Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daisy chain power cable

Options
  • 22-10-2015 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Slowly finishing my build, and one of the endless annoyances I've always faced is cable management.

Good news, I have a nice case, which provides reasonable room behind the motherboard for most of the cables.

Sadly, I've added a few extra hard drives recently, and the cables are now a bit cramped.

I'd love to find one of these for sale.
    CP06-34View.jpg

Any suggestions on where I could find one?

I'd love to find one in a store, to prevent having to pay for postage, but if it's only available online, i guess that's ok too. As long as the price is reasonable, but the product reliable too.

I'll be connecting 4 3.5" 2tb drives to it.

Also have 2 SSD's in the case, but they will be connected separately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Anything that looks a little nicer? :)

I'm trying to reduce the cheap look of my computer by removing standard cables etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

That Silverstone cable you posted does look tidy but the StarTech one is not bad either at Approx a third of the price

413ErN49%2BDL.jpg

Link:

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

They're 10cm apart :/ that's going to leave a nice bit of extra cable around.

I'd love something much shorter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

Your original Silverstone cable is available on Amazon UK here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Tenshot wrote: »
    Your original Silverstone cable is available on Amazon UK here

or here cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

They're 10cm apart :/ that's going to leave a nice bit of extra cable around.

I'd love something much shorter.

How about making your current cables shorter yourself ?

I bought some SATA connectors ages ago , and modified my psu cables .

I went from this -

366499.JPG

To this -

366500.JPG

366504.JPG

I bought the connectors here -
    http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/SATA.html , although the connectors can probable be removed and repositioned from the cables that came with my latest psu easily enough .

Sigh.... you convinced me!

Now I want to sleeve my own cables too!

Curse you Ninja_12

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Sigh.... you convinced me!

Now I want to sleeve my own cables too!

Curse you Ninja_12

Glad I could help :D

I actually have two of the Startech cables linked by Gadgetman496 in a drawer , unopened and unused .

I found it tidier to modify the cables myself , and the connectors I linked to work perfectly on my Corsair power supplies ( standard plastic coating , unsleeved cables )

EDIT -
    If you have a Corsair PSU , the SATA connectors should be easy to remove and re-use .

( Don't blame me of your pc goes bang :eek: )

• Advertisement

I have a corsair cx750, but it suffers from coil whine.
    Might pick up a modular PSU instead.

But i've also been considering a new case, which will rule out my cable issues without having to modify them!

Been looking at this all morning, and have it in my amazon basket while looking at my bank account thinking....

Advertisement