Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoying Gym Behaviour - Mk2(?)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Annoys me when auld lads are there shaving in front of the mirror in the toilets. Shave at home you ass.

Are they shaving their face or their heads? Seen both, shaving the face I have no problem with but the shaving their heads, why do that in the gym?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Annoys me when auld lads are there shaving in front of the mirror in the toilets. Shave at home you ass.

If ya shave immediately after sauna it’s so easy compared to shaving at home . I have no problem and I do it a lot . But what really gets me is the people that do it and don’t wash sink after them . And u would be suprised at how many do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

People leaving their soap, or shower gel etc behind in the showers.

You brought it in? Take it the F out with you you monderous bell.

If you mean empty bottles/rubbish then yes, absolutely. These are the same people who probably never throw out the empty toilet roll tubes in their bathroom at home, waiting for somebody else to do it, and slowly building a cardboard monument to their untidyness :mad:

Women seem to have a habit of leaving used facial wipes in their empty locker after them too :mad:

I'd say they do the same everywhere though - cafes, cinema wherever, so we can't blame the gym folk exclusively for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

spurshero wrote: »
    If ya shave immediately after sauna it’s so easy compared to shaving at home . I have no problem and I do it a lot . But what really gets me is the people that do it and don’t wash sink after them . And u would be suprised at how many do that

Wouldn't be surprised at all. There's a few ignorant twats at my local gym that can't be bothered to flush the toilet after themselves and some that get out of the shower and don't bother their arse to turn off the taps.

You wonder how these people were raised when even the most basic and effortless elements of societal living seem beyond their grasp.

Wouldn't be surprised at all. There's a few ignorant twats at my local gym that can't be bothered to flush the toilet after themselves and some that get out of the shower and don't bother their arse to turn off the taps.

You wonder how these people were raised when even the most basic and effortless elements of societal living seem beyond their grasp.

Bet they don't carry on like that at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Floppybits wrote: »
    Bet they don't carry on like that at home.

Mommy wouldn't let them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

normally I don't give a sh1t what people wear in the gym, but I'm about to make an exception!!

some dude in my gym wearing bright red baggy joggers, and an oversized red NFL jersey style top (also red) with red hoodie and cap...wore it on Monday, Tuesday and Today! If you're going to wear a memorable outfit like that you need to have a couple of the same items to rotate in and out, cos otherwise everyone in the gym is about to know that it's you who stinks and doesn't wash your gear!!

hon. mention to his bro who was grunting like a pig, on EVERY SINGLE REP OF EVERY SINGLE SET. Had I head the noises out of context I'd have thought he was about to blow a load!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

hon. mention to his bro who was grunting like a pig, on EVERY SINGLE REP OF EVERY SINGLE SET. Had I head the noises out of context I'd have thought he was about to blow a load!

You’d see the odd person in my gym making louder than normal grunts on heavy lifts. Fair enough. I remember one lad from my time in New Zealand being so loud he was asked to leave and never come back. He was such a distraction to the rest of the gym. Literally roaring as loud as he possibly could and shifting a massive 80kg on the bench press.... I don’t think that would happen in many places. It was more funny than annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I never minded so much when people would leave there bags in open lockers. A mild annoyance but whatever I've done it myself once or twice when I didn't have a lock. However yesterday I opened a bunch of lockers with just one thing in them. A jumper, a pair of shoes, a pair of trousers. It's as if someone stripped off and put one item in each locker. Bizarre. And annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Blacktie. wrote: »
    I never minded so much when people would leave there bags in open lockers. A mild annoyance but whatever I've done it myself once or twice when I didn't have a lock. However yesterday I opened a bunch of lockers with just one thing in them. A jumper, a pair of shoes, a pair of trousers. It's as if someone stripped off and put one item in each locker. Bizarre. And annoying.
    Maybe somebody found some unlocked gear and dispersed it throughout a dozen lockers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Why do people wear baseball caps in a gym?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

why do people where baseball caps outside a gym

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Some lad in y gym constantly wearing a yellow golds gym stringer and wooly hat!
    Every day mon-fri feckin rank and weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Eoinbmw wrote: »

On the rank behaviour of same gym clothes day in, day out.. there's a rancid couple in carlisle who both wear the same gym gear 5 days a week. He has the same GAA jersey and shorts on, but she's been a member for at least 3 years, and I've literally never seen her in anything but the same shorts and t shirt.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Eoinbmw wrote: »

Reminds me - I’m not sure what they’re called but the fully insulated wooly hats with bobble that wrap around your ears and tie underneath your chin, the type of thing you’d see in rural Canada/American mid-west in winter etc. - guy wearing one of those in my gym this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Reminds me - I’m not sure what they’re called but the fully insulated wooly hats with bobble that wrap around your ears and tie underneath your chin, the type of thing you’d see in rural Canada/American mid-west in winter etc. - guy wearing one of those in my gym this morning.
    You would have to wonder are they reading this forum and want to get a mention!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

This talk about clothes reminds me that I bought a bunch of t-shirts in Penneys, all same colours (black and dark navy), which I wear in the gym.
    I use a different one every day, but to others it may look the same tshirt.....

Please don't call me a stinker :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Keeps my hair off my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pussyhands wrote:

So it can be put in a changing room locker of its own, without a lock. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dave699

An awfully lot of people lately smelling bad..i know we sweat when you go but no need for such bad smells

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I was really happy with my new gym, until last night. Not one, but 2 guys wearing baseball hats. The horror.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Brian? wrote: »
    I was really happy with my new gym, until last night. Not one, but 2 guys wearing baseball hats. The horror.

Ooh you poor thing :(

Only one course of action. Hand in your membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭PistolsAtDawn

paw patrol wrote: »
    it takes one to know one....as the saying goes.

Ouch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Chap doing a full bodyweight circuit earlier, box squats, bench dips, the works

in the steam room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Brian? wrote: »

There’s probably a perfectly reasonable explanation for this. Maybe they were going to a baseball game after the gym?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

JayRoc wrote: »
    Chap doing a full bodyweight circuit earlier, box squats, bench dips, the works

in the steam room

Trying to make championship weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I wore a baseball in the gym over Christmas. I had gotten 12 stitches in my head and was trying to avoid conversations about how it happened , hope I didn’t annoy anyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Shadow boxing on the treadmill

I wore a baseball in the gym over Christmas. I had gotten 12 stitches in my head and was trying to avoid conversations about how it happened , hope I didn’t annoy anyone

Would a baseball hat not have been less conspicuous? :pac:;)

• Advertisement

snotboogie wrote: »
    Shadow boxing on the treadmill

Which reminds me - and I blame Conor McGregor for this - there's a hanging punch bag in my gym which is largely left alone. Every few days though some young lad (usually) will attempt to do flying roundhouse kicks to it or attack it with a flurry of punches. It's almost always amusing when they realise that it's a lot heavier than they expected and retreat slowly. Sometime you even get accompanying sound effects.

I got 12 stitches in my head because I wore a baseball cap to the gym over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Which reminds me - and I blame Conor McGregor for this - there's a hanging punch bag in my gym which is largely left alone. Every few days though some young lad (usually) will attempt to do flying roundhouse kicks to it or attack it with a flurry of punches. It's almost always amusing when they realise that it's a lot heavier than they expected and retreat slowly. Sometime you even get accompanying sound effects.

This sounds like the opposite of annoying. Daily entertainment.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    This sounds like the opposite of annoying. Daily entertainment.

It was funny the first few times in fairness I gues but it’s long worn thin at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Ush1 wrote: »
    As a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball.

Cap yourself on.

• Advertisement

It was day out for the morons yesterday

Saw this guy loading up a bar with plates then he picked it up from the bench and walked away to another one near a mirror. I could see he was having trouble handling weight of the bar. The problem is that he moved over other benches that were being used, and the way he was walking, he could have lost balance and hit or let the bar fall over someone. More risky than annoying behaviour.

And as I was leaving the locker room saw this one walking away without washing his hands after taking a piss.... the dirty fúcker :eek:

Jumping Jack Gash was back in today! I'd forgotten about her TBH, but there she was doing her little effort as possible jumping jacks again in front of the dumb bell racks partially blocking off access to it whilst she had managed to put her phone, water bottle and towel on 3 separate benches blocking off access to those too....all the while ignoring the incredibly large window ledge behind her where most "normal" people leave their stuff.

I didn't get a big hi or a Happy New Year or anything. :rolleyes::D#gutted

Barna77 wrote: »
    It was day out for the morons yesterday

Saw this guy loading up a bar with plates then he picked it up from the bench and walked away to another one near a mirror. I could see he was having trouble handling weight of the bar. The problem is that he moved over other benches that were being used, and the way he was walking, he could have lost balance and hit or let the bar fall over someone. More risky than annoying behaviour.

And as I was leaving the locker room saw this one walking away without washing his hands after taking a piss.... the dirty fúcker :eek:

I actually think less people wash their hands than ever now, something I've noticed in the bathrooms in pubs, restaurants, anywhere public basically with bathrooms. Not only do I wash my hands, I won't touch the door or door handle of said public loo on my exit. I'm almost vomiting even thinking of this subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I actually think less people wash their hands than ever now, something I've noticed in the bathrooms in pubs, restaurants, anywhere public basically with bathrooms. Not only do I wash my hands, I won't touch the door or door handle of said public loo on my exit. I'm almost vomiting even thinking of this subject.

How do you open the door then? Most doors have a handle, are spring loaded and only pull inwards

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    How do you open the door then? Most doors have a handle, are spring loaded and only pull inwards

I take a paper wipe or some tissue paper and use that to keep my hand from touching the handle. That or if someone is coming in I'll leave as the door is still open.

It's not rocket science!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I take a paper wipe or some tissue paper and use that to keep my hand from touching the handle. That or if someone is coming in I'll leave as the door is still open.

It's not rocket science!

It’s not rocket science, yes. It’s something else

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

People on like 15 degree inclines on treadmills hanging on for dear life. They're only cheating themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

People on like 15 degree inclines on treadmills hanging on for dear life. They're only cheating themselves.

I'm quite happy to cheat myself... Its all good, Its all good.... :(:(:(

You spying on me?

At least I wasn't reading a book while on the threadmill. :)

I feel watched now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

givyjoe wrote: »
    On the rank behaviour of same gym clothes day in, day out.. there's a rancid couple in carlisle who both wear the same gym gear 5 days a week. He has the same GAA jersey and shorts on, but she's been a member for at least 3 years, and I've literally never seen her in anything but the same shorts and t shirt.:eek:

There's a particular smell from GAA jerseys that lingers in the material.
    It's absolutely rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I too have noticed this phenomenon. Seems like most young lads stand at the urinal with johnny-trouser-snake in one hand while reading their phone with the other, or maybe they're live-streaming - so to speak.

Anyway, invariably they'll just walk out without washing their hands - it's disgusting.

Also, I absolutely hate the 'I'm going to wear my O'Neills GAA shorts instead of a pair of swimming trunks into the pool/steam room' crowd. I don't want to be seeing the dark shadow of pubes and your translucent cock outline when I'm trying to relax.

Wearing a pair of swimming trunks will not turn you gay if that's what you're worried about and we can all see you're a mad-bastard GAA head so no need to worry on that score.

I'm sure this one has been brought up before but what is people's problem with not drying off in the wet area instead of the benches/lockers.

Sick to death of men traipsing back from the pool area with water p1ss1ng off them , dripping out of their shorts and leaving the changing room floor looking like a pregnant ladies water just broke.

Sure who doesn't appreciate hopping around pools of water while getting changed or working out while wearing wet socks. Awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'm sure this one has been brought up before but what is people's problem with not drying off in the wet area instead of the benches/lockers.

Sick to death of men traipsing back from the pool area with water p1ss1ng off them , dripping out of their shorts and leaving the changing room floor looking like a pregnant ladies water just broke.

Sure who doesn't appreciate hopping around pools of water while getting changed or working out while wearing wet socks. Awesome.

Showering in their shorts?

Showering in their shorts?

Swimming in to pool/ relaxing in Jacuzzi

But quite a few shower in their shorts too now that you mention it. That's a whole different thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement