Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Rubin Kazan - Europa League, 8pm, BT Sport

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

And your point been what other than stirring the you know what. Kloop has only had the full squad since last Tuesday week at the most it will take time.

So you quoted my post and said exactly what I said. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

This is a poor result if it doesn't change.

My comment was in relation to our performance the last 5 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

This is the minimum

Jesus... you don't think it might take a while for Klopp to get us going attackwise? Especially given the injuries?? Its no shock we look more dangerous when we have a proper striker on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Jon Champion just made a great point, if this was a Rodgers managed team performing like this there would be war.

And yes, I realise it will take a while for the players to adapt.

Benteke very poor there.

I admit I fell for it.

Lesson learned.

Couple of long shots wouldn't go amiss here

Hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Jon Champion just made a great point, if this was a Rodgers managed team performing like this there would be war.

Benteke very poor there.

The fact it'll take a while for the players to adapt means it's not a great point. In fact, it's a pointless one.

It's merely a very obvious observation. Of course Rodgers would be pilloried. But the key points are that Klopp has had a week, and secondly, Rodgers would be pilloried because it would be the latest in a long line of toothless performances by the team; a team of players he has largely assembled for a lot of money.

So yeah, Jon Champion's point is utterly meaningless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hello.

I've been here since half time when the Celtic game went to shít

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

10 men at home we should be winning against these.
    Often hard to beat 10 men, just swap forward against defender and they become had to break down.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I see what you are trying to do there.

I wish I was. I just can't see us scoring again.

• Advertisement

I've been here since half time when the Celtic game went to shít

Busy as usual I see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp has been left a mess of a squad it will take him a good while to get them working how he and the fans would like.

Lots of deadwood to be cleared out in the next couple of transfer windows.

29 attempts... jesus the on target stat is not pretty...

SlickRic wrote: »

Benteke very poor there.

The fact it'll take a while for the players to adapt means it's not a great point. In fact, it's a pointless one.

It's merely a very obvious observation. Of course Rodgers would be pilloried. But the key points are that Klopp has had a week, and secondly, Rodgers would be pilloried because it would be the latest in a long line of toothless performances by the team; a team of players he has largely assembled for a lot of money.

So yeah, Jon Champion's point is utterly meaningless.
    Champion is a terrible commentator with lazy predictable comments. Went on last year about Lambert and his fairytale Anfield debut. Also labelled Suarez a cheat in a cup match. He's a tabloid commentator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Klopp has been left a mess of a squad it will take him a good while to get them working how he and the fans would like.

Lots of deadwood to be cleared out in the next couple of transfer windows.

The squad is good enough to be beating a ten man Rubin Kazan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So you quoted my post and said exactly what I said. Strange.

No I didn't if your point was to say Klopp need time why would champmans point be a great point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Anyone else see that shot of Klopp on the Ryanair app on his phone trying to book a flight back to dortmund?

Can someone tell me the last time we scored from a corner

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Clearly not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I do feel that Liverpool aren't very far away from being an alrightish team. But tonight has been poor.

Nice YNWA to finish off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

Two matches unbeaten. Is it time to start calling us the invincibles?

Sakho is a god.

Otta here before the nonsense begins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

German Rodgers is all he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Good point for Liverpool, well deserved, although Kazan having 10 men for over half the game certainly helped.

#KaiserKlopp

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

we bring the booty but cant dance

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Clearly not.
    They are but just not get their system sorted yet. Klopp has had 10 days with them, less with international players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

At least you didnt lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Hilarious people saying klopp been left a poor squad if that team isn't good enough to beat 10 men Rubin Kazan then it's time to plant spuds in anfield

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Fans love Sakho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I wouldn't be happy if I were Klopp. Players may still be learning the new tactics but no excuse for the terrible finishing. Can be worked on of course, let's hope so. Sakho immense tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,055 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Klopp out then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Wreck the place! Grab the till!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

murpho999 wrote: »
    Champion is a terrible commentator with lazy predictable comments. Went on last year about Lambert and his fairytale Anfield debut. Also labelled Suarez a cheat in a cup match. He's a tabloid commentator.

That cheat label was ridiculously unprofessional, mainly for the fact it was Suarez's standard celebration. He's an absolute clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I'd keep the team back for 3 hours each day practicing taking and defending corners

Can someone tell me the last time we scored from a corner

About 2 or 3 weeks ago only I think actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

lol at the over reaction what were people expecting with just getting players back from an International break and injuries, it was not going to happen over night

Hilarious people saying klopp been left a poor squad if that team isn't good enough to beat 10 men Rubin Kazan then it's time to plant spuds in anfield

Of course the squad is good enough to beat them. Just because they are doesn't mean they will. Its hilarious to think that a manager can get his philosophy across in a week and a half...

you don't enjoy supporting Liverpool do you... :(

Have to say I like Stevie Mac. Hate pundits who are too cautious about what they say.

Looks like Klopp needs an English teacher....I am AVAILABLE! :)

• Advertisement

Looks like Klopp needs an English teacher....I am AVAILABLE! :)

To be fair the guy asked about there second goal even I was scratching my head with that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Did Anfield just clap the players off?

Had Rodgers been on the sideline it would have been a chorus of boos. And rightly so.

Rubin Kazan are 12th in the Russian league having only one 3 of their games this season.

That was muck.

Who do the fans start blaming now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Of course the squad is good enough to beat them. Just because they are doesn't mean they will. Its hilarious to think that a manager can get his philosophy across in a week and a half...

you don't enjoy supporting Liverpool do you... :(

I would have thought Liverpool could have fielded a team to beat a :

10 man

Currently 12th in the Russian League with 3W - 1D - 8L

Playing at Home

without any direction from a manager

quarryman wrote: »

Had Rodgers been on the sideline it would have been a chorus of boos. And rightly so.

Rubin Kazan are 12th in the Russian league having only one 3 of their games this season.

That was muck.

Ah come on, it was applause for encouragement and everyone knows that it's going to take time.
    Do you want them booed off for manager's first home game?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

That was muck.

8 days with the team they should some belief which has been missing for many months. Yes they should have won but the fans are showing they believe in them and to stick by them during the transition.

That was muck.

Nobody.

Only a clown of the highest order would give the manager grief after 2 full games in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Not seeing any of that untapped talent, a lot of poor players in that squad Klopp will gut it

Judge him at the end of the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Nobody.

Only a clown of the highest order would give the manager grief after 2 full games in charge.

He's a Leeds fan... 2 games is the most their managers get these days :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That was muck.

lol

That was muck.

Out of curiosity I did a search of your posts in the soccer forum, and went through the first 4 pages of results, and it seems like 80% of your posts are Liverpool related in that sample size. I have no reason to think it'd be much different over a bigger sample. You really should stop obsessing over Liverpool.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=11959&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&forum=151

5starpool wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I did a search of your posts in the soccer forum, and went through the first 4 pages of results, and it seems like 80% of your posts are Liverpool related in that sample size. I have no reason to think it'd be much different over a bigger sample. You really should stop obsessing over Liverpool.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=11959&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&forum=151

Jaysus, thats mad

• Advertisement
Advertisement