Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage

Options
  • 21-10-2015 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm wondering about mortgage amount and repayments! I recently attended a mortgage consultation in a BOI branch and based on a 200k house value with 180k loan. Amount over 35 years was returning 990PM repayments on a 1 year fixed! Now to me that sounded crazy because I though I seen before much less! Continued with the consultation anyway but after checked online via the mortgage calculators and gave same details and saw a huge difference!! Online both mortgages.ie and BOI online have 765PM repayments over 35 years! So where is the discrepancy!???
    Regards
    Fran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

franfog wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm wondering about mortgage amount and repayments! I recently attended a mortgage consultation in a BOI branch and based on a 200k house value with 180k loan. Amount over 35 years was returning 990PM repayments on a 1 year fixed! Now to me that sounded crazy because I though I seen before much less! Continued with the consultation anyway but after checked online via the mortgage calculators and gave same details and saw a huge difference!! Online both mortgages.ie and BOI online have 765PM repayments over 35 years! So where is the discrepancy!???
    Regards
    Fran
    Hi franfog, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

As a number of factors are taken into account when applying for a mortgage, our online Mortgage calculator are for indication purposes only. We would be happy to arrange a call to you from your Mortgage advisor in your branch who you were speaking with previously. If you would like a call back to discuss this further please let us know in a private message. 

You can send a Private Message to us by clicking on the link in my signature below. Please include your name, contact number and the branch you had your meeting in. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 3 franfog

Hi,

Regards
    Fran
    Hi franfog, 

As a number of factors are taken into account when applying for a mortgage, our online Mortgage calculator are for indication purposes only. We would be happy to arrange a call to you from your Mortgage advisor in your branch who you were speaking with previously. If you would like a call back to discuss this further please let us know in a private message. 

You can send a Private Message to us by clicking on the link in my signature below. Please include your name, contact number and the branch you had your meeting in. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi BOI,

Thanks for your response. However i find it of no help and an easy excuse to suggest its for indication purposes only. You might as well  tell people that they don't have to repay anything as tell them a value that is completely wrong anyway. 

why are these "extra" terms not taken into account in this calculator? 

To have something publicly available( on reputable websites)  that is completely wrong and gets hopes up to afford a smallish mortgage only to be dashed when talking directly with your bank is upsetting to say the least. 

Sarah this response is not directed at you its not your fault!

Fran 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

Regards
    Fran
    Hi franfog, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi BOI,

Thanks for your response. However i find it of no help and an easy excuse to suggest its for indication purposes only. You might as well  tell people that they don't have to repay anything as tell them a value that is completely wrong anyway. 

why are these "extra" terms not taken into account in this calculator? 

To have something publicly available( on reputable websites)  that is completely wrong and gets hopes up to afford a smallish mortgage only to be dashed when talking directly with your bank is upsetting to say the least. 

Sarah this response is not directed at you its not your fault!

Fran 
    Hi Fran, 

Thanks for your reply. 

We do have several different calculators online to give our customers an indication of what we can offer in terms of your Mortgage, they do mention that the results are for indicative purposes only. We have a Mortgage FAQs here which has a section on what's looked for when you apply for your mortgage, such as your savings, day to day expenses and any loans you may have. 

We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments here and will pass your feedback on.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement