Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Recruitment Campaign - November 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

So has anybody failed. Or does anyone the quantity of people that have passed whether it's band 1/2 or 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    Hey folks, just found this thread. Do we know how many applied this time around?

I know approx. 20,000 went for it in '13 but was wondering what the numbers were like this time around.

Hi! Around 17,000 I believe.

smiley963 wrote: »
    So has anybody failed. Or does anyone the quantity of people that have passed whether it's band 1/2 or 3.

A friend of mine failed, he was just told that unfortunately he wouldn't be progressing. I'm not sure if he was given a number of where he placed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

2,563. Delighted, this is the best I've ever done, didn't even get past stage 1 last time, put in a lot of practise and study so delighted it's paid off

Cathyp wrote: »
    A friend of mine failed, he was just told that unfortunately he wouldn't be progressing. I'm not sure if he was given a number of where he placed.

Oh right. 1791 candidates are in band 1 am I correct in saying that. Mor than likely star 2 will commence in coming weeks.

Oh right. 1791 candidates are in band 1 am I correct in saying that. Mor than likely star 2 will commence in coming weeks.

I think it's fair to say that, although this is my first campaign so I'm no expert!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Any tips for preparing for report writing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

Placed 775th, delighted! Now onto stage 2. Anyone have any details about the report writing and job simulation exercise?

LpPepper wrote: »
    Placed 775th, delighted! Now onto stage 2. Anyone have any details about the report writing and job simulation exercise?

I reckon we will get familiarisation the end of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

Was anyone's knows but what's the max one can achieve in points in each test? Also is thee someone that got into the 1st 1000 that could share their overall score.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Izzywhite

I got 2680 do you reckon I even have a chance !? Delighted I passed but devastated where I placed .

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

pinkcop wrote: »
    I got 1915, and I don't like the ifs and buts at the end of the email :(

But your in the first band so what's your worry?

Last time it was bands if i remember correctly. This time around i don't see anything like that, just that up to 1791 are going forward. It looks like it is done differently this time arund

No its 1971 in the email I received. I checked twice!!

PMMG wrote: »

Yes 1971 and also they have changed the stage again from what they recently stated. They said stage 2 just supervised tests but now it's scenerios and report writing

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Did you get 1915 too?

My wife got the same!!

It's 1791!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pinkcop

But your in the first band so what's your worry?

No I didn't I missed out on the first band. 1791 going through to stage 2

Yes 1971 and also they have changed the stage again from what they recently stated. They said stage 2 just supervised tests but now it's scenerios and report writing

How did you get on?

Has anyone started a new tread for stage 2??? If not I will start one now to avoid confusion

• Advertisement

PMMG, will you check your message again and clarify if yours says 1971 or 1791. You said you checked twice that it was 1971 but others have 1791. Thanks

KiloDelta wrote: »
    PMMG, will you check your message again and clarify if yours says 1971 or 1791. You said you checked twice that it was 1971 but others have 1791. Thanks

1971 or 1917 I think...sorry forgot again!!!!

This is weird.

Direct copy and paste

"Initially those ranked up to and including place 1791 based on their performance at Stage 1 will be invited forward to Stage 2, Assessment Centre. Should it be necessary to invite forward additional candidates and your placing is reached, you will be contacted by the Public Appointments Service."

I am having a meltdown. Did PAS f up? Mine says up to and including 1791 qualify for stage 2

With respect, PMMG must be mistaken? It clearly says

Should it be necessary to invite forward additional candidates and your placing is reached, you will be contacted by the Public Appointments Service."

EDIT: Apologies to PMMG

• Advertisement

With respect, PMMG must be mistaken? It clearly says

Should it be necessary to invite forward additional candidates and your placing is reached, you will be contacted by the Public Appointments Service."

To qualify, candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard on each test. Initially those ranked up to and including place 1971 based on their performance at Stage 1 will be invited forward to Stage 2, Assessment Centre. For further information on the scoring, please click on the link below.

There's new thread for stage 2 "Garda Recruitment Stage 2 --- 2016/2017

To qualify, candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard on each test. Initially those ranked up to and including place 1971 based on their performance at Stage 1 will be invited forward to Stage 2, Assessment Centre. For further information on the scoring, please click on the link below.

Ah for God's sake. There is 3 (that we know of) people here with a score of 1915.

1971 gets them in, 1791 rules them out.

That's what I got

There's new thread for stage 2 "Garda Recruitment Stage 2 --- 2016/2017

Nice one

• Advertisement

That's what I got

New thread for stage 2

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

I wonder if the fact theyre bringing those with 1791 and less forward as band one may mean that thats 5000 people? Those with equal scores received the same order number, so there might be 5000 people within that 1791 order bracket? Not sure if that makes sense but I cant really word it right

TF1992 wrote: »
    Place: 461

Details of your Stage 1 online assessment & test results are set out below:

Assessment Questionnaire

Qualifying Score 340
    Your score 570

Verbal Comprehension

Qualifying Score 380
    Your score 550

Abstract Reasoning

Qualifying Score 380
    Your score 690

It's marked out of 800 as far as I am aware.

That's what I got

I got the very same but 1791 ?

I got the very same but 1791 ?

It has to be an error PinkCop. I obviously hope it's an error that we got and not the error being 1971.

Having said that, they could hardly tell someone who got 1792, "sorry - that is a mistake, the cut off was actually 1791!"

It has to be an error PinkCop. I obviously hope it's an error that we got and not the error being 1971.

Having said that, they could hardly tell someone who got 1792, "sorry - that is a mistake, the cut off was actually 1791!"

What does one do? If it's 1971 I've made band one? I'm afraid to ring them they might eat the head off me! I'm so confused

What does one do? If it's 1971 I've made band one? I'm afraid to ring them they might eat the head off me! I'm so confused

My wife is in the exact same boat as you. She's raging here!

My wife is in the exact same boat as you. She's raging here!

I don't blame her. It has to be a typo... 1971 1791....suspicious. I'd imagine we will get a message from them tomorrow!

Just a thought folks but all those in band 1 got a different email than those in the subsequent bands and it's likely that the error is in the band 1 email. But you need to clarify this

Just a thought folks but all those in band 1 got a different email than those in the subsequent bands and it's likely that the error is in the band 1 email. But you need to clarify this

Yep, that sounds most plausible but I agree, it needs to be clarified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 fitzytour

Was in work until now & couldn't check results....came in top 200!!! Absolutely cannot believe it...delira :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

3300 or so here. bit of a set back alright. Hopefully not next year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

It's marked out of 800 as far as I am aware.

270 points in the difference between me and you. must have been very tight scoring wise

Sorry quoted wrong post. Guy who ranked 400 odd

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TF1992

Soby wrote: »
    270 points in the difference between me and you. must have been very tight scoring wise

Sorry quoted wrong post. Guy who ranked 400 odd

Girl* ðŸ˜႒

Can anybody confirm if the cut off was just a cut off for "Band One" or are those above 1791 likely to be called, even into 2017?

#1800 for example...

Just trying to figure out is you scores over the cut off are you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

It's completely out of your control, so why worry. It's likely everyone who passed the tests will get called eventually. Start practicing for the next one - if you do end up being called, then you will be ready for the verbal/abstract testing. If you don't get called, you'll at least have your resources ready (and practiced) by 2017.

I'm so confused about it all. My scores were almost the same as someone else who posted here. And that person got placed 461 and me 1915. Bizarre to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CorkColin

I'm so confused about it all. My scores were almost the same as someone else who posted here. And that person got placed 461 and me 1915. Bizarre to say the least

Well how much of a difference is there? for example the guy that got 461, overall on his/her scores he has +10 points on me, and i got around 600, shows how tight it was.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Know a foreign lad applied. He did well on the Assessment and Abstract reasoning, but the Verbal Comprehension caught him, since it isn't his native language. Gutted for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Placed in the top 20

Score as follows

Assessment Questionnaire

Qualifying Score 340
    Your score 670

Verbal Comprehension

Qualifying Score 380
    Your score 660

Abstract Reasoning

Qualifying Score 380