Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Note Post 7373

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Coat22 wrote: »
    All great points but IF Pep was to go elsewhere (nobody seems to think it might be PSG or Arsenal but neither would surprise me) then who would you rather instead?

The fact is Morinhio is available now and will most likely win you a league in the next 3 years. That, as someone said yesterday, is a big factor as otherwise you could be looking at 6 / 7 years without a league title (3 gone already) and then you start to look more and more like Liverpool.

If we don't get Pep, don't choose Jose, Ancellotti and Klopp are gone then who next? Conte? Wait until mid July again before we start squad building? No matter who else we would choose (bar Giggs) wouldn't be around until the summer by which time its already too late for next season.

I think everyone would rather Pep but if you can't get him then you better make sure you have someone lined up who you can get and get him fast, Morinhio fits that bill at the moment.

Honestly I've got no idea who. And I realise that Pep is probably off to City unless there's a Christmas miracle.

I know football's a business and Mourinho is a short term results getter, but I still have fanciful and romantic notions about the game and Jose doesn't fit with them :o

It's probably a question of whether results or ideals are more important, and as a fan I'd rather my ideals. I understand the desire for success above all else but I just want a bit of entertainment and enjoyment on the pitch in something that actually leads to something more sustained.

I don't have the answers but I have the opinions :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    This is a myth, his Porto team was incredibly exciting to watch, with Inter in the league they where brilliant, Early Chelsea, Real and Chelsea from the first half of last season where as attacking as you could get. People forgot about the rest and just focus on the fact he used a very efficient sit back and counter attacking game in important fixtures and label it boring.

You are one of the main LVG out people. Who should take charge in your eyes, given that it is being reported that Pep is going to city and ancelotti to Bayern.

I would love LVG to turn it around and beat Stoke Saturday and then Chelsea but its not going to happen. Its gone too far, too many players have zero confidence and his approach to the game is flawed. He will be sacked before the season is over which will be sad for him. he should have retired after the world cup.

I would have loved Anchelotti but he is gone now.

Guardiola is the obvious choice but he is gone to City imo.

Allegri could be good but I don't think United will look abroad

Giggs could be given an opportunity and I think United might be grooming him for the job

Mourinho is the obvious choice but I think Utd are wary of his antics in the past, some which have been disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

LiamoSail wrote: »
    All three had over 100 professional appearances each prior to Mourinho taking them over. Crediting Mourinho for giving youth a chance on the basis of him playing Cech, Terry and Lampard at that stage in their careers is akin to crediting Pelligrini for similar on the basis of him having given Raheem Sterling a chance.

It still trusting young players though.

Giving youth a chance is nice, but not if they aren't good enough like half the lads that got debuts in the last 18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Pro. F wrote: »
    Not one thing in this sentence is true.

In your opinion ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

As Ken Early on the Second Captains podcast pointed out these quotes from the weekend are extraordinary really:

"I am always evaluating myself because I think that is an aspect of the philosophy I have. But the philosophy is also making an evolution -- I am not the same coach I was 25 years ago.

"So, you are always evaluating and of course that philosophy is very important for me. Because of that I am -- or maybe I have to say now, was -- a very successful manager."

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2764185/worried-van-gaal-fears-man-united-sacking-after-norwich-loss

It's obvious things have just not worked, and you have to feel for a man who has done great things as a coach. To think that with his "ego" he openly stated that he may not be as good as he was.

He didn't actually say anything weird at all when you think about it.

Right now he can't say that he is a successful manager. That doesn't mean that he isn't as good as he was, it just means that right now he is not being very successful. That's just some good honest objectivity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Not one thing in this sentence is true.
    Agreed, but his early Chelsea team with Robben and Duff on the wings were one of the best sides in an attacking sense the PL has ever seen and his counter attacking RM side that won the league were a joy to behold.

I did not enjoy his Inter team, but then I mostly saw them in the CL so cannot comment on how they played in the Serie A, which was a relatively weak league at the time after Caliopoli and Milan were starting to wane, and his Porto side, while decent were not an attacking side at all.

If he becomes our manager I am not expecting exceptional attacking play, and with our squad, why would I? But I expect the team to play a more purposeful, direct style of football than we have seen in the last 12 months under LVG, which will be a welcome antidote for the beginning at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

He didn't actually say anything weird at all when you think about it.

Right now he can't say that he is a successful manager. That doesn't mean that he isn't as good as he was, it just means that right now he is not being very successful. That's just some good honest objectivity.

Oh no don't get me wrong. I think those quotes are remarkably refreshing, I'd love to see more of it. It's the honesty that we're not used to in the game is what I fund unusual.

If he were to actually tweak his "philosophy" and let the players have more freedom further up the pitch then I'd nearly give him more time, especially with the lack of viable alternatives.

The point I was making is that the collective patience has been used up and his position is becoming untenable between the recent results, fan outrage and press briefings that have set the 2 game agenda. Regardless of what happens I feel the point of no return has been met. Rightly or wrongly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Daniel Taylor claims that the club are deliberating over how long more to give LVG and are interested in Mourinho but not sold on him. They would want assurances over his antics and his ability to adhere to the traditions of the club.

He also reiterates the point I was making that it's very telling that there has been no off the record support for LVG since the Norwich game/rumours about having the next two games to save his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Blatter wrote: »
    He also reiterates the point I was making that it's very telling that there has been no off the record support for LVG since the Norwich game/rumours about having the next two games to save his job.

Well in fairness, this is completely ridiculous. Recent performances would pale in comparison to how worrying it would be if this is how the board made decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

As an Arsenal supporter I always liked Mourinho as a tactician and a successful manager. However I now detest his interviews and slating of anyone he disagrees with. He even turned on his own players and doctor when he attempted to transfer his own blame to them.
    I wouldn't like to see him at United and do similar there to a great club.
    Great managers know how to behave.

• Advertisement

Well in fairness, this is completely ridiculous. Recent performances would pale in comparison to how worrying it would be if this is how the board made decisions.

It is a bit alright. On the other hand, they have to draw a line somewhere.

It's just common sense anyway, if he does poorly in the next two games his position will become completely untenable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Daniel Taylor claims that the club are deliberating over how long more to give LVG and are interested in Mourinho but not sold on him. They would want assurances over his antics and his ability to adhere to the traditions of the club.

One of the very few I trust.

It's just common sense anyway, if he does poorly in the next two games his position will become completely untenable.

and the thing is there is absolutely nothing to suggest we will do any better than we have been doing and of all teams to play, Stoke will relish playing against us. its hard to see us coming away with 3 points

the team that gives us the best chance of getting anything at stoke would be

de gea

young
    Smalling
    Jones
    Blind

Carrick
    Schneiderlain

Mata
    Herrera
    Rooney

Martial

Let martial be the focal point, try and isolate him against Shawcross and Wollchied and use his pace to get in behind stoke. My only worry is we have no pace in the above team apart from martial and he is wasted on the wing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

As an Arsenal supporter I always liked Mourinho as a tactician and a successful manager. However I now detest his interviews and slating of anyone he disagrees with. He even turned on his own players and doctor when he attempted to transfer his own blame to them.
    I wouldn't like to see him at United and do similar there to a great club.
    Great managers know how to behave.

This is why I really hope he goes to PSG. Nothing against PSG, but the league draws the least coverage in the media of any he is likely to go to, and I'm sick of listening to his whining all over the news

Abramovich apparently got similar from Mourinho regarding style of play and commitment to developing young players. Didn't take Mourinho long to renegade on that

Daniel Taylor claims that the club are deliberating over how long more to give LVG.

So he has no idea whats going on but this gives him a very wide timescale if he gets sacked, but also leeway if he isn't as they were only considering it

and are interested in Mourinho but not sold on him. They would want assurances over his antics and his ability to adhere to the traditions of the club.

So we may or may not sign he depending on much stuff. Insightfull stuff..

People said some journalists were briefed on the 2 game thing. Either they were and it came from the club or they weren't and the club shouldn't give them any attention to the **** they made up.

Another absolute nothing statement to look like someone is ITK

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Is there anything to be said for going back to 3-5-2? I recall LVG used it quite a lot at the beginning of last season, to little effect it must be said. However it seems over the last 2 months or so every time I watch United they put in a performance that's even more ineffective, boring and predictable than the one before it. At the very least 3-5-2 would be a change and somewhat unexpected. Perhaps the players signed over the summer might be more successful in that formation? I don't see how though, I think I'm just desperate for something different.

• Pro. F wrote: »
    Rooney has played both lead striker and number 10. His positioning has been bang on in both roles. There has been no "dicking around in midfield" at all.

And it's not just Rooney who has struggled up front under Van Gaal. Martial is also struggling, Chicharito and RVP struggled before that. The problem is the system.
    If you believe so fair enough.

Think we have had this debate to death at this stage so point taken and I will move on.

My opinion hasn't changed on it though.

More a response to benos post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Is there anything to be said for going back to 3-5-2? I recall LVG used it quite a lot at the beginning of last season, to little effect it must be said. However it seems over the last 2 months or so every time I watch United they put in a performance that's even more ineffective, boring and predictable than the one before it. At the very least 3-5-2 would be a change and somewhat unexpected. Perhaps the players signed over the summer might be more successful in that formation? I don't see how though, I think I'm just desperate for something different.

A damning indictment of the manager after 18 months, wouldn't you agree?

This guy was supposed to be implementing a system and a philosophy, 18 months in and nobody has a clue what is supposed to be happening. We put up with 18 months of some of the worst football we have ever seen at the club because there was supposed to be a bigger picture, but here we are trying to figure out something that might work to get us going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,114 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Would love to see us go back to playing 442

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• bangkok wrote: »
    and the thing is there is absolutely nothing to suggest we will do any better than we have been doing and of all teams to play, Stoke will relish playing against us. its hard to see us coming away with 3 points

the team that gives us the best chance of getting anything at stoke would be

de gea

young
    Smalling
    Jones
    Blind

Carrick
    Schneiderlain

Mata
    Herrera
    Rooney

Martial

Let martial be the focal point, try and isolate him against Shawcross and Wollchied and use his pace to get in behind stoke. My only worry is we have no pace in the above team apart from martial and he is wasted on the wing

Rooney on the left?

Wasn't that his England jinx

Well that's the thing, it's kind of an easy bet for the papers to make a claim like that because with two more losses we'd be into January, things would be looking grim, and you'd feel like that would be when the board might make a move if they were going to.

So he has no idea whats going on but this gives him a very wide timescale if he gets sacked, but also leeway if he isn't as they were only considering it

So we may or may not sign he depending on much stuff. Insightfull stuff..

People said some journalists were briefed on the 2 game thing. Either they were and it came from the club or they weren't and the club shouldn't give them any attention to the **** they made up.

Another absolute nothing statement to look like someone is ITK

Nope. Daniel Taylor has proven himself to be a quality journalist over a long stretch. If what he says is grey and vague, then that's exactly the info he has. He's not one to put ink to paper for the sake of it, in fact I find he makes a point out of not doing that.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Abramovich apparently got similar from Mourinho regarding style of play and commitment to developing young players. Didn't take Mourinho long to renegade on that

Any link to that? Not that I doubt you, just I haven't heard it before.

I think it'd be foolish to think Mourinho will change his behavior in the long term. If you hire him then you take all his baggage with him. You have to weigh up whether the likely success he'll bring is worth bearing all of the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was thinking about it some more this morning. While I've numerous issues with Mourinho, there is simply no denying his success and how good a manager he is.

A hungry Mourinho, with something to prove, could be absolutely tremendous for us. Even if it's for a few years, it could launch us back on an upward trajectory.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Rooney on the left?

Wasn't that his England jinx

he has played there before, Martial is the future and has the pace to worry defenders, Rooney doesn't. I would have Depay there but he has been very poor lately and needs time to adjust to the league and stoke away is a tough place to play

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

bangkok wrote: »
    he has played there before, Martial is the future and has the pace to worry defenders, Rooney doesn't. I would have Depay there but he has been very poor lately and needs time to adjust to the league and stoke away is a tough place to play

I would rather have the natural right winger who is out of form playing right wing, than an out of form striker playing there. At some stage, this attempt to squeeze Rooney into the team ahead of players who are more natural in that position has to stop.

Quite surprised to see so many have reservations about Jose, thought I be alone.:)

Definitly have reservations, which I remember speaking about when Moyes got appointed. They are the obvious things that people stick to him regarding the state of clubs once he leaves, his reliance on buying the finished article, ability to develop players etc.

But there is no denying his success and ability. And maybe feeling a bit wounded, a Mourinho coming straight back in to prove he hasn't lost it, could boring the club on a massive upward trajectory.

I've my issues with his personality, I've major issues with the way he creates conspiracies and his constant attacks on referees. I've concerns about how he develops talented youngsters, his reliance on big transfer outlays, and his inability to integrate youth.

If he does become manager, I'd be willing to try be unbias and give him a clean slate (as in not from result one hold all that against him or bring it up) in the hope that maybe this is the job he sees as a massive opportunity, and that if he is given it, is maybe attached with some conditions about his behaviours and stuff.

I'd say regardless, Mourinho at the helm would deliver a league within three years and possibly a CL semi final/final.It's just down to if it will be worth the baggage, and potential carnage that gets left behind when he leaves.

Sunday Supp pod made the point united appear to be without a plan or vision at the moment. So if they are operating in the entire short term to not drift into the void, Mourinho could be the perfect short term solution.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I would rather have the natural right winger who is out of form playing right wing, than an out of form striker playing there. At some stage, this attempt to squeeze Rooney into the team ahead of players who are more natural in that position has to stop.

left wing I think you meant. Exactly and playing Martial there when we are lacking pace and a genuine goal threat is stupid imo. Depay is the only player who is available to play left wing at the moment but I think he needs to be taken out for a few games. Rooney was starting to play well before he got injured and I would play him there v Stoke.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

TheDoc wrote: »
    Definitly have reservations, which I remember speaking about when Moyes got appointed. They are the obvious things that people stick to him regarding the state of clubs once he leaves, his reliance on buying the finished article, ability to develop players etc.

But there is no denying his success and ability. And maybe feeling a bit wounded, a Mourinho coming straight back in to prove he hasn't lost it, could boring the club on a massive upward trajectory.

I've my issues with his personality, I've major issues with the way he creates conspiracies and his constant attacks on referees. I've concerns about how he develops talented youngsters, his reliance on big transfer outlays, and his inability to integrate youth.

If he does become manager, I'd be willing to try be unbias and give him a clean slate (as in not from result one hold all that against him or bring it up) in the hope that maybe this is the job he sees as a massive opportunity, and that if he is given it, is maybe attached with some conditions about his behaviours and stuff.

I'd say regardless, Mourinho at the helm would deliver a league within three years and possibly a CL semi final/final.It's just down to if it will be worth the baggage, and potential carnage that gets left behind when he leaves.

Sunday Supp pod made the point united appear to be without a plan or vision at the moment. So if they are operating in the entire short term to not drift into the void, Mourinho could be the perfect short term solution.

Yeah it was a good discussion to listen to and I agree, especially in terms of how we compare with City.

Mourinho for at least the next 2 years would deliver trophies, even more so if we get him in before January.

• Advertisement

left wing I think you meant. Exactly and playing Martial there when we are lacking pace and a genuine goal threat is stupid imo. Depay is the only player who is available to play left wing at the moment but I think he needs to be taken out for a few games. Rooney was starting to play well before he got injured and I would play him there v Stoke.

Will agree to disagree there.

For me, it should be Memphis and Mata (Barely, and only because we don't have anyone else viable there) flanking Martial, with Herrera eitherside. Rooney has done nothing to justify being selected ahead of any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah it was a good discussion to listen to and I agree, especially in terms of how we compare with City.

Mourinho for at least the next 2 years would deliver trophies, even more so if we get him in before January.

That's what would make the rest of the season interesting. As it is United won't win an argument between now and June but if Mourinho was appointed now we'd surely have a reasonable chance of success in the FA Cup and Europa League. Probably end up losing the cup final to Chelsea and the EL to Valencia but it would at least be interesting.

Would need to buy a half decent forward in January though. Nothing flash, but someone who knows how to shoot at goal would be nice.

I liked the comparison somebody made with Cantona.

Before arriving at United Cantona could easily have been seen as a total maverick, a loose cannon that couldn't be relied upon and definitely not somebody in line with the values of Manchester United.

But Cantona bought into the club. He felt at home with United and that reflected in his behaviour. He still had his moments, but his passion for the club was so earnest that they could be forgiven.

Who is to say Mourinho might not be the same? Why is it assumed that he will do here what he did at Madrid and Chelsea when we aren't the same as Madrid or Chelsea? What if he really bought into the club and brought a passion to the role that resonated with the fans?

Mourinho should have been appointed after Fergie and the circumstances now are not as perfect for him as they were then. But its not at all a given that he would come here and be poisonous, its not necessarily true that he would come here and play boring football filled with nasty interludes.

So when the choice either continue with the LVG horror show, give the job to Giggs or take a chance on Mourninho, is that really a choice at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

My most surprising discovery of the day: Angelo Henriquez has scored 40 goals for Dinamo Zagreb?!

Any link to that? Not that I doubt you, just I haven't heard it before.

I think it'd be foolish to think Mourinho will change his behavior in the long term. If you hire him then you take all his baggage with him. You have to weigh up whether the likely success he'll bring is worth bearing all of the rest.

Just what Ken Early was saying on Second Capt on their recent Mourinho episode. I probably confused thing in how I quoted. It concerned only style of play and bringing through younger players, nothing to do with his own behaviour

FutureGuy wrote: »

Yeah they had a good debate on it alright. And I'm very much starting to agree that City are starting to embarrass us with their steering, planning and long term goals. As they said, it's a real sad state of affairs where current and ex United players have sent their sons to the City academy.

While it's not a topic for now, maybe after another two windows pass, but I think we need to move along the lines of having a Director/Technical director of football, and moving Woodward into a more commercial focus, or having a lair of people under him who can really work the football side of it.

On reflection, it's obscure that the club didn't implement that setup and put Gill and Ferguson in there as a layering under Woodward, for them to manage the requirements and demands of the senior squad.

Can't remember if it was here or on Football weekly, someone said that every agents or freelance scout knows who to contact at Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Spurs. They havn't a clue who to go through at United.

The technical director setup has won me over a while now, and it might become time that we started to look into it. As Sunday Supp also said, the Bayern model should be something we aspire to, and I agree.

Make me wonder how good Van Gaal could be as a technical director. While he has been struggling in terms of his management of the senior team, the frequent underlying compliment from everywhere he goes, is that he builds foundations that lay long term success paths for each and every club and is exceptional at identifying young talent, and putting them into development plans.

If things don't end on a monstrous sour note, you'd nearly wonder if he could be tempted into that sort of role. Even if its not him, I think the club need to start looking into it. They need to break the club down from Fergusons image and one man runs all, into a modern football club where the football side of it is a silo from the commercial and can put all their attention into the needs and demands of the team and manager.

Before arriving at United Cantona could easily have been seen as a total maverick, a loose cannon that couldn't be relied upon and definitely not somebody in line with the values of Manchester United.

But Cantona bought into the club. He felt at home with United and that reflected in his behaviour. He still had his moments, but his passion for the club was so earnest that they could be forgiven.

Who is to say Mourinho might not be the same? Why is it assumed that he will do here what he did at Madrid and Chelsea when we aren't the same as Madrid or Chelsea? What if he really bought into the club and brought a passion to the role that resonated with the fans?

Mourinho should have been appointed after Fergie and the circumstances now are not as perfect for him as they were then. But its not at all a given that he would come here and be poisonous, its not necessarily true that he would come here and play boring football filled with nasty interludes.

So when the choice either continue with the LVG horror show, give the job to Giggs or take a chance on Mourninho, is that really a choice at all?

This strikes me as an oddly naive flight of fancy coming from you - the notion that the magic of Man United might take a hold of Mourinho and transform him into a better man. I think it's a bit silly to be honest.

Owen_S wrote: »
    My most surprising discovery of the day: Angelo Henriquez has scored 40 goals for Dinamo Zagreb?!

Absolute monster in last years FM :D

My main United save I sent RVP and Rooney packing first season, and kept Falcao as my main no.9 with Chico as backup and brought in some youngsters.

Henriquez became a 25+ goal a season player for a number of seasons until he became my main no.9 (after being unable to say no to 70m offered by Barca for Chico who was scoring 30+ a season)

Was one of the best saves I ever played in any FM game. Memphis and Mata were absolutely devastating :'(

This strikes me as an oddly naive flight of fancy coming from you - the notion that the magic of Man United might take a hold of Mourinho and transform him into a better man. I think it's a bit silly to be honest.

To be honest I can somewhat see where he is coming from. Mourinho is quickly running out of clubs to manage at the highest level. He has great affinity with SAF and there was that stuff about how he was in bips when he didn't land the United job before Moyes.

While the era of a long serving manager is very much finishing, it's not beyond managers themselves wanting to maybe lay down something more long term.

I'd say it's entirely possible for him to change certain behaviours if it required him to get this job. I'd also imagine there would be a good productive conversation with Fergie himself, as the two seem to be in frequent communication.

The opportunity to follow in the footsteps of Ferguson and manage one of the biggest clubs in the world, and try take them back to dominance, is something that would SURELY appeal to the biggest managers in football, and Mourinho being one of them.

Surely Mourinho now knows that apart from United, PSG is really his only other destination if he wants to remain in club football. If he doesn't play his next job right, he could be out of club management with no real viable options left before he is 56.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Memphis and mata as inside forwards and Memphis and adnan trading baloon dors.
    The 3/4 of us having a monster utd team
    <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Absolute monster in last years FM :D

My main United save I sent RVP and Rooney packing first season, and kept Falcao as my main no.9 with Chico as backup and brought in some youngsters.

Henriquez became a 25+ goal a season player for a number of seasons until he became my main no.9 (after being unable to say no to 70m offered by Barca for Chico who was scoring 30+ a season)

Was one of the best saves I ever played in any FM game. Memphis and Mata were absolutely devastating :'(

Haha he as top scorer in the Champions League in my FM save, which motivated me to look him up in real life. Still only 21, he could yet come back. United reportedly have a buy-back clause.

Whats silly is the current narrative of Mourinho as a pantomime villain.

Its not a flight of fancy to point out parallels from history.

I'd say it's entirely possible for him to change certain behaviours if it required him to get this job.

It would actually have nothing to do with actively changing behaviours, instead the drivers of those current behaviours would not be there, or would themselves be different and so result in different results. It would certainly not be the first time that a mercurial talent found an environment that suited their personality and thrived upon it.

Whats silly is the current narrative of Mourinho as a pantomime villain.

Its not a flight of fancy to point out parallels from history.

People who show a consistent pattern of behaving like arseholes don't exist only in pantomime.

People who show a consistent pattern of behaving like arseholes don't exist only in pantomime.

Arseholes are everywhere, in my opinion we have a colossal arsehole as our current manager.

Being an arsehole is not enough to rule anybody out of the job so people have to label Mourinho as a poisonous destructive force instead. The reality is not as simple as that.

Memphis and mata as inside forwards and Memphis and adnan trading baloon dors.
    The 3/4 of us having a monster utd team
    <3

Stopped playing Fm months ago, might go back to that save.

As you say, good few of us (Lord aswell) all seemed to have the same team dominating :D

Stopped playing Fm months ago, might go back to that save.

As you say, good few of us (Lord aswell) all seemed to have the same team dominating :D

Man, my team last year was so fun. Ronaldo, Pogba, Messi, Ibrahimovic.

Tried this years. Sold Rooney, and the team got really upset and spent half the season crying at me :( Got the sack, went to a relegated Newcastle. Built a mini-United; Lingard, Powell, Johnstone, McNair. Was fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Man, my team last year was so fun. Ronaldo, Pogba, Messi, Ibrahimovic.

Tried this years. Sold Rooney, and the team got really upset and spent half the season crying at me :( Got the sack, went to a relegated Newcastle. Built a mini-United; Lingard, Powell, Johnstone, McNair. Was fun.
    I must start an oul game of FM over christmas

you mean what he did at Chelsea twice, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

Also comparing a manager to a player is nonsense. You can take risks with players but at the end of the day ALL of the players will look up to the manager.

His treatment of the club doctor at Chelsea was disgraceful and he should have been hit with a ban over it.

His constant us against the world mentality is ridiculous.

His obsession with Wenger is sad, he once called him a Voyeur

Poking tito in the eye was disgusting

He just doesn't fit the profile of Man Utd.

You need to carry yourself with some class and he just doesn't have it

• Advertisement

you mean what he did at Chelsea twice, Real Madrid and Inter Milan.

No, I was talking about the recent unsavory incidents, not about winning league titles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement