Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Rubin Kazan - Europa League, 8pm, BT Sport

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Think you're on your own here

You think Skrtel deserved a yellow after the Rubin attacker took a dive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Think you're on your own here

He's well used to it at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

You think Skrtel deserved a yellow after the Rubin attacker took a dive?

I'd give an answer but it'll probably just result in more questions, I'm actually not arsed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't think it was worthy of a yellow, that's all.
    Add your reply here.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Add the fact that Skrtel was booked for the same type of foul minutes before and nobody questioned it.

Also a ridiculous decision.
    The only ridiculous decisions were made by the players.

Also, when on a yellow early in a game you should never give the ref any moment where he has to make a decision.

I'd give an answer but it'll probably just result in more questions, I'm actually not arsed.

Well if you're going to make a statement I'd expect you to back it up, obviously you can't do so, so just continue on.

Fine performance so far, nothing special but we're still very early into a new managerial career. We're also missing a lot of key players. Coutinho hasn't been great but we know what he's capable of, he needs to find a place in the system that works for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I don't think it was worthy of a yellow, that's all.

...if you block a player without even trying to play the ball, it's a yellow. Like, every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

All in all an awful first half. Granted it won't happen for us overnight.

Going to take us a while to adapt to his style and during that we will learn a lot about who won't cut it under Klopp.

Need to be patient in the mean time.

Well if you're going to make a statement I'd expect you to back it up, obviously you can't do so, so just continue on.

Honestly, I count give a fcuk what you expect of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Is a Chardee MacDennis playing for Rubin?

Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Going to take us a while to adapt to his style and during that we will learn a lot about who won't cut it under Klopp.

Yeah, wouldn't worry about it. W always gonna be a case of starting to get points on the board, while building on the new approach. Come the new year we'll probably be getting a better idea of the finished product. Just need to keep getting points and results any way we can until then.

Good boy. Can we get back to the match now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

An air of utter futility to most of our attacking play - some pretty stuff from Lallana but that front 4 doesn't do much.

Lucky that their full back was a knob because otherwise there was only Benteke or Firmino between us and getting nothing from this game.

They're doing their best for it being half our B team and there's some good interplay in isolated parts of the pitch but its clear that we're short a goal threat or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

origi is offering very little up front. If they're going to give us the wings which it seems then we need a forward to at least keep their defenders guessing. His first touch leaves a lot to be desired too.

Get benteke on there even with him in the second half. I'd assume with them going to 10 we should dominate possession. I'd have allen off there for benteke. I'd have allen off soon enough anyway the only ball they should be will be counter ball and he's already booked. Lethal combo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Must we have a rolling battle across every thread.

Hoping to see Firmino and Benteke in the second half

• Advertisement

Iang87 wrote: »
    origi is offering very little up front. If they're going to give us the wings which it seems then we need a forward to at least keep their defenders guessing. His first touch leaves a lot to be desired too.

Get benteke on there even with him in the second half. I'd assume with them going to 10 we should dominate possession. I'd have allen off there for benteke. I'd have allen off soon enough anyway the only ball they should be will be counter ball and he's already booked. Lethal combo

I actually think Origi is doing very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Good boy. Can we get back to the match now?
    You really love to make people rile to you and go off topic and then tell people to stick to the matter.

Maybe you should practice what you preach.

murpho999 wrote: »
    You really love to make people rile to you and go off topic and then tell people to stick to the matter.

Maybe you should practice what you preach.

I was talking about incidents in the game, did you ignore that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

2 definite yellow cards. Sending off isn't even debatable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Because Klopp has a proven track record unlike Rodgers I believe he'll get patience from the fans. Right now of course i'd like to see results and to be in contention for 4th come April and May but mostly I'm looking for Klopp to impose his style upon the team and play without the fear they have played with last season.

If Klopp can make Allen, Skrtel, Lovren and Lallana into top 4 players by the end of the season he'll have worked a minor miracle right there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Origi has loads to learn. And I'm fully confident he'll learn everything he needs to, the more he plays. A great talent.

Seriously, there has been one common denominator to every dispute in the Liverpool threads for a while now.

Wouldn't mind seeing Benteke on soon, if he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to play for half a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Do you think so. I just find no passes sticking to him and very static around the box. When he gets to ball into feet with his back to goal he looked ok

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

At least we have the extra man now...will make a difference when they have to track us for another 45 minutes.

Seriously, there has been one common denominator to every dispute in the Liverpool threads for a while now.

Wouldn't mind seeing Benteke on soon, if he's fit enough for the bench he's fit enough to play for half a game.

I'm surprised people still even see his posts, the only reason most of us see them is because they're always bloody quoted.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Mirror this comment. Holds up the play really well for a kid looks strong.
    Decent half from him.

RIP Joe Allen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Lucas on for Allen.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Klopp not impressed with Allen so far it seems with the sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Allen off, Lucas on. Sensible from Klopp - Allen was never going to be effective while on a yellow, and could well have got sent off at some point.

• Advertisement

Owen Hargreaves always sounds slightly drunk when he talks, but not so drunk he couldn't make it into work. Odd.

Might stop watching matches on BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

History would suggest Allen is injured

Have never seen as poor a £27m player as Lallana .

Is tragic how we pissed the suarez money away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Andrew Carroll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Lallana didn't even look up.

Lallana :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Lallana is a decent player. Not his fault we paid twice his true value.

None of the current players have a song which to be honest doesn't help with the atmosphere either as the fans have less songs to recycle when the on pitch stuff isn't inspiring.

Kolo, Firmino, and Benteke off to the jacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Firmino. Two one.

Only Lallana could beat a player and go backwards.

I'm actually forgetting they've only got 10 men

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

5starpool wrote: »
    None of the current players have a song which to be honest doesn't help with the atmosphere either as the fans have less songs to recycle when the on pitch stuff isn't inspiring.

Sturridge has a song. It's not the best.

The rest of them need to earn a song.

This is like *that* Chelsea game, without Gerrard shooting from everywhere.

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm surprised people still even see his posts, the only reason most of us see them is because they're always bloody quoted.

Strange, you 2 would rather talk about a poster than discuss the match. How quaint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Some atmosphere.

I think I heard someone opening a bag of ChipSticks in the Kop.

Did Milner always look this knackered playing for City? Have been utterly underwhelmed by him since he arrived.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Andrew Carroll.

I don't look at Carroll as a £35m player.

The way it played out we got £15m and him for Torres. We were backed into a corner with not long left on transfer window

Turtyturd wrote: »
    This is like *that* Chelsea game, without Gerrard shooting from everywhere.

And without him costing us the title and turning into a laughing stock for the next year and a half, until he could take no more and moved to America.

But I'm totally over it.

Sturridge has a song. It's not the best.

The rest of them need to earn a song.

He's never playing to earn it. Henderson has one but it's not aired that often. As if to prove my point though we just had a Gerrard one and the Luis Garcia one. I nearly expect Oh Sami Sami to get an airing soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement