Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Note Post 7373

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,837 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

One scenario I don't want is Giggs, as caretaker or full time. As much of a United legend as he is he really needs to sever his ties with the club and go elsewhere to prove his capability as a manager. Don't know how close he was in the reckoning to the Swansea gig but that might have been an ideal start for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I liked Longie van Ball from last season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just a few questions
    Everytime a cross fizzed into the box on Saturday...was there anybody in there?

What I noticed was there was never anyone in the box.

What was Rooney Doing? Shouldn't he be on the end of it? Isn't he the lead striker?

What's your point ? We all know Rooney has been crap.

A better question is why our best forward was out on the right wing ?

I think Pro F has successfully debunked this "Its the finishing that cost us argument".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Louis van gowl is the winner today.

Soon to be replaced by Ryan Giggity Giggity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

With Pep looking like going to City it looks like the only choice really is Jose?

It looks like if we loose on Stephens Day Van Spoofer may be out?

I'd like Giggs in there till the end of the season but it may be too risky as we need to finish in top 4.

I think Jose needs 6 months out of football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

everyone here agrees we lack pace in the team, so that's why I couldn't understand the selling of Welbeck and for cheap as well.

We would be in a much better place now with

Martial

Welbeck
    Herrera
    Nani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

The Star,Mail,Express, MEN and Espn all reporting Jose set to get a 5 year deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have to go out. Know I am going to miss the announcement :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

py2006 wrote: »
    With Pep looking like going to City it looks like the only choice really is Jose?

It looks like if we loose on Stephens Day Van Spoofer may be out?

I'd like Giggs in there till the end of the season but it may be too risky as we need to finish in top 4.

I think Jose needs 6 months out of football.
    Inthink jose has a point to prove get him in now

• Advertisement

markc91 wrote: »

No way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/678889527319126017

Jan Aage Fjortoft

@JanAageFjortoft

He had a different story the other day.

well in fairness, the Norwich game has changed alot, i think had we won that LVG would be safe for another while but this seems to have changed everything.

well in fairness, the Norwich game has changed alot, i think had we won that LVG would be safe for another while but this seems to have changed everything.

Think Jose becoming available now also gave things a kick along. Was always going to add pressure, and the lose just made it final.

twitter has gone into meltdown now after the press reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

bangkok wrote: »
    everyone here agrees we lack pace in the team, so that's why I couldn't understand the selling of Welbeck and for cheap as well.

We would be in a much better place now with

Martial

Welbeck
    Herrera
    Nani

I thought Welbeck was wasted on the wing and needed to be a striker when he played for Utd... when he wasn't injured.

Where is any news likely to break first??

I keep refreshing the Sky Sports and BBC Football pages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Do any of ye think LVG will be in charge against Stoke next week?

py2006 wrote: »
    Where is any news likely to break first??

I keep refreshing the Sky Sports and BBC Football pages

Ogden, Ladyman and Jackson. Will be all over the net that a big announcement is coming (as it looks to be a bit right now...) then they will break it. Sky and BBC will look for official confirmation, and will probably report the same time an official statement goes up online.

Buzzing now....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

And so the Van Gaal era is almost done..

Lord TSC wrote: »

Buzzing now....

its not going to happen :)

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That's from when Moyes was sacked

astradave wrote: »
    That's from when Moyes was sacked

Yep just copped the date sorry guys excitement got the better of me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Did you even bother to go look at twitter before posting this ****e? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Just a few questions
    Everytime a cross fizzed into the box on Saturday...was there anybody in there?

What I noticed was there was never anyone in the box.

What was Rooney Doing? Shouldn't he be on the end of it? Isn't he the lead striker?

Imo crosses weren't fizzed into the box on Saturday. The build up play for crosses was far too static and simple (like it's usually been) and so the crosses ended up being speculative more than anything else. We need well worked passing moves, dribbles and interchanges, so that defenders are beaten before crosses are delivered in order to give those in the box a better chance. But what we have gotten is one or two simple passes in wide areas, followed by the winger or full-back trying to beat a defender on their own, or just put in a cross from half a yard of space.

Although there has been a problem with lack of numbers committed to attack a lot of the time this season, that wasn't so much of an issue on Saturday imo. There were actually decent numbers in the box a decent portion of the time. But as Moyes found out, that's not enough on its own, especially when the opposition are happy to defend deep.

From what I can tell, Van Gaal has been alternating between two modes. One has the two CMs generally keeping behind the ball and falling back when defending, the other has one CM getting forward a lot, both in attack and to press when we lose possession. The two CMs sitting causes the attack to be lacking in numbers and the one CM pushing up causes the defence to get exposed, but also has yet to ever make the attack particularly impressive. I think it is ridiculous that Van Gaal still hasn't found an effective balance at this stage.

As far as I can see, Rooney's off the ball movement to get into goal scoring positions has been excellent whenever he's been playing up front.

Wants to be first to break the news, you know so he is ITK, sources and dates and stuff dont matter dude you know the drill these days.

Lads something might happen in the next 2 minutes if it doesn't something might in the 2 minutes after you heard it here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

The lethargic build up has killed us this season IMO. teams have too much time to organise themselves while we just keep passing the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lads, someone full me in. Christ almighty.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Lads, someone full me in. Christ almighty.

Whatever you knew yesterday remains the status quo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's happening

give Jose money to spend in January and he'll fancy a title challenge, a far cry from Van Gaal's averageness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

If it happens I hope Jose gives Mata a chance.

How do you look at twitter for information?

Serious question, I just thought it was every eijet spamming whatever they thought most people would like to read.

I've used this place as a filter really.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

KH25 wrote: »

he wont and i hope people realise that rooney will still start every game. i cant see ander starting too much under jose either if it happens that is,

Korat wrote: »
    How do you look at twitter for information?

Serious question, I just thought it was every eijet spamming whatever they thought most people would like to read.

I've used this place a filter really.:o

I'm no Twitter pro, but he posted a screenshot of the official Man United Twitter account and it's a tweet that doesn't appear on the official Man United Twitter account. So all you have to do is go look at the official Man United Twitter account to verify that's it not real (or in this case, nearly two years old).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

It's happening

give Jose money to spend in January and he'll fancy a title challenge, a far cry from Van Gaal's averageness

I think he's a wounded animal and he would want revenge. I think he would LOVE to be the 1st person to be sacked by a club only to come back and win the title with another in the same year, could you imagine his presser if he did.

(Please correct me if this has happened already)

One thing about Jose is that he would demand a winning mentality. It seems LVG is more concerned with meeting targets, top 4 etc and that will do. Jose wants 1st place always.

• Advertisement

I think he's a wounded animal and he would want revenge. I think he would LOVE to be the 1st person to be sacked by a club only to come back and win the title with another in the same year, could you imagine his presser if he did.

(Please correct me if this has happened already)

One thing about Jose is that he would demand a winning mentality. It seems LVG is more concerned with meeting targets, top 4 etc and that will do. Jose wants 1st place always.

he wanted top 4 with Chelsea this season before he got sacked :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

he wanted top 4 with Chelsea this season before he got sacked :p

He got 1st... :)

KH25 wrote: »

I hope he showcases him in the Europa League then flogs him to Liverpool for a record fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

agh lads
    c'mon you're in laalaa land if you think theirs an imminent announcement about to be released...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I actually like mourinhos pragmatic park the bus games against the good teams.
    Ya, on the cover, it's ugly football, but underneath it good intelligent football.

He is a bit more extreme than lvg in that he can be more defensive but also more attacking while Louis likes to be middle of the road and minimise risks

Think Jose would be inheriting a good team who have been tactically drilled in the last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

According to the BBC United have had only 61 shots on target in the entirety of 2015/16. Can't tell if they mean all of 2015 or just in all comps since the start of the season, but it isn't a good stat either way.

stat today on opta....

62 - In 7 PL games between Dec 23 2007 & Jan 30 2008 Man Utd hit 62 shots on target, 1 more than they have in the whole of 2015-16. Yearn

stat today on opta....

62 - In 7 PL games between Dec 23 2007 & Jan 30 2008 Man Utd hit 62 shots on target, 1 more than they have in the whole of 2015-16. Yearn

Can I get them for all teams in the premiership, I'm guessing 2007 was picked because it was our highest for them 2 months in recent history.

So can I also get all other teams ones for their highest 2 month run as well thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

https://twitter.com/Frans_Hoek

This is the real account

Coat22 wrote: »

fake account

Can I get them for all teams in the premiership, I'm guessing 2007 was picked because it was our highest for them 2 months in recent history.

So can I also get all other teams ones for their highest 2 month run as well thanks..

yea I'm sure you can get them. Best of luck

fake account

I know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It's only know I'm really starting to appreciate SAF.

Dont get me wrong even from early age I knew we has soothing good. When he was meant to leave around 2001, I was gutted. But now I realise he was just supreme individual.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement