Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Shallow lakes In clare

Options
  • 22-10-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Recently moved to clare and have course fished a few lakes now but my god they are deep. Does anyone know of any smallish quiet lakes that i could easily float fish the bottom.

Fishing is excellent down here and some many venues, i'm sure ill stumble across one soon. I have seen some small ponds/ lake but no one is fishing them and i wouldn't be sure if i had permission or not and if there was any fish in them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dyl15

Most of the lakes are huge and very deep alright would you not try a swim feeder on the bottom ? Plenty of big bream in the lakes and the feeder would be my chosen method in the lakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

I'd be more inclined OP to go and fish them small lakes and ponds that people are avoiding. You'd be surprised what you could find. Especially if u fancy doing a bit of pike fishing. But with the colder weather around the corner, ull probably have to target known venues to continue catching course fish. Any local tackle dealer worth his salt will point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Cheers. There's a new fishing shop in Ennis, who have put me right on a few tench spots so far. Caught a couple on the ledger but i haven't really fished the feeder before so its a skill that i need to develop and i'm sure it will pay dividends on some of these venues.

I've done a small bit of Pike fishing already with some success, nothing above 10Lb yet but while fishing for course fishing i have had a few massive pike follow in and and snatch the catch at times. There's a few nice spots on the Fergus around Dromore Woods that i might give a go as well.

Advertisement