Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I second the motion! I'll be on after 9 I reckon.

We had a vote, you're out of the clan.... Did you not get the memo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Iron Banner is back :) , yer man is selling good stuff (for me anyways), titan helm, IB auto-rifle and IB shotgun. Played a few games already not seeing the same kind of drops we had in the last IB or SRL. No legendary,class items or high shells yet.

I second the motion! I'll be on after 9 I reckon.

Cool, will be waiting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

syboit wrote: »
    Iron Banner is back :) , yer man is selling good stuff (for me anyways), titan helm, IB auto-rifle and IB shotgun. Played a few games already not seeing the same kind of drops we had in the last IB or SRL. No legendary,class items or high shells yet.

You have to be rank 3 before anything decenct drops. Rank 5 for the higher level drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

For anyone who hasn't upgraded to TTK or knows someone who hasnt, Cozmo is giving out some codes here https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/183417656/0/0

Just put down your console prefrence and who knows you might get lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

What sort of load out are people having success with this IB? Been running MIDA and sidearm pretty effectively today myself. Went back to Gunslinger, felt like giving the SYmbiote a whirl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

What sort of load out are people having success with this IB? Been running MIDA and sidearm pretty effectively today myself. Went back to Gunslinger, felt like giving the SYmbiote a whirl.

Why use Symbiotie when it knocks so much time off you GG ?

MIDA was a beauty for me most of tonight.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Why use Symbiotie when it knocks so much time off you GG ?

For old times sake? Was messing around for the most part. I did finally manage to get the Jade Rabbit from a 3oC, so a productive day all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

My Hawksaw pulse rifle is no longer the beauty it once was. Time to kill is too long, I usually end up with the highest assist rate in matches now having softened guardians up.

I noticed that alright (seething jealousy)

It's a very MIDA heavy IB so far IMO. Also, lots of people running Hard Light which I was surprised by. For all the talk of its no distance drop off and autos coming back, the big bright white bullets kind of give you away!!

With almost zero experience with snipers in crucible, I found myself choosing it for certain maps and having minor success, Bannerfall in particular. Very satisfying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What's the 3OC's conversion rate in IB? Is it similar to SRL?
    Anyone any views on the Infinite Theoram (Trials MG), thinking of 310ing it.
    What's the point of this month's IB? Anything nice dropping in the rank 3 or 5 packages?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    What's the 3OC's conversion rate in IB? Is it similar to SRL?
    Anyone any views on the Infinite Theoram (Trials MG), thinking of 310ing it.
    What's the point of this month's IB? Anything nice dropping in the rank 3 or 5 packages?

dropped about 10 of them so far on IB and got 2 exotics. Done the phogoroth strike again this morning for the new ghost, got an exotic off him aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

dropped about 10 of them so far on IB and got 2 exotics. Done the phogoroth strike again this morning for the new ghost, got an exotic off him aswell.

And you got a Monte Carlo from the exotic chest last night.... you gowl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Iron Banner pissing me off today - not applying bonus rep for the items. Pain in the hoop.

Are only new TTK iron banner items providing a buff?

A win with an exotic class item, million million shader (vanilla) and iron banner emblem (vanilla) is only giving me 69 rep.

If I swap the exotic item for a TTK Iron Banner class item i get 76 rep.

I didn't think there was a split in the items (wasn't last time) but it certainly seems to be the case now. Anyone else see this is or is just a bug on my account?

EDIT: have bought the new emblem so will see what effect that has later. There is no TTK shader though, so if 3 items can be in play I'm not sure what i can do. I will now have a TTK emblem and class item - but can't get a TTK shader, and my current one doesn't appear to be giving a buff.

Will swap from Million Million to Gold Spiral and see if that makes a difference.

Are only new TTK iron banner items providing a buff?

A win with an exotic class item, million million shader (vanilla) and iron banner emblem (vanilla) is only giving me 69 rep.

If I swap the exotic item for a TTK Iron Banner class item i get 76 rep.

I didn't think there was a split in the items (wasn't last time) but it certainly seems to be the case now. Anyone else see this is or is just a bug on my account?

EDIT: have bought the new emblem so will see what effect that has later. There is no TTK shader though, so if 3 items can be in play I'm not sure what i can do. I will now have a TTK emblem and class item - but can't get a TTK shader, and my current one doesn't appear to be giving a buff.

Will swap from Million Million to Gold Spiral and see if that makes a difference.

Don't have an IB class item, so today I get 69rep when wearing shader and emblem, yesterday it was 60. Have seen quite a few get the IB helmet but no class items dropping yet (not sure if they are supposed to or not)

Don't mind me- I was looking at an old version of Generics IB information.

Previously, according to Generics info, a win was 60 and 80 if you had the emblem, shader and class item - and then your daily buff value added.

It is now, according to his reddit thread from yesterday, 50 for a win - 66 with all items then your daily buff added. So 76 is the most you can get today in rep terms.

So I am getting the rep I should be getting, its just less than it was in previous IBs. Bungie: NERF FECKING EVERYTHING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Don't mind me- I was looking at an old version of Generics IB information.

Previously, according to Generics info, a win was 60 and 80 if you had the emblem, shader and class item - and then your daily buff value added.

It is now, according to his reddit thread from yesterday, 50 for a win - 66 with all items then your daily buff added. So 76 is the most you can get today in rep terms.

So I am getting the rep I should be getting, its just less than it was in previous IBs. Bungie: NERF FECKING EVERYTHING

No, that was wrong, I was under the impression in November that they were gonna buff the amounts to give those figures, they never did.

Instead of 60 and 80, it's back to 50 and 66

The buff you get for playing on your alt characters is great aswell, I've only played around 3-4 games on my hunter, completed the 3 daily bounties and he's already upto level 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

A real stinker of a night in iron banner just kept being matched with people who can't do anything other than jump and die. I finally got around to getting the ghost from the paradox mission to start the NTTE exotic quest.(also got a christmas card from bungie today, better late and never I suppose)

uBq8ZeH.gif:small

• Advertisement

Those incendiary grenades are horrible. 1hk without a stick. As an affirmed Hunter, I say boo urns

Never mind micro transactions. I would pay 50 quid if I could pick up a 320 MIDA now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

PetKing wrote: »
    Never mind micro transactions. I would pay 50 quid if I could pick up a 320 MIDA now.

I have 2 of them never used!!!! Same with my Jade Wabbitt, never fired a single shot with the thing lol

wexdevil wrote: »
    A real stinker of a night in iron banner just kept being matched with people who can't do anything other than jump and die. I finally got around to getting the ghost from the paradox mission to start the NTTE exotic quest.(also got a christmas card from bungie today, better late and never I suppose)

I've noticed a lot more teams of 4-6 players in the lobby, harder to get the win when your with randoms against a more organised group. Plus the amount of people that just run past the zones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I've noticed a lot more teams of 4-6 players in the lobby, harder to get the win when your with randoms against a more organised group. Plus the amount of people that just run past the zones!!

That's Iron Banner for ya!! It's always more fun in a group. Going in solo is a test of patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

I'm having good fun with the Zalo Supercell in IB. Just stay in that close-mid range where auto rifles excell and your gold (and a cheeky side arm to fend off those pesky shotgunners)

I really noticed the latest fusion nerfing yesterday. Running the Thesan for a few games, watching as I hit someone from inside shotgun range without killing them. Had to have landed at least 5 or 6 of the bolts. Bungie just needs to take them out of the game at this point, they've destroyed them as viable weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

thegame983 wrote: »
    I'm having good fun with the Zalo Supercell in IB. Just stay in that close-mid range where auto rifles excell and your gold (and a cheeky side arm to fend off those pesky shotgunners)

Hard light and Stillpiercer for the same solution.
    Nothing hurts more than getting sniped at Matador range. :D

syboit wrote:

Pantheon where teams cap C and B quickly, and smother you on A. You're fecked from the start.

• Advertisement

this code generator still works, you can pick up the redbull quest ( I think its free to everyone from today anyways) and a focused light (boosts your xp gains). You can get about 3 out of them before they block your ip (and then try again later :) . You can get errors sometimes but just repeat till you get the "claim loot"

https://jsfiddle.net/ff5p0yhv/3/embedded/result/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement