Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk to forum buttons not working

Options
  • 22-10-2015 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭

I am having problems using the Talk to Forum using full website in Safari on iPad, none of the buttons are responding so I can't thank or reply to posts. Not sure when it started but used to use these forums no problem. No problems with these and other buttons in any of the non-Talk to forums

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Can you tell us if you're still experiencing this problem?

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Yes, still an issue. Had to use laptop over last few days to use the Talk to BOI forum

Actually just checked and the Post Reply and Follow thread buttons on the top of the pages seem to work, but the ones at the bottom of the page don't. The Thanks, multi-quote and reply buttons at the end of each post don't work.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi Poochie05, we've tried here but cannot reproduce the issue that you are having - reply and multi-quote are working in Safari for us. Is this still happening for you?

Hi Niamh
    Yes still happening, reply, multi-quote and thanks buttons in posts not working. They don't respond in any way, it's as if there's nothing to click, they are just images on the page.
    While I was checking, I was able to click on the 1 thanks link at the bottom of a post to see who thanked it, but un-thank button doesn't work...
    Also the post reply button at the bottom of each page doesn't work, while the post reply button at the top works!
    Mystery....

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?
    If you can see the buttons but not click it may just look the same as normal here but we'll take a look first :)

Hi Niamh, is I did some further tests and it seems to work in some threads and not others! Specifically this problem was happening in the Talk to BOI forum and I couldn't thank or reply to a BOI rep by clicking on the buttons at the bottom of the post (screenshot attached). Note I thanked it on laptop.

But when I checked another thread in the same forum just now, I could thank a post no problem

However, I tried to thank and reply to a post in a Stickie and couldn't. I'm wondering if the problem has finished and the buttons are now working in newer threads/posts but hasn't been fixed in older ones.

I can't seem to post multiple screenshots in one go :o so will post in 2 more posts...

Screenshot number 2.

A post from today in BOI forum and all buttons are working for me!

And an older post in a Stickie where buttons didn't work.

As I said, It seems to be now working for newer posts, so it is no longer an issue for me as I moved my interaction with the BOI reps to the laptop and my query with them is resolved.

So if you want to close this thread I'm happy enough and I'll open a new one if I find the problem crops up again. Thanks.

Scrap the newer posts theory, found same issues in a post from today in the Sky Forum...

• Advertisement

As requested, I checked and am still having this issue.
    For example I am unable to Thank or reply to the post in the first sticky in Bank of Ireland forum, relating to changes to mobile app. Also the post reply and follow thread buttons underneath the post are not working.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement