Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Note Post 7373

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rumours coming out this morning that Messi is open to a move to the Premier League.

Utd plus Argentinians don't always have a happy ending but it's Messi!!!!!!

Btw before u all shut me down, let a man dream alright :p

Dream: Pep takes over from LVG, brings Messi with him to reunite the two.

Nightmare: Pep takes over from Pelligrini, brings Messi with him to reunite the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Dream: Pep takes over from LVG, brings Messi with him to reunite the two.

Nightmare: Pep takes over from Pelligrini, brings Messi with him to reunite the two.

Reality: Pep goes back to Barca to reunite the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Alternate Universe Pep marries Messi moves to manchester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

RobertKK wrote: »
    Schmeichel and Noel Gallagher on Soccer AM.
    Noel asked who will be the next Man City manager, he said Ancelotti or Guardiola.
    Schmeichel was asked who will be the next manager of United, he said Giggs, to which Noel burst out laughing and said 'I hope it happens'.

Every rival would have the same reaction as Noel. What's worse is it seems like it's already set in stone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think Pep will have a few more jobs under his belt before he goes back, if he ever does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

BT with a FA Cup qualifying round for the lunchtime game on a Saturday. Why not West ham v Chelsea instead ? No one cares about Forest Green v Margate. Setanta then have a cracker for us at 3 with Villa v Swansea instead of the Chelsea game.

The Rugby it is then for the afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

J. Marston wrote: »
    Every rival would have the same reaction as Noel. What's worse is it seems like it's already set in stone.

Wouldn't blame them for laughing either. I still believe our heartless American overlords will go for someone whose experience will guarantee CL football. The club is too big and the rivals too strong to take reckless gambles. The class of 92 and Gigg's football mates might say supportive things in public, but I'd be fairly sure the Glazers are not listening to them anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Bret Hart wrote: »
    BT with a FA Cup qualifying round for the lunchtime game on a Saturday. Why not West ham v Chelsea instead ? No one cares about Forest Green v Margate. Setanta then have a cracker for us at 3 with Villa v Swansea instead of the Chelsea game.

Because they don't have the rights and the forest green match is in since half 12.
    Heaven forbid a British channel shows an fa cup match when nothing else is on.
    And they don't have the licence for the Chelsea game.
    They can't just rock up to the stadium with a camera.

Plenty of hd streams as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

FFS :o

Football really would be dead if everyone thought like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

Will van gaal go with Rooney up front with Martial out wide again for tomorrow's game? If Rooney doesn't perform tomorrow he has to be dropped for a while, just not performing at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Not sure what I just watched there. I'm starting to think I'm at that age where I don't understand the music the youngsters of today listen to! is that a current hit z charts?

• Nalz wrote: »
    Not sure what I just watched there. I'm starting to think I'm at that age where I don't understand the music the youngsters of today listen to! is that a current hit z charts?

The music is awful, but the video editing redeems it

• da gamer wrote: »
    Will van gaal go with Rooney up front with Martial out wide again for tomorrow's game? If Rooney doesn't perform tomorrow he has to be dropped for a while, just not performing at the moment.

Outwide for me, he's got the beating of zabeleta imo

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Team tomorrow in my opinion....

De Gea
    Darmian--Smaling--Jones--Rojo
    ---Schneiderlin--Bastian---
    Mata----Herrera----Martial
    Rooney

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Team tomorrow in my opinion....

De Gea
    Darmian--Smaling--Jones--Rojo
    ---Schneiderlin--Bastian---
    Mata----Herrera----Martial
    Rooney

I agree. Darmian and Mata on the right hand side is what we were missing against CSKA. Lingard was drifting all around the place and Valencia was, well just being Valencia if you know what I mean :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I agree. Darmian and Mata on the right hand side is what we were missing against CSKA. Lingard was drifting all around the place and Valencia was, well just being Valencia if you know what I mean :p

You mean Valencia that set up our goal and was a continual threat down our right hand side? The level of hate for Tony V on here is ludicrous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

LeeJM wrote: »
    You mean Valencia that set up our goal and was a continual threat down our right hand side? The level of hate for Tony V on here is ludicrous.

Totally agree. I don't think he is nearly as bad as is made out.
    Nor do I think that Darmian is as good as some would make you believe.

da gamer wrote: »

If Rooney was going to be dropped for poor form, he'd have been dropped a few games ago :/
    LeeJM wrote: »

He did well to get the assist in the last game, but thats nowhere near enough to get his spot back from Darmian. One assist doesn't negate a load of poor games.

Valencia can't defend much and has lost the ability to get in any kind of cross. He gets into position and then blasts it off the defender's leg nine times out of ten, it's a joke at this stage.

Darmian looks a proper defender which is the first thing you look for in a RB, his timing of the tackle is top class and he is decent enough going forward. Yes he has made some mistakes but it is absolutely no contest who the better RB is.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    FFS :o

Football really would be dead if everyone thought like that.

Very true indeed and it was a very hyperbolic line that I came out with. It didn't turn out too be a bad game in the end,just a pity about the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Valencia can't defend much and has lost the ability to get in any kind of cross. He gets into position and then blasts it off the defender's leg nine times out of ten, it's a joke at this stage.

Darmian looks a proper defender which is the first thing you look for in a RB, his timing of the tackle is top class and he is decent enough going forward. Yes he has made some mistakes but it is absolutely no contest who the better RB is.

Fully agree with the Valencia part. He is a useful squad player who runs and runs. But he is as creative as a rock. He reminds me of the horse chess piece. Down the wing and cross. Repeat. Far to predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He did well to get the assist in the last game, but thats nowhere near enough to get his spot back from Darmian. One assist doesn't negate a load of poor games.

I never said he should replace Darmian. I just said Tony V gets a ridiculous amount of stick. IMO Darmian has been one of best players this season. An amazing piece of business done by LVG, his team and Woodward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Chelsea's cracking up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Chelsea are a great laugh this season.

Chelsea's cracking up.

Jose is not the special one anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I said it before, but West Ham are legends this season.

Jose is not the special one anymore.

Can you see into the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Looking forward to Jose's interview already

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Can you see into the future?

Him? No.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Him? No.

Exactly.
    Now you, on the other hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Mhourihnio off now too lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Chelseas fall is somewhat hilarious... still a great team with some serious world class talent but the lack of disipline and composure by Mourinho is obviously filtering on to the pitch..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

I wonder how Pedro feels about his decision now.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    I wonder how Pedro feels about his decision now.

Not sure it was his decision - LVG decided to end the pursuit and Chelsea jumped in by my understanding. I think both Pedro and Chelsea would have expected more from each other though.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Just to play devil's advocate, would people still have preferred Jose over Moyes?

Personally, when SAF left I felt Jose was the one for the job. It was the biggest job in the footballing world and Mourinho looked likely to be the man to fill the hole. I was disappointed with Moyes (and relieved when he was let go), but looking at Jose's "third season syndrom" happening all over again, I'm somewhat relieved that he didn't replace SAF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

As much as Jose has the experience, the man shows no composure under pressure. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he walked away from Chelsea with the way they're going. So no, Moyes was the right decision back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Just to play devil's advocate, would people still have preferred Jose over Moyes?

Personally, when SAF left I felt Jose was the one for the job. It was the biggest job in the footballing world and Mourinho looked likely to be the man to fill the hole. I was disappointed with Moyes (and relieved when he was let go), but looking at Jose's "third season syndrom" happening all over again, I'm somewhat relieved that he didn't replace SAF.

Said it at the time that I really hoped Jose didn't get the job. Even if he wasn't a rivals ex manager I would have found it hard to support him given his personality (or persona maybe). All this season has done is cemented that feeling and made me happy that it's now very unlikely he'll ever manage my teamteam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

madcabbage wrote: »
    As much as Jose has the experience, the man shows no composure under pressure. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if he walked away from Chelsea with the way they're going. So no, Moyes was the right decision back then.

Glad im not the only one that thinks he cant handle pressure very well. The media would have you believe he just does it to take the attention from his team but when the going gets hard he just throws tantrums and thats it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Thank **** for Sir Bobby :D

• jayo26 wrote: »
    Glad im not the only one that thinks he cant handle pressure very well. The media would have you believe he just does it to take the attention from his team but when the going gets hard he just throws tantrums and thats it.

Agree

It's Madrid version 2.0

Never ever blames himself

West Ham to second. Arsenal will probably go on top. Really important game tomorrow. We need to get a result and keep the pressure up top.

Premier League is getting better and better each week. Now for Jose's post match interview (if there's even one) :cool:

West Ham to second. Arsenal will probably go on top. Really important game tomorrow. We need to get a result and keep the pressure up top.

Premier League is getting better and better each week. Now for Jose's post match interview (if there's even one) :cool:

If anybody at Chelsea knows what they are doing they will keep Mourinho well away from a microphone for the next 48 hours. We could have a full on Kevin Keegan rant on our hands.

My belief still stands as follows; had Jose replaced Fergie, no way we would have fallen out of the Champions League spots. Jose would have been a bigger attraction as a manager for players, and while we'd likely have a situation when he had his inevitable meltdown, we potentially would have had a far better and more significant two seasons with him than we did with Moyes and LVG dealing with the aftermath.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Regarding the news that Messi is open to the possibility of a move to the premier league:

It was Guillem Ballague who said this, he interviewed Messi recently, and also did his first official autobiography for Messi. Ballague says Messi is open to a move but that it doesn't mean it will happen.
    Given the three teams mentioned as a possible destination if he were to ever leave - United, City and Chelsea are seen as the three teams that would be in for him, you would have to think United would be the favourites, if Messi and his father wanted to flee Spain after their dodgy tax affairs.

• Advertisement

Regarding the news that Messi is open to the possibility of a move to the premier league:

It was Guillem Ballague who said this, he interviewed Messi recently, and also did his first official autobiography for Messi. Ballague says Messi is open to a move but that it doesn't mean it will happen.
    Given the three teams mentioned as a possible destination if he were to ever leave - United, City and Chelsea are seen as the three teams that would be in for him, you would have to think United would be the favourites, if Messi and his father wanted to flee Spain after their dodgy tax affairs.

I'd say Manchester would definetely be his destination if he were to come to England but which club is the question. There is no doubt the his national team mates at City such as Aguero, Zabaleta would try to lure him over but hopefully that doesn't affect him and he chooses us over them.

Yis are losing the run of yourselves. I know this thread is about gossip and rumours but Messi talk goes beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Is there an obligation to do a post match interview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,591 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

hogandrew wrote: »
    Is there an obligation to do a post match interview?

Yeah, Jose will pick up a fine for that one!

Just out of curiosity, if Jose continues acting the way he is, picking up fines after fines and bans, will the FA just continuously continue giving him more fines and bans or can they actually go a step further to remove him from the club??? Just wondering

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement