Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb Heart

• 22-10-2015 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

So I just got some lamb hearts(6). Looking for some of boards to give me a few ideas on how to cook them. I have two of ear marked to be stuffed and roasted just waiting on my mother to send me on the receiepe.

What do I do with the other four?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,610 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Slice thinly and get a bbq or a griddle pan really really hot, to a point you can hear it shiver with the heat, and flash them on that and then season and serve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Anyone know a good sub for sausage meat? Can't get it anywhere, and its in the mammys receipe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Buy sausages and squeeze the meat part out of the skin. That's what I do outside of Christmas season when there's rarely sausage meat in the shops

Buy sausages and squeeze the meat part out of the skin. That's what I do outside of Christmas season when there's rarely sausage meat in the shops

Was hoping not to do this, as it has all the husk and stuff in it, were sausage meat doesn't I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

It's the exact same stuff

sausage meat

sausages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I normally just eat them stuffed and slow roasted, never used sausage meat in my stuffing though as the fat from the heart itself makes the stuffing very meaty tasting anyway.
    You could try slicing thinly, cleaning out the scraggy bits and excess fat from the outside, then marinating in soy/garlic/chilli etc. I did it before with beef heart and a quick flash fry for about a min or two max will keep it tender.

Make sure you snip the tubes clean round the top before stuffing too, they are chewy and not very visually appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I've stuffed them with breadcrumbs and mint, which was very nice.

kylith wrote: »
    I've stuffed them with breadcrumbs and mint, which was very nice.

Was is not very dry?

But i'd love to see you recipe...I have 6 hearts so gonna try two different recepes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Was is not very dry?

But i'd love to see you recipe...I have 6 hearts so gonna try two different recepes

A load of butter helped! I don't have a recipe, sorry. I just mixed a bunch of stuff together and crammed it in

Advertisement