Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the rewards so far are very poor, although im only rank 2. SRL had a far better payoff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Think I'm done with this game for awhile. Garbage rewards from IB icing on the cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got a 314 lmg and a 316 pulse from my first two rank 5 packages. Happy enough.

Got a few assault rifles and shotties from post gave drops, and some helms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got a 314 lmg and a 316 pulse from my first two rank 5 packages. Happy enough.

Got a few assault rifles and shotties from post gave drops, and some helms.

I'm rank 4 on the Titan. I've had one AR and 6 helms drop.

Edit: Just got the Shotgun from my first game today.

Not bad so far. I've the 3 weekly bounties done so will turn them in today and hit 5 and then onto the Hunter and Warlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

The last Iron Banner in Nov, bungie said they had fixed the drops, there seemed to be more high level iron shells dropping compared to this one. Both my characters have had a fair few helms, but no weapons.

I bought the IB shotgun, the full auto and super replishing the ammo are good, but the rate of fire is fairly slow (same as the trials shotgun)

• Advertisement

Crappy 310 ghost out of the last rank 5 package - having just got a 319 shell from a post game drop on the last game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody want to help me defeat a Taken Champion on earth? Had no problems killing the first but can't seem to kill the second in time

syboit wrote: »
    this code generator still works, you can pick up the redbull quest ( I think its free to everyone from today anyways) and a focused light (boosts your xp gains). You can get about 3 out of them before they block your ip (and then try again later :) . You can get errors sometimes but just repeat till you get the "claim loot"

https://jsfiddle.net/ff5p0yhv/3/embedded/result/

I've entered in the code but how do I get the quest to work? Ain't showing up in game for me

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I've entered in the code but how do I get the quest to work? Ain't showing up in game for me

Try going to Amanda Holiday to pick it up

wexdevil wrote: »
    Try going to Amanda Holiday to pick it up

Nope, I logged out and back in and managed to get my Focused Light but no quest :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

ItsHoggie wrote:
    Nope, I logged out and back in and managed to get my Focused Light but no quest :-(

I entered the code last night and the focused light was ready to collect from postmaster today. Amanda had a quest about impressing the vanguard. Is that it the quest?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

finally reached rank 5 and got a 311 pulse rifle and 310 ghost, very happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

hit rank 5 on my last character, got 316 sniper and 313 boots.

Did also manage to have a 316 ghost drop so its been a decent night on it.

PetKing wrote: »
    I entered the code last night and the focused light was ready to collect from postmaster today. Amanda had a quest about impressing the vanguard. Is that it the quest?

Not sure tbh, but I do know you get a trick sparrow for completing it a certain part of it, which is what I'm after.

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Originally Posted by PetKing View Post

Not sure tbh, but I do know you get a trick sparrow for completing it a certain part of it, which is what I'm after.

I'll have a look later when I login at the quest and see what its called. There is only 2 quests from Amanda, the Chaperone and this redbull one.

I think its going to be given to everyone this week anyways, upto now it was exclusive to those redbull codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'll have a look later when I login at the quest and see what its called. There is only 2 quests from Amanda, the Chaperone and this redbull one.

I think its going to be given to everyone this week anyways, upto now it was exclusive to those redbull codes.

The name of the quest is Make the Vanguard Smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Used the code, got two lights and the quest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

The name of the quest is Make the Vanguard Smile.

Yes, that's the one I got. Nice one.

Used the code, got two lights and the quest!

did 2 out of 3 of the charge patrols, the ones where you chase the circle's of light to 100% around the map, but couldn't get it to overcharge. Apparently its better if you do it in a fireteam as you need to go through them quickly for the overcharge to kick in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

did 2 out of 3 of the charge patrols, the ones where you chase the circle's of light to 100% around the map, but couldn't get it to overcharge. Apparently its better if you do it in a fireteam as you need to go through them quickly for the overcharge to kick in.

Just do it on the Dreadnaught in the Mausoleum, get 2 people doing small jumping laps for about 4 or 5 light rings, me and another lad did it on tTK launch day pretty much by accident, total piece of p**s.

Cathedral of Dusk can go and f**k off. Just f**k right off

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Cathedral of Dusk can go and f**k off. Just f**k right off

I whole heartily agree !! I turned the game off last night because of that f**king map.

These have singlehandedly been the worst set of maps in an IB rotation I can remember.

Well we'll always have Drunk Crotas End..... did someone say "Generic Spawn More Wizards!" :pac:

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I whole heartily agree !! I turned the game off last night because of that f**king map.

These have singlehandedly been the worst set of maps in an IB rotation I can remember.

I like Pantheon, Exodus Blue, Black Shield, Dungeon, Rusted Lands, Twilight Gap - have had those loads on this IB rotation. Cathedral fecking sucks though, and I dislike Widows Court as well - though i do love my grenade kills on B (LIGHTNING GRENADE FOR THE WIN*)

*a couple of assists and maybe a kill

Remember once getting 3 kills on B with a lightning grenade thrown VERY hopefully in that general direction from near the high heavy spawn. I loved that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

LIGHTNING GRENADE FOR THE WIN

Popping a lightning grenade into a defenders bubble is great craic also...totally worth the shotgun to the face.

Think I'll be taking a break after killing Oryx on Challenge mode 3 times this week. No salt, it's just I've done everything there is to do now. Have all 3 characters around 317-319 or so, no quests left on my main guy (no incentive to do them on my alts), have almost all the exotics, pretty much the whole lot at 310+, grimore nearly maxed. Might just play some PvP once a week or so after a few drinks for the banter.

Think people are getting more negative cause of RNG drop expectations or exhaustion etc. Find myself more inclined to play solo or small groups cause I just CNBF listening to complaining now when I'm trying to have a bit of a laugh. Still and all, had some good drunken Iron Banner fun, where I talked a LOT of rubbish and went on some serious rants. That was fun. Well I thought it was :pac:

I've "Completed" Destiny as far as I'm concerned :)

Fingers crossed for some more content etc to be announced soon.

Gonna try and finish Fallout 4. Plus I have CoD BLOPS3 and Borderlands The Handsome Jack Collection on PS4 and Halo 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider on X-Box one to play.
    If anyone is up for playing those, lemme know, never played Borderlands The Pre Sequel so that could be fun in a group maybe, not sure BLOPS3 drunk would be as enjoyable as Destinys PvP.... maybe the Zombies mode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

Got my 3 characters to lvl5 on Iron Banner and all I got was 2 310 ghosts and a 311 launcher , only other drop I got were helmets under 300 light :(

I like Pantheon, Exodus Blue, Black Shield, Dungeon, Rusted Lands, Twilight Gap - have had those loads on this IB rotation. Cathedral fecking sucks though, and I dislike Widows Court as well - though i do love my grenade kills on B (LIGHTNING GRENADE FOR THE WIN*)

*a couple of assists and maybe a kill

Remember once getting 3 kills on B with a lightning grenade thrown VERY hopefully in that general direction from near the high heavy spawn. I loved that moment.

I like Panthoen, Rusted Lands and Twilight Gap.

I say I played the 3 of those combined no more than 20/25 times over the course of the week.

I'd say I got Cathedral of Dusk once every 3/4 games.

Got a 5 piece on B with a lovely Nova Bomb on Widow Court yesterday. It felt great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Iron Banner drops were a bit ****. Got 2 characters to Level 5 and received:
    2 x 310 ghosts.
    318 Finnala's Peril.
    312 Nirwen's Mercy.

Considering my Warlock is 314, getting a 310 Ghost shell is a piss poor reward (while I have a 313 Ghost equipped!).

That being said, had a great time over the weekend, great craic with the drunken PvP on Sat night. Played 1 game yesterday and completed all 3 daily's and 1 weekly on my Warlock, so that was a great moment. Went on a 14 kill streak then ran out of ammo and jumped out in front of 3 enemy players :( Just missing the 15 kill streak...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Best thing I got from the IB this time round was a 320 Ghost shell that dropped at the end of the match. Have yet to get a Warlock class item, auto rifle or any of the camelot helmets (loads of companion helmets dropped for me though) - so will play a few games this evening before resorting to buying them.
    IB is good craic with a team; not so much fun going solo (getting placed into teams down by ~6k points 4 games running or teams full of headless chickens when you are looking for a win to complete your bounties!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nevelator wrote: »
    Best thing I got from the IB this time round was a 320 Ghost shell that dropped at the end of the match. Have yet to get a Warlock class item, auto rifle or any of the camelot helmets (loads of companion helmets dropped for me though) - so will play a few games this evening before resorting to buying them.
    IB is good craic with a team; not so much fun going solo (getting placed into teams down by ~6k points 4 games running or teams full of headless chickens when you are looking for a win to complete your bounties!)

Or being placed in teams that cnbf getting or holding the control points. It's control not run around like a headless chicken until you find someone :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement