Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merino Wool

Options
  • 21-10-2015 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭

Anyone here use merino wool when running? Is it worth the extra cost compared to regular running gear? When I think of wool and rain I think its going to heavy isn't it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

6781 wrote: »
    Anyone here use merino wool when running? Is it worth the extra cost compared to regular running gear? When I think of wool and rain I think its going to heavy isn't it?

No experience with merino wool, but the price always put me off.

If you are looking for tops for the winter you should check out the Karrimor Xlite range of long sleeved, quarter zipped tops @ <€15 on sports direct, have a few and they are very comfortable on their own and with a fitted t underneath.
    Also the pro touch long sleeves tops which are always on sale or in the buy one get one half price bucket in Elverys, bit heavier than the Karrimor though.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

For base layers, I generally only use the merino ones I have for the coldest of weather. Merino insulates very well even when wet. I prefer polyester/elastane mix most of the time.

I pretty much only use smartwool socks though.

Advertisement