Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powercut

Options
  • 22-10-2015 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi. The seems to have been a powercut in charlesland this morning but i had to go out before it came back on. Can anyone confirm if the power came back?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 er_akhil

Its back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

er_akhil wrote: »
    Its back now.

Great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Is anybody having issues with upc broadband since the power cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

BillBen wrote: »
    Is anybody having issues with upc broadband since the power cut.

That sounds ominous - I'm on UPC too, but won't be home until much later to verify my service. I have noticed that my broadband is unstable since just before the recent Virgin Media announcement (wifi cuts in and out, D/L speeds are constantly up and down).
    Hopefully whatever issues might have resulted from the power outage will have been fixed by this evening, or fixable with a simple reset of the UPC router or Horizon box?? Else I'd suggest ringing up UPC directly to see if they're aware of any faults with the local connection points related to this morning's power outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

I was onto UPC about 10.30 am this morning, they confirmed a fault in the area, probably due to power cut.

My broadband working fine since about 1.30ish, I'm in the c'land Woods if that's any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

After 20 mins on the phone with a girl who kept telling me my internet was working fine and me getting that frustrated that I hung up I get a text saying that there is a fault in the area😡

• Registered Users Posts: 46 burnaby

This post was originally about a powercut, not UPC.

Does anyone know why we experience power cuts so frequently?

Is there some weakness or lack of capacity in the distribution network in Greystones?

Is this a consequence of rapid growth in the population of Greystones in the last two decades.

Do we need to worry?

Sorry to ask so many questions - I wish I could answer them occasionally.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

People still have poor broadband in Charlesland?

Advertisement