thought it looked pretty.

Given up on that franchise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Halo 5 looks amazing. Its out next week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Rorok wrote: »
    I hear mixed reviews from sunset overdrive, I have the halo mcc but only cause it came with my Xbox. Valiant hearts is great, i have got stuck at a few puzzles and then i sort of forget whats happening :confused:
    I was suprised at how good Sunset Overdrive was. It's not even the type of game I'd ever play but gave it a shot and laughed my way through the entire game.

I would class it has a must play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

dead rising 3 was a great game
    along with tomb raider

those are the only two games that have made an impression on me so far this gen

but halo 5 out next week :cool: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Forza 5 or forza horsian 2 but OMG looking games and play fantastic.

The new order also is fantastic then tomb raider and you will have rise of the Tomb Raider in a few weeks.

Black flag is also one good looking game.

Another for sunset overdrive a great game loved every min I played of it. From the makers of rachet and clank so if your a fan of them this is a must

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Given up on that franchise

Ya, it's gotten a very formulaic but if you did like the originals and haven't played Black Flag, you should give it a go. The sailing stuff is actually good craic and you can get it cheap if you haven't picked it up with GWG.

I'd agree Forza Horizon 2 looks great, especially when it's raining. The graphics on Forza 6 are probably up another notch but the setting and backdrop of Horizon 2 makes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Ya, it's gotten a very formulaic but if you did like the originals and haven't played Black Flag, you should give it a go. The sailing stuff is actually good craic and you can get it cheap if you haven't picked it up with GWG.

I'd agree Forza Horizon 2 looks great, especially when it's raining. The graphics on Forza 6 are probably up another notch but the setting and backdrop of Horizon 2 makes it.

€8.30 from here
    http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/assassin-s-creed-iv-4-black-flag-xbox-one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Black Flag gets a Thumbs up from me.
    It is a lot better than the previous one and I agree with B_Sharp on the sailing, it can be a bit hard at times but it does make for a good bit that doesnt have to involve running around an island, I also enjoy the treasure hunt in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

didn't know World Of Warcraft was available on Xbox One :D

Im enjoying the dying light demo, anyone here have it and does the parkour stay fun. And if you do like it can you tell me other games you like so I cam see if I'll like it :P

dunworth1 wrote: »
    dead rising 3 was a great game
    along with tomb raider

those are the only two games that have made an impression on me so far this gen

but halo 5 out next week :cool: :D
    Im expecting dead rising 3 to be a gwg soon though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Im expecting dead rising 3 to be a gwg soon though

Not before Ryse Son of Rome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Rorok wrote:
    Im enjoying the dying light demo, anyone here have it and does the parkour stay fun. And if you do like it can you tell me other games you like so I cam see if I'll like it

I bought it played for 2 hours hot bored and traded it in for mgs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Im enjoying the dying light demo, anyone here have it and does the parkour stay fun. And if you do like it can you tell me other games you like so I cam see if I'll like it :P
    A great game. It was a real sleeper hit. I didn't hear anything about it until it came out and I took a punt on it. The story isn't amazing but the gameplay is fantastic.

Unlocking your skill tree as you progress through the story makes the gameplay much more enjoyable. Yes the parkour becomes better as you progress your agility and stamina skills making it much more fun. Wait until you unlock the grappling gun. Now thats fun.

Venturing out a night time gives you a massive XP boost so keep that in mind for progressing your skill tree. Co-op is incredible fun if you can team up with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Quite possibly the best game I've played on xbox1, and I had zero interest in it, guy I was game sharing with got it and I gave it a go and got sucked in.

Sunset overdrive is a must play, I hope it ends up on gwg as its a game I wish more people experienced.

Ill have to wait till they reveal the gwg for November cause they said theyre going to stick with halloween/zombie theme. Games I want are Dying light, Dead rising 3, and sunset overdrive ( I loved ratchet and clank)

Well it turned out we're getting knight squad and pneumonia, extremely disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Shred

Alien Isolation is the best game I've played in a number of years. I thought it was absolutely superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Forza 6 is very good.

Shadow of modor would be a wow game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bad and all as it was at times, I reckon battlefield 4 delivered more 'wow' moments than most games I've played on the next gen consoles, the unexpected things that happen over the course of a few games is always pretty cool.

its not everyday you see a guy put C4 on a quadbike or motorcycle, then drive full speed at a tank, hopping off at the last minute to detonate the lot in safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Shred wrote: »
    Alien Isolation is the best game I've played in a number of years. I thought it was absolutely superb.

It is giving me some big jump moments but it is a great game and looks beautiful.

Advertisement