Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimbledon Half Marathon 22 Nov 2015

Options
  • 22-10-2015 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭

Has anyone done this before? Happen to be in London that weekend so have signed on for this for the craic.

Looks like a nice course. Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

I did a Wimbledon half marathon in July of this year but not sure if it's the same one actually - the one i did was entirely within Wimbledon common yet looking at the map of this one on the 22nd it seems to go into residential areas as well as around the common. Plus the two races are organised by different companies - as an aside though i did the Putney & Fulham half organised by the same company as the race you are doing last year, and that was a well organised event from memory.

The common is nice to run around, the half i did had a few sharp hills but nothing too tough. If you are staying centrally give yourself plenty of time to get to the start, it's a bit of a trek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I did a Wimbledon half marathon in July of this year but not sure if it's the same one actually - the one i did was entirely within Wimbledon common yet looking at the map of this one on the 22nd it seems to go into residential areas as well as around the common. Plus the two races are organised by different companies - as an aside though i did the Putney & Fulham half organised by the same company as the race you are doing last year, and that was a well organised event from memory.

The common is nice to run around, the half i did had a few sharp hills but nothing too tough. If you are staying centrally give yourself plenty of time to get to the start, it's a bit of a trek

Great mind at ease so regarding organisation etc. It seemed very professional when I was registering so hopefully you will be right regarding this one.

I may as well be staying in Sydney where my accommodation is. Early start for the journey over to it. Looking forward to a half outside of Ireland

Advertisement