Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bedroom prints

• 22-10-2015 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    Just a quick question looking for recommendations where I could pic up some cool prints or Photos for the wall of the bedroom .
    Not sure if this is the right place to be asking but im guessing the Gentlemen can help .
    Obviously not tacky one's or childish one's . im a single man in his 30's
    Any website or store's that do cool prints /photo's that would look good,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Have you tried Zoo, Maxim or Loaded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

HAHA no as that would be exactly what id call tacky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Last I checked you could buy classic movie posters from the shop at the IFI, would that be the type of thing you're after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

You don't want to come across as being too arty. Try something like this...

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-24%20at%2010.27.26%20PM.png

It's cheap and it's a point for conversations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Etsy?

• Advertisement

Homestore and More and Dunnes both carry framed prints and canvases of landscapes (I think both stores have a range of dublin-based photos).

Ikea do a few, too. Ikea do canvas ones for €100 that are about 8 x 8 foot i think (take up a whole wall, effectively). Was gonna get something like this myself, before, but never did actually get one. Still toying with the idea though.

Alternatively, grab a camera, and go out and get yer own photos for the wall :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

www.allposters.ie have some nice ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

smash wrote: »
    You don't want to come across as being too arty. Try something like this...

It's cheap and it's a point for conversations.

Very serial killer chic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

minted.com sell a lot of art prints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I say this about everything really but you can pick up some good stuff in tk maxx...an absolute lottery, granted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Very serial killer chic.

Or any detective from a cop show in last 30 years. It a nice way to show any potential partner that you have severe OCD

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭privateBeavis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Have a look at the art section on Aliexpress, every famous piece you can think of plus a million others handpainted and framed for the price of a meal, delivery will be a few weeks only drawback, also check the reviews on each vendor as quality can vary wildly:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Landscape-Oil-Painting/810769_212309608.html?PPValue=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Primer Magazine have a series of free art downloadables. These ones of vintage patent drawings are super cool. You download them and get them printed up on canvas yourself. Groupon or Living Social often have special offers on canvas or big print printing, keep an eye out and you could get something very unusual for little to no money.

I'd personally steer clear of the likes of IKEA for art, it's overpriced for what it is and every second person has it.

Also check out Etsy, you get loads of artists doing new interpretations of movie posters etc.

Back to the Future
    Die Hard
    Whiplash
    Very cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Just in case someone thinks this is a joke, it is actually a genuine site with a sort-of inappropriate name.
    The Rasterbator enlarges images to multiple pages. Print and combine them into huge posters.

Basically you upload a photo/picture and it will break it up into several pages which you download as a pdf. Print out the pages and stick them to a wall for your own homemade poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

http://wordbird.ie

They do some great prints, really varied from sports to film to music to county mannerisms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Picked up a few prints based on the above recommendations, where's the best place to pick up some cheap A4 frames. Ideally - Bricks and mortar in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Tbh IKEA is the best place for frames. They have a line of cheap frames that are cardboard and plastic coated. They are really light and cheap. They won't last forever but will do you for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Visit an art gallery and see what they have in the shop.
    There was a Modigliani in the news recently you may like a print
    Or go to an exhibition, maybe get something original or a print from the artist.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

Hey folks
    Just a quick question looking for recommendations where I could pic up some cool prints or Photos for the wall of the bedroom .
    Not sure if this is the right place to be asking but im guessing the Gentlemen can help .
    Obviously not tacky one's or childish one's . im a single man in his 30's
    Any website or store's that do cool prints /photo's that would look good,

Well i cant speak for everyone but I say - its your wall, your house you put up what you want to put up.

But then in my bedroom I have a 5 foot by 4 foot framed Transformers (the origonal one) picture. I have two more just need to get round to mounting them lol. Most of the pictures in my house consist of comics that are either signed by various voice actors or limited edition prints.

Strangely enough I love alone and im single lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Picked up a few prints based on the above recommendations, where's the best place to pick up some cheap A4 frames. Ideally - Bricks and mortar in Dublin.

Tesco do A4 frames in black, white and dark brown for a fiver

Advertisement