Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding appliances to night rate meter

Options
  • 22-10-2015 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

I have one storage heater which is supplied by a separate night rate only meter. If I decide to connect more storage heaters and transfer the immersion heater to the night rate circuit, can this work be done by any electrician or do I have to contact ESB Networks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi MHP,

Thank you for your message.

The immersion could not be run off the night storage heater meter as this can only be used for night storage heaters. The other option would be to install a dual tariff meter instead of having two seperate meters. This would need to be done by your supplier. This would mean that everything that you use during the night hours would be charged at the lower rate but your standing charge and your day hours rate would be higher. If you want to send us a private message, we can check your current price plan and advise you accordingly.

Any internal rewiring would usually need to be done by a registered electrical contractor, who will be able to advise you if any additional work needs to be carried out by ESB Networks. It may be best to contact ESB Networks directly, they may be able to give you further information. You can find their contact details here.

I hope this helps. Please ask if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife 

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭MHP

Thanks Aoife.

Advertisement