Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Recruitment Campaign - November 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eraj

[Hi RiceandBeans I am same at 4077

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Seratin wrote: »
    Uh, I scored 3776 too. This is... Odd.

i scored 3776 aswell . . . no joke :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

will there be another recruitment drive next year? or is this is for a few years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

In the last recruitment it was about 600 people called every 3 months.

Cedric87 wrote: »
    In the last recruitment it was about 600 people called every 3 months.

you mean in collge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Cormacs72

i scored 3776 aswell . . . no joke :o

I scored the same too. Very strange...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

how long do the trainees stay in templmore and how many can it accomadate?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 daithi72222

templemore is 34 weeks with 2 weeks public holidays so 32 weeks. key to this application is patience . Its a very long process. If your numbered outside 1800 you'll be waiting a year plus. they take a batch of roughly 1800 or whatever the cut off and use them for stages 3,4,5 and technically 6 . they cut out a lot of people .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

eraj wrote: »
    you mean in collge.

No the 1800 or whatever the 1st group is wont be brought to stage 2 in one lot. Last time they were called in 600's and 3 months later another 600 were called to supervised stage and so on. The cut off is basically the number they are commited to bringing forward and from there on its an if we need you basis. I would be 100% sure they will bring forward everyone that passed eventually but they just wont promise it! So even if your in the 1st group lets say 1500, more than likely it will be about 6momths before you do stage 2 as they bring them in steady numbers through the process (600 last time)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

templemore is 34 weeks with 2 weeks public holidays so 32 weeks. key to this application is patience . Its a very long process. If your numbered outside 1800 you'll be waiting a year plus. they take a batch of roughly 1800 or whatever the cut off and use them for stages 3,4,5 and technically 6 . they cut out a lot of people .

Your not helping my nerves :)

• Advertisement

Its all waiting lads and ye are only at the start so ye will need alot of patience!

thekopend wrote: »
    No the 1800 or whatever the 1st group is wont be brought to stage 2 in one lot. Last time they were called in 600's and 3 months later another 600 were called to supervised stage and so on. The cut off is basically the number they are commited to bringing forward and from there on its an if we need you basis. I would be 100% sure they will bring forward everyone that passed eventually but they just wont promise it! So even if your in the 1st group lets say 1500, more than likely it will be about 6momths before you do stage 2 as they bring them in steady numbers through the process (600 last time)

I am sorry to ask again , according to this I m 4077 so I will be next year end or may be not at all.

"To qualify, candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard on each test. Initially those ranked up to and including place 1971 based on their performance at Stage 1 will be invited forward to Stage 2, Assessment Centre." They're bringing forward 1971 to stage 2. Obviously not on the same day but they are bringing 1971 to stage 2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

"To qualify, candidates were required to reach the qualifying standard on each test. Initially those ranked up to and including place 1971 based on their performance at Stage 1 will be invited forward to Stage 2, Assessment Centre." They're bringing forward 1971 to stage 2. Obviously not on the same day but they are bringing 1971 to stage 2 .

They are not as the 1971 seems to be a typing error.

There are lots who got the same message except with 1791 as the figure.

must be 1791 with 180 in reserve or a typo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Who would be best to email with regards to the reserves. Applied for that back in July or so and heard nothing. Be nice to get moving foward while I face a 18 month or so wait with this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

For those invited to STAGE 2. Confirmation that stage 2 will be this month. No exact date but will be completed by end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pinkcop

KiloDelta wrote: »

I emailed them kilo, it was wrecking my head. Ill let you know when they write back.

pinkcop wrote: »
    I emailed them kilo, it was wrecking my head. Ill let you know when they write back.

That's great. Heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭df14

Soby wrote: »
    Who would be best to email with regards to the reserves. Applied for that back in July or so and heard nothing. Be nice to get moving foward while I face a 18 month or so wait with this :(

I applied in 2014 and never heard a thing

• Advertisement

df14 wrote: »
    I applied in 2014 and never heard a thing

Ye appointments office just emailed me back. No current idea of a date for next class of reserves. So a no.0 for 2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 navanlad

I got in the mid 2000s.

Is there anyway that i would be called before september???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Congrats everyone that met the standard.Placed in the 3900's myself,hopefully everyone that passed will get called to the next stage eventually.

I wonder will they announce the total num of people who passed?

navanlad wrote: »
    I got in the mid 2000s.

Is there anyway that i would be called before september???

From what I've read I'm telling myself 18 months.

If it's 600 every 3 months.

So I'm 3300 rank. So God willing I'll be the 6th batch. So 6*3 = 18 months

From what I've read I'm telling myself 18 months.

If it's 600 every 3 months.

So I'm 3300 rank. So God willing I'll be the 6th batch. So 6*3 = 18 months

First batch will commence stage 2 this month. That's a deffo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 docst

Folks, I'd be wary posting where you ranked in the competition on a public forum!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

docst wrote: »
    Folks, I'd be wary posting where you ranked in the competition on a public forum!!!

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Dr_Champion

Ye appointments office just emailed me back. No current idea of a date for next class of reserves. So a no.0 for 2 :(

The Garda Reserve is not recruiting I asked on the Garda reserve forum some people applied years ago and passed all the stages right up to getting medicals and still are waiting on training . I read a few comments from months back and apparently there is tones of people waiting for a test and interview which is stage one in the Reserve Garda recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

fin12 wrote: »
    Why?

Very delicate information, and you could be easily identified from you merit number, from there Name, Email, Facebook. You only need one to find the rest. If you look at the Facebook page for Gardaí recruitment you would be amazed about all the information people are giving away to everyone.

• Advertisement

I don't wanna bump the old stage 3 thread. 3100 of them passed when they did it. Does anyone know someone who ranked around the 3000 mark..how long later they were called? Or were they called at all?

I don't wanna bump the old stage 3 thread. 3100 of them passed when they did it. Does anyone know someone who ranked around the 3000 mark..how long later they were called? Or were they called at all?

3100 of them were in the first cut off and 1200 were in the next so 4300 went to supervised tests. As said they were called in groups of 600 every 3 months so it was about a year and 3 months for 3000th to be called. Technically i was placed 3110ish for supervised test and it took 1yr 6/7 months for me to be called and i know the group b4 me were only 3 months before us and that would have included person placed 3000.
    The struggle is real lads i know it can be hard to accept but from start to finnish it will have taken me 2yrs and 4months to get to templemore from doing stage 1. All of that was down to being far from top at first stage cus i was placed high every stage after that.

3100 of them were in the first cut off and 1200 were in the next so 4300 went to supervised tests. As said they were called in groups of 600 every 3 months so it was about a year and 3 months for 3000th to be called. Technically i was placed 3110ish for supervised test and it took 1yr 6/7 months for me to be called and i know the group b4 me were only 3 months before us and that would have included person placed 3000.
    The struggle is real lads i know it can be hard to accept but from start to finnish it will have taken me 2yrs and 4months to get to templemore from doing stage 1. All of that was down to being far from top at first stage cus i was placed high every stage after that.

I honestly hope they do not do vertified and unvertified, i think it's very unfair. I scored really high in the abstract depending on the luck of the draw you could get really tough tests. Which I think make it unfair.

Thanks man, thats comforting to know. I a way im kinda glad im maybe not the first 600. As it would probably come too quick and i'd be unprepared.

Good to know someone ranked 3100 anyway and got down to templemore.

Thanks the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

smiley963 wrote: »
    I honestly hope they do not do vertified and unvertified, i think it's very unfair. I scored really high in the abstract depending on the luck of the draw you could get really tough tests. Which I think make it unfair.

I am the same as you. Scored really high in abstract so worried that I might not perform as well again with all the nerves and different environment and all

Its really the only way that they can catch out cheaters so id say it will be done. This stage is where you can ask for an appeal and most if not all got it last time so dont worry about it too much!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

smiley963 wrote: »

It's not 'luck of the draw'. These tests are pretty well validated. Candidates are not just thrown a mix of easy/moderate/hard questions, it's set at a predetermined difficulty for the pot of questions that candidates can be asked.

That's great. Heres hoping!

Its 1791!

Its 1791!

As expected!

You'll be in the 4th Stage 2 intake as opposed to the 3rd intake so it's only 3 months in the difference really.

As expected!

You'll be in the 4th Stage 2 intake as opposed to the 3rd intake so it's only 3 months in the difference really.

How long do you think that will be?

How long do you think that will be?

Going by what the experienced people on here say, 600 people go in every 3 months and the first 600 is to be by the end of March.

By these figures it brings it to Jan 17' give or take for number 1800+

• Advertisement

Going by what the experienced people on here say, 600 people go in every 3 months and the first 600 is to be by the end of March.

By these figures it brings it to Jan 17' give or take for number 1800+

Thats a long wait

Thats a long wait

So I rang Familiarisation Material will be sent in the next couple of days. Also it looks like the 1791 or 1971 whatever the number is will be brought forward between March and April.

Let us know what is involved for stage 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Those like myself who are waiting should use the time productively,

upskill yourself,practice aptitudes,get more involved in community,get fitter,
    treat yourself to a holiday,etc etc

All in all try and improve your chances of going all the way when you get the call,

Thats what I ll be doing myself, see it as a positive :)

Thats a long wait

That's best case scenario realistically so tell yourself summer 2017 by the time you'd be doing stage two.

Wouldn't be in Templemore before 2018 in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Hopefully a government can be formed quickly as I don't think Garda recruitment will be on the agenda until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭AudiKid

carzony wrote: »
    Hopefully a government can be formed quickly as I don't think Garda recruitment will be on the agenda until then.

Well Fianna Fail say in their manifesto that they went Garda numbers to be at 14,000

Fine Gael want to recruit 600 a year until 2021 bringing the total to 14,000 also.

And, according to the Garda website, there are 12,816 Gardai at present.

Either way it seems to be good news that there will be constant recruitment for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Madgek85

Mine says up to 1971, so typing error on some forms, but nobody knows unless the ring and confirm which is correct!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

AudiKid wrote: »
    Well Fianna Fail say in their manifesto that they went Garda numbers to be at 14,000

Fine Gael want to recruit 600 a year until 2021 bringing the total to 14,000 also.

And, according to the Garda website, there are 12,816 Gardai at present.

Either way it seems to be good news that there will be constant recruitment for the foreseeable future.

It'd be nice if they could speed the process up for people though. Looking at most of the posts on here it seems to be taking an age to get anywhere in the process.

Madgek85 wrote: »
    Mine says up to 1971, so typing error on some forms, but nobody knows unless the ring and confirm which is correct!

It's 1791 I emailed them :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement