Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Recruitment Campaign - November 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 pinkcop

PMMG wrote: »
    I think they will be out before the end of this week. My guess would be Friday

I got an email from CS. It said results are due out "in the coming weeks"
    For the reserves it's this week. Devastated!

Hopefully they have it wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

pinkcop wrote: »
    I got an email from CS. It said results are due out "in the coming weeks"
    For the reserves it's this week. Devastated!

Hopefully they have it wrong

Devastating! Damn, I've had my tablet open on gmail all week, waiting for the email to come in.

discus wrote: »
    Devastating! Damn, I've had my tablet open on gmail all week, waiting for the email to come in.

I know hopefully it will be Friday. Reserves get priority I suppose, which is fair enough

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭smiley963

What is CS..... Also in the booket it states the end of February. I did not see anything about the coming weeks. Never mind CS (Career Services).
    I reckon all results will be this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Reserves got results on Friday and interviews starting the end of first week of March.

Thanks Rocky for shedding light on that. The qualifying grades for reserves were really high.

Verbal Qualifying score 3851

Inductive Reasoning 3829

Job Simulation 4000

smiley963 wrote: »
    What is CS..... Also in the booket it states the end of February. I did not see anything about the coming weeks. Never mind CS (Career Services).
    I reckon all results will be this week.

Here's hoping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Thanks Rocky for shedding light on that. The qualifying grades for reserves were really high.

Inductive Reasoning 3829

Job Simulation 4000

I thought they were low..but I know **** all about aptitudes..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Longstand14

pinkcop wrote: »
    Here's hoping

Spoke to Public Jobs today, they informed me that results are out at the end of this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Dr_Champion

Inductive Reasoning 3829

Job Simulation 4000

Is that out of 5000 in each or 8000? Its my first time doing the test so I dont know how scoring works.

Spoke to Public Jobs today, they informed me that results are out at the end of this week.

There's good communication. Thanks for that. Just hope qualifying scores not that high ha ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭PMMG

Is that out of 5000 in each or 8000? Its my first time doing the test so I dont know how scoring works.

Last time around it was out of 8000 or 9000 as far as I remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭Dr_Champion

Last time around it was out of 8000 or 9000 as far as I remember

Okay if its out of 8000 that's not that bad. Fingers crossed . cheers for the reply.

Okay if its out of 8000 that's not that bad. Fingers crossed . cheers for the reply.

I would say 8000 but unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Last time scoring was done out of 8000 at stage1. Qualifying standards were around 3830 for both apptitudes and 3695 for questionair. Stage 2 apptitudes at the time were marked out of 800 and qualifying standard for my group was 350 for each.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately the reality is, as I understand it, that they have x amount of people that they can forward to stage 2 and unlike last time around there is not going to be a second online test so the amount of people going through to stage 2 will be greatly reduced on the basis that they can only accommodate a certain amount of people at any given time in the test center since it is resource intensive. I for one am sh****** it :)

Same. Can't wait to just find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nutcrackers

Unfortunately the reality is, as I understand it, that they have x amount of people that they can forward to stage 2 and unlike last time around there is not going to be a second online test so the amount of people going through to stage 2 will be greatly reduced on the basis that they can only accommodate a certain amount of people at any given time in the test center since it is resource intensive. I for one am sh****** it :)
    What sort of second online test was there last time? Is this for general stream or reserves? I am bricking it as well, it is a very competitive recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

Well out of 2013 campaign if you take band 1 3100 or 3200 were brought to supervised stage in 600 blocks and 1200 from bands 2/3 went to supervised stage so that is 4400 brought to supervised tests over 2 years. They could pass the same ammount for this stage and bring them forward in small groups. Just hersay figures but if it is done similar to last time ye might have about 1 in 4 chance of getting to stage 2 with 17000 applicants.

thekopend wrote: »
    Well out of 2013 campaign if you take band 1 3100 or 3200 were brought to supervised stage in 600 blocks and 1200 from bands 2/3 went to supervised stage so that is 4400 brought to supervised tests over 2 years. They could pass the same ammount for this stage and bring them forward in small groups. Just hersay figures but if it is done similar to last time ye might have about 1 in 4 chance of getting to stage 2 with 17000 applicants.

Spot on. Now I am even more worried! Completely messed up verbal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Spot on. Now I am even more worried! Completely messed up verbal.

No panic PMMG,

wait and see how you got on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭stripmymind

Canyon86 wrote: »
    No panic PMMG,

wait and see how you got on :)

We all definitely finding out on Friday? .. (General stream) ...
    Don't be worrying atal lads ye have zero control over it now and least ye had the balls to do it considering the high failure rate. Best of luck to everybody.

Just of the phone. Possibility that the results will be out next week according to PAS. It still another week to go.

Just of the phone. Possibility that the results will be out next week according to PAS. It still another week to go.

They tend to overestimate how long it will take them to release results so I am hopeful that they will be out by Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JustCaff

Seems like an eternity waiting for these results :)
    Best of luck to everybody, will be interesting to see how it works out!

Keep in mind that end of february is technically next monday, so I'm holding out for an email on lunchtime monday. It really will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Keep in mind that end of february is technically next monday, so I'm holding out for an email on lunchtime monday. It really will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Yes I'm really interested too. There's lot going on with campaign hoping if successful that goes quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

The anxiety of waiting for emails at this stage. good luck to me waiting IF i get further haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Soby wrote: »
    The anxiety of waiting for emails at this stage. good luck to me waiting IF i get further haha

You get used to it after a while, this is my third campaign with Public Jobs. They are quite long drawn out processes, I would suggest that you have a plan B started in case it doesn't work out. IE don't hold off anything else that comes up ;)

TallGlass wrote: »
    You get used to it after a while, this is my third campaign with Public Jobs. They are quite long drawn out processes, I would suggest that you have a plan B started in case it doesn't work out. IE don't hold off anything else that comes up

Nice to see a familiar name :)

• Advertisement

Whats the average timeline between assessment/aptitude tests in stage 2 and fitness tests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Whats the average timeline between assessment/aptitude tests in stage 2 and fitness tests?

I'd say 4/6 months maybe even run it up to 8/9 months. All depends on clearance, date for interviews, places etc...

Will today be the day folks?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don't mind waiting actually because at least until I get the results I'm still in the running,

fin12 wrote: »
    I don't mind waiting actually because at least until I get the results I'm still in the running,

Hah I know what ya mean...but if I get knocked out, I want to know right away so I can move on and consider a plan B

Very possibly. I am sure everyone will be checking their emails every 5 seconds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Dublingarda

This is my second campaign and as far as I remember the email normally comes out by close of business on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eraj

O lord feeling Nervous, I have hope Will be there , did very well in first but fear for supervised one , that Its hard to perform same may be high or low but how could be same. Anyhow its intersting.

Currently I am software ENgg so does not amke any big difference but I want to join as its my dream job I am from India so it is big step for me, hoping to be there.

Gud Luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭azure

Very possibly. I am sure everyone will be checking their emails every 5 seconds :)
    No need to be checking. You will get a text first.
    Do they send out all the results at once or the people that have failed first?

• Advertisement

azure wrote: »
    No need to be checking. You will get a text first.
    Do they send out all the results at once or the people that have failed first?

The theory is that they send out fails first!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fitzytour

Was not nervous about results until now. If you do not get into the first band, it is basically a waiting game and some tough career decisions have to be made. Do I put current career progression on hold in case I get through various rounds in recruitment!! It gives me a headache thinking about it!

fitzytour wrote: »
    Was not nervous about results until now. If you do not get into the first band, it is basically a waiting game and some tough career decisions have to be made. Do I put current career progression on hold in case I get through various rounds in recruitment!! It gives me a headache thinking about it!

I also think that they take less people in from the lower bands. Last time around I noticed that a lot of those on band 1 were reporting (on boards) that they got through stage 3 but those in band 2 and 3 were generally reporting that they did not pass stage 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

I wouldn't put any career progressions on hold at all, even if we do get in it could take a long time-ya have to look after yourself and have a plan B just in case! New to this thread by the way, hi! Will be so nervous getting that text!

Cathyp wrote: »
    I wouldn't put any career progressions on hold at all, even if we do get in it could take a long time-ya have to look after yourself and have a plan B just in case! New to this thread by the way, hi! Will be so nervous getting that text!

Will we receive an email or text? It's always been email.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 fitzytour

Just judging by the recruitment process far, its an text to notify you that you have a new message in your publicjobs account. Also it would seem from old threads from the last recruitment campaign that the later you get an email, the better the news? ie. those who fail and those who are in the lower bands are notified first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

Will we receive an email or text? It's always been email.

We had an option to sign up for text alerts to let us know there's an email, save you checking your emails every ten minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RedmondHR

Best of luck to everyone !!

Cathyp wrote: »
    We had an option to sign up for text alerts to let us know there's an email, save you checking your emails every ten minutes!

I completely missed that. Will be checking my email every 10 mins so!!! looks like we will have to endure another day of torture :(

It feels like its a lottery to get in! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

Anyone know what kind of email you receive even if you fail ? are you told that your in the lower band or what?

Oh and best of luck to everyone :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement