Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation for dry skin

Options
  • 21-10-2015 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As per title- has anyone any recommendations for a light/medium coverage foundation but for very dry skin? Budget/drugstore brands preferable.

I find it really hard to get a daytime foundation that lasts reasonably well without drying my skin out or making any flakiness very obvious. I know obviously I need to work on moisturizing and exfoliating my skin, but I've always had dry skin and it's getting worse as i get older. I know everyone raves about L'oréal True Match, but I find it quite drying. I don't like the shimmer in Rimmel Wake Me Up. Willing to give any others a go though so would be grateful for suggestions.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I love this one by No.7

http://www.boots.ie/en/No7-Essentially-Natural-Foundation_1273323/

It's light coverage but buildable. It lasts well, doesn't oxidise etc. Cheap too at €12.95.

It blends really beautifully, doesn't cling to spots or dry patches. Looks gorgeous in photos, no flash back, it doesn't go shiny.

Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Great, thanks! I have a money off no.7 voucher so was thinking of going for one of their ones actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Any luck with no 7? Really need a new foundation myself. Have dry skin and looking for a nice dewy foundation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I've just gone back to bourjois healthy serum mix foundation. I've got combination oily t zone/dry skin and I find it good

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Penzo16

+1 for Bourjois healthy mix serum, lovely light foundation and not drying on the skin.

Collection Lasting Perfection foundation is another favourite of mine. More of a medium to full coverage but is light and dewy on the skin. When I have suffered from psoriasis flare up on my face it covered it so well (as did Bourjois, but with the help of a bit more concealer). Another plus, it's under €10!

On the more expensive side, Inglot HD foundation doesn't dry out my skin and gives a nice finish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I really rate the bourjois foundations too, love the healthy mix serum and the CC one, I prefer the CC foundation but the serum is probably better for drier skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Another vote for Bourjois HM Serum. Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder for a higher end option (can't stand her but the foundation is lovely).

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Gal44 wrote: »
    Any luck with no 7? Really need a new foundation myself. Have dry skin and looking for a nice dewy foundation

I use Monsia day moisturiser with SPF15, then I apply a couple of drops of Vit E oil all over neck and face before applying my Boots #7 foundation. This works good for me.

Advertisement