Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having to Log In on Multiple Devices

Options
  • 22-10-2015 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hi.

Is there a known issue with logging in on more than 1 device at the moment?

I used to be logged in on my work computer, home computer and mobile phone, all at the same time.

Now, if I access one device, I have to log in. Switch to my phone, have to log in again. Same with home PC.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no such limitation. Far more likely that the login is expiring around the same time on each device, since it only lasts for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Spear wrote: »
    There's no such limitation. Far more likely that the login is expiring around the same time on each device, since it only lasts for two weeks.

It's a daily accordance for me unfortunately. If I'm on my phone now, I'll have to log in on the computer later.

Only happening since this week

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Can you tell us if you're still experiencing this problem?

-Shield.

Shield wrote: »
    Can you tell us if you're still experiencing this problem?

-Shield.

Hi Shield.

I am surely.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Have you had to reset your password to log in any of these times? Also do you always select 'Stay logged in' when logging in?

• Advertisement

Have you had to reset your password to log in any of these times? Also do you always select 'Stay logged in' when logging in?

Hi Niamh.

No, never had to reset my password. And I always select stay logged in.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Boards.ie: Andres

Hi gerrybadd,

We use cookies for keeping track of whether a user is logged in, so there shouldn't be any interference with you using multiple devices. Are you by any chance resetting your cookies ?
    Also an incorrect date/time in your devices could mess with the validity of the session.

Hi gerrybadd,

We use cookies for keeping track of whether a user is logged in, so there shouldn't be any interference with you using multiple devices. Are you by any chance resetting your cookies ?
    Also an incorrect date/time in your devices could mess with the validity of the session.

Hi.

Didnt reset cookies at any stage. Date / time arent an issue either.

Thanks for all the help thus far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement