Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Recruitment Campaign - November 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Just tried to log in and won't let me :/ window ends tomorrow....have emailed them but god only knows when the will get back to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Found the Abstract Reasoning very tough. Timed out before I could finish a lot of the questions!

rocky911 wrote: »
    Just tried to log in and won't let me :/ window ends tomorrow....have emailed them but god only knows when the will get back to me.

Probably wont make a difference but have you closed all open tabs or tried accessing the test on a different internet browser? That's a nightmare scenario to be in, sorry mate. I really hope they get back to you in time to do the test. Tech support is from 8am, so it shouldn't take too long. All the best with it.

It won't let me edit post at the minute but was just going to say maybe empty cache/delete cookies as well. I'm not technical, so my advice could be sheeee-ite, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Elliot192 wrote: »
    It won't let me edit post at the minute but was just going to say maybe empty cache/delete cookies as well. I'm not technical, so my advice could be sheeee-ite, but it doesn't hurt to try.

sorted thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

Anyone find the last 3 abstract reasoning sequences ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE :( ??

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tdireddi

rocky911 wrote: »
    sorted thanks

Hello, Im having the same issue as yourself..do you mind me asking how you sorted it..? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

That test was fairly hard in comparison to the other tests, if I made it to stage 2, I do not fancy repeating them tests ! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Just did the tests

Found the verbal fair enough,,

Abstract tough in places but happy overall with how it went

roll on the results next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭VicMack

Just did the tests. Found them quite reasonable. Found the verbal tests much easier than last time and the timing set up really helps you to finish all the questions to maximise your marks. Abstract was straight-foward and overall I was happy with how the tests went. Good luck to all and at least we don't have long to wait for the results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Seratin

I did the tests last week and found the Verbal reasonable with the abstract offering more of a challenge. Honestly, if I scored 50% on the abstract I'd be happy.

Got an email yesterday telling me to complete the tests though. Did everyone get this or did it just not register me doing it?

Anyone know how long it should take for us to find out how we did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Did you enter using the correct details? They had sent out new usernames and passwords, maybe that is why? Found it ok, I was sweating by the end of the abstract. How are the results presented? Are we placed within a percentile or given our place in some sort of order of merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Horza

Seratin wrote: »
    I did the tests last week and found the Verbal reasonable with the abstract offering more of a challenge. Honestly, if I scored 50% on the abstract I'd be happy.

Got an email yesterday telling me to complete the tests though. Did everyone get this or did it just not register me doing it?

Anyone know how long it should take for us to find out how we did?

I got a similar message which was more of a reminder to all candidates referring to if I had not completed the tests and the deadline of Tuesday but I received this message after I had completed the verbal and abstract tests.

The results are suppose to be available by the end of this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Closing has been extended to 5pm today.

I say Saville Consulting are having a mare...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Closing has been extended to 5pm today.

What a joke .. if people weren't serious enough to do in the time frame given and with a week to do it then they shouldn't be applying!

CreamTim wrote: »
    What a joke .. if people weren't serious enough to do in the time frame given and with a week to do it then they shouldn't be applying!

Stall the diggger pal..There was the world of technical issues with logging in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

A week of technical issues :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Tdireddi

Thats utter bull****, Iv been having problems logging in all week. Called them today and the woman on the phone who was rather ignorant said you have to wait for an email (Was waiting all week for this email) ! Got the email at 11.00, so basically i rushed my exam..wasnt happy how i did at all, then at 12.15 i get an email saying it was extended, thanks for the heads up Saville Consulting...PR**KS!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

even though i have completed both tests and it says "completed" after both of them .. im still a bit worried since i got an email yesterday saying the deadline is tomorrow (today) .... does this mean i have to submit them or is it just complete them and log out of the test thingy? ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Found the Abstract Reasoning very tough. Timed out before I could finish a lot of the questions!

as did everyone haha ... just cos nobody else is admitting it doesnt mean youre the only one, youll be graaaaaaaand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

CreamTim wrote: »

it was to do with technical issues, nothing to do with people not being bothered to take the test so to be honest your comment is a joke,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Dr_Champion

Does anyone think they may have extended the window to do the test because they didnt get as many to do it as expected or that there was just to many people have trouble logging in etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Shanee.

They wouldn't extend it because enough people didn't do it that's a ridiculous suggestion. There was huge amounts of people who applied for it again this year I'm sure it was just down to the technical issues which have been spoken

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

Well, the end of next week hopefully people will know were they are at. Campaigns are so long. Wonder how things will progress next week.

smiley963 wrote: »
    Well, the end of next week hopefully people will know were they are at. Campaigns are so long. Wonder how things will progress next week.

How do you know that we get the results next week?

discus wrote: »
    How do you know that we get the results next week?

It stated it in the Familiarisation Material.

Tell you's all, for the amount of people that have applied for the guards. It's ridiculous the amount that haven't a clue about the campaign serious. The questions people are asking are stupid. Cope on and start reading. For anyone that doesn't no information that has been given to us says a lot about how much you want. People should start considering whether they really want it or not!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's some decent composure there, smiley. Nice to see you don't get rattled easily ;)

• Advertisement

Come on like, what do you expect nothing about been rattled the basic information been asked has been stated in the material booklet. :D

Come on like, what do you expect nothing about been rattled the basic information been asked has been stated in the material booklet. :D

What does it annoy u so much, just focus on ur own application...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Mark37

Folks, if we are all successful to stage 2, is it much the same or will their be different types of tests? I know we have report writing to do, is that part of stage 2 or Stage 3 interview? Found the tests hard to be honest, it was the time that got me the most...

Mark37 wrote: »
    Folks, if we are all successful to stage 2, is it much the same or will their be different types of tests? I know we have report writing to do, is that part of stage 2 or Stage 3 interview? Found the tests hard to be honest, it was the time that got me the most...

Hi Mark,
    Stage 2 similar tests. You have to me similar score. Report writing is on stage 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Stage 3 is the Competency based Interview, so I say report writing will be stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Horza wrote: »
    Verbal Reasoning was tough especially with the 2 mins they gave for testlet...

I agree it was really tough this time around. Was my best score last recruitment but I am worried I actually failed it this time. I wonder do they randomly pick 4 questions from a large set of questions developed for each passage? And if so is it possible that some people got tougher questions throughout because naturally some questions will be more difficult to answer than others? I really could not get my head around it and as I said it has always been my strength.I got something like 8200 out of 9000 at stage 2 last time.

• Advertisement

PMMG wrote: »
    I agree it was really tough this time around. Was my best score last recruitment but I am worried I actually failed it this time. I wonder do they randomly pick 4 questions from a large set of questions developed for each passage? And if so is it possible that some people got tougher questions throughout because naturally some questions will be more difficult to answer than others? I really could not get my head around it and as I said it has always been my strength.I got something like 8200 out of 9000 at stage 2 last time.

I think everything is up in the air with this campaign. The reason they do not give out information is so they can change it at touch of button. Qualifying grades change so they meet numbers. Tests change etc. hopefully the material is right in what it states and that results will be out next week. The reserve stream still have not yet received results and they will be going onto stage 3, interview report writing and scenarios. Etc.

I think everything is up in the air with this campaign. The reason they do not give out information is so they can change it at touch of button. Qualifying grades change so they meet numbers. Tests change etc. hopefully the material is right in what it states and that results will be out next week. The reserve stream still have not yet received results and they will be going onto stage 3, interview report writing and scenarios. Etc.

It should be more transparent. I don't think they really know how to manage such high applicant numbers but I guess they are doing the best they can with the resources, or lack thereof, available to them. Hopefully we will be put out of our misery sooner rather than later. I have looked through the handout but can't see the date they plan to publish the results anywhere, though I only scanned the document. Boards will be crazy next Friday! Hoping that I don't get my email till late in the day as last time around the theory was that if you got your email first thing you were out but if it came later in the day you were in 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭i-ron

PMMG wrote: »
    It should be more transparent. I don't think they really know how to manage such high applicant numbers but I guess they are doing the best they can with the resources, or lack thereof, available to them. Hopefully we will be put out of our misery sooner rather than later. I have looked through the handout but can't see the date they plan to publish the results anywhere, though I only scanned the document. Boards will be crazy next Friday! Hoping that I don't get my email till late in the day as last time around the theory was that if you got your email first thing you were out but if it came later in the day you were in 😂

At the end of page three of the familiarisation material it says results will be published to your messageboard by the end of Feb. Good luck.

i-ron wrote: »
    At the end of page three of the familiarisation material it says results will be published to your messageboard by the end of Feb. Good luck.

Ah missed that thanks. Best of luck to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nutcrackers

Hey guys and gals, quick one. I am not Irish, therefore I don't have an Irish Leaving cert. I have an European baccalaureate, which would be pretty much the equivalent. I have maths, French and English on it amongst other subjects. I also have an Irish Diploma form NCI. So my question is if anyone knows/is in my situation, do they take a baccalaureate as the equivalent of a leaving cert?
    Also if anyone is not Irish, do you need clearance letters form your own country and any other countries I have lived in, or do they do all the background checks themselves.
    I am hoping to pass onto stage 2 and would like to know if I need to start gathering extra documents as it can take a long time to get docs from around Europe.
    Best of luck to everyone going through this year's recruitment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hey guys and gals, quick one. I am not Irish, therefore I don't have an Irish Leaving cert. I have an European baccalaureate, which would be pretty much the equivalent. I have maths, French and English on it amongst other subjects. I also have an Irish Diploma form NCI. So my question is if anyone knows/is in my situation, do they take a baccalaureate as the equivalent of a leaving cert?
    Also if anyone is not Irish, do you need clearance letters form your own country and any other countries I have lived in, or do they do all the background checks themselves.
    I am hoping to pass onto stage 2 and would like to know if I need to start gathering extra documents as it can take a long time to get docs from around Europe.

Hi!

I d say give Garda HQ a ring and rattle off those q's to them,

they ll give you a correct answer :)

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Hi!

I d say give Garda HQ a ring and rattle off those q's to them,

they ll give you a correct answer :)

You'll be fine once you can you can convert your qualifications under the European Qualification frame work.. plenty of non-Irish in job.. Better of phoning PAS..the Garda HRM have made it fairly clear at recent testing sessions of how they are getting pissed off at people phoning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hailo1234q

Hi folks,
    Does anyone know roughly how many people are ‘queued’ have position on order of merit from 2013 campaign/IE those came through from Bands 2 and 3?
    I assume those people will be worked through and offered places for the rest of this year before those who have applied in recent weeks from the current campaign of general and reserve specific stream?
    Also, based on the material from publicjobs I assume those serving reserves who get through aptitudes/interviews/medicals etc will be placed on order of merit after those left from band 2/3 from 2013 campaign, but ahead of the general stream from the 2015 campaign?
    And just so I have it straight, the order of merit as I’ve seen it referred to is basically your place in the queue to get into Templemore, and this does not change?
    Am I right in thinking those successful in the current drive wouldn’t see Templemore until well into 2017?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hailo1234q

Hi folks,
    Does anyone know roughly how many people are ‘queued’, or have positions on the order of merit from 2013 campaign?
    I assume those people will be worked through and offered places for the rest of this year before those who have applied in recent weeks from the current campaign of general and reserve specific stream?
    Also, based on the material from publicjobs I assume those serving reserves who get through aptitudes/interviews/medicals etc will be placed on order of merit after those left from band 2/3 from 2013 campaign, but ahead of the general stream from the 2015 campaign?
    And just so I have it straight, the order of merit as I’ve seen it referred to is basically your place in the queue to get into Templemore, and this does not change? But if vetting say, came through for someone further down the 'list' they'd get the spot ahead of someone who ranked higher up.
    Am I right in thinking those successful in the current drive wouldn’t see Templemore until well into 2017?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Not just me that found the test a bit hard. Think I missed 1 question question completely and then guessed 2 as I was running out of time. Still think I did okay though. Good look to everyone waiting on the results anyway :)

I think I did extremely bad in the abstract reasoning, these apptitude tests are a nightmare.....

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nutcrackers

I hope they will release the results this week and not keep us in limbo over the weekend as well !

It states in handbook there due to be released. Hope they are too. It's been long process so far dragged too much.

I think they will be out before the end of this week. My guess would be Friday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I have a European Baccalaureate as well and for me, it's always been accepted as equivalent to the Leaving Cert by everyone from Irish universities to the Irish Defence Forces. You'll be grand with it.

As for background checks, when I was applying for the army, they did a background check themselves with the relevant cops of countries I'd lived in and I didn't need to do anything further.

• Advertisement
Advertisement