Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

nevelator wrote: »
    (getting placed into teams down by ~6k points 4 games running or teams full of headless chickens when you are looking for a win to complete your bounties!)

Jump straight to orbit! There's no point getting dumped with a crap game you're not going to enjoy and you're certain to lose.

I don't see a point even trying to complete bounties on those games. I fine a lot of the Crucible maps in TTK are very unbalanced and it's too easy to spawn trap teams when they are a man down or are losing badly.

Jump to orbit, start a new game, rinse and repeat until you find a good lobby - it makes the game so much more enjoyable and you'll fly through your bounties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Solo IB is negative craic alright, other players on my team are usually shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Played a good bit of IB solo this time around, was the least enjoyable IB i've had in a while. The times I was in groups was good laugh, and easier games because there was some organization and communication.

I don't even think communication is that big an issue though, simply having a team that is working towards winning rather than lone wolfing it around the map so that (a) they are teamed up on and (b) makes it impossible for you to team up on the oppo is a great help.

Infuriating when you play Pantheon and you realise you are the only person that has ran to B. Result: You're dead, got maybe 1 kill and lost the capture point. Then you can also be sure you are going to spend most the game at A getting spawn trapped. WONDERFUL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I preferred to go it solo a lot of this IB. Odd but sometimes I found the chat distacting, or mics were too loud. More often than not the teams were OK. If you're not going to bother capturing points, you had better at least be getting 20+ kills for the team. Reported a team mate last night. Spent the entire game jumping to the highest point visible and allowed himself to be shot. Other times he would respawn and use ToM to kill himself. He wasn't a member of other teams clan so I don't know what his problem was.

Edit: at any rate, got my 3 characters to level 5 and was happy with my drops.

PetKing wrote: »
    Odd but sometimes I found the chat distacting, or mics were too loud.

Not odd in the slightest.

There's a fine line between helpful chat and the kind of s**t me, Gimli, Chimp, Nev and CDB had going on on Saturday.....

Also, if someones in a bad mood with the game cause of Lag or whatever. Go take a break for 30 mins....

*Includes token video on 'Tilt' or something* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »

There's a fine line between helpful chat and the kind of s**t me, Gimli, Chimp, Nev and CDB had going on on Saturday.....

Also, if someones in a bad mood with the game cause of Lag or whatever. Go take a break for 30 mins....

You lot together with drink on yis, I would say that was fun haha

jonny24ie wrote: »
    You lot together with drink on yis, I would say that was fun haha

Think we got mercy'd a few times while I was ranting about some utter sh!te to be fair.... I was pretty out of it.... probably should have stopped 4 or 5 games earlier. But I didn't want to let Chimp down

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

My personal favourite was during our flawless raid attempt and you running in to clobber Crota to find him standing there looking at you :D
    There was some choice language used!!

disclaimer: time taken to fire rockets may be slower than expected

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    My personal favourite was during our flawless raid attempt and you running in to clobber Crota to find him standing there looking at you :D
    Some choice language was involved!!

disclaimer: time taken to fire rockets may be slower than expected

Oh god I forgot about that, yeah, that's the kind of stuff that makes the game.

Nothing like screaming at 5 other people and calling them all sorts of names to bring the family together at the holiday season

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Think we got mercy'd a few times while I was ranting about some utter sh!te to be fair.... I was pretty out of it.... probably should have stopped 4 or 5 games earlier. But I didn't want to let Chimp down

No wonder I was getting random invites haha
    No no you should never stop, always keep going :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Oh god I forgot about that, yeah, that's the kind of stuff that makes the game.

Nothing like screaming at 5 other people and calling them all sorts of names to bring the family together at the holiday season

It was absolutely hilarious... Luckily you had your wits about you and we avoided a calamity... Good times...

I wanted to do a take on Crotas End where everyones only allowed use Shotguns and Swords and no supers, try take down Crota using Swords and Shotguns :pac:

BTW, I tested this the other day, Only takes 2-3 hits from the Arc Exotic Long-Range Sword to get him to kneel..... so the offer stands....

Need 6 players with universal remote :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I'm the best fcuking teammate to have so. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

syboit wrote: »
    I'll have a look later when I login at the quest and see what its called. There is only 2 quests from Amanda, the Chaperone and this redbull one.

I think its going to be given to everyone this week anyways, upto now it was exclusive to those redbull codes.

Think I might need to finish Taken King's quest line before I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

BTW, I tested this the other day, Only takes 2-3 hits from the Arc Exotic Long-Range Sword to get him to kneel..... so the offer stands....

You can get up close and personal with Void Exotic.

Stay still damn you.

Who else having PSN issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Stay still damn you.

That's quality stuff, par for the course. Bungie should throw some Taken thralls into the Crucible, they wouldn't be out of place.

Who else having PSN issues

Yeah it's down I believe. I got on this afternoon to get my Hunter to lvl.5. Sucks if you had planned on getting on this evening for the high rep to mill through IB.

*Dusts off Fallout 4*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Yeah it's down I believe. I got on this afternoon to get my Hunter to lvl.5. Sucks if you had planned on getting on this evening for the high rep to mill through IB.

*Dusts off Fallout 4*

Yeah, been down most of the evening. Really annoying as I am about 3-4 matches away from getting my third character to level 5. Currently level 3½ with the three weeklies left to complete.

• Advertisement

Yeah, have the 3 weeklies to hand in, though no marks to buy anything. So not missing out on much bar the few lucky drops that may happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Sounds like fun!

Speaking of crota I was doing Crota Hard today levelling up a friends character when this happened...

Adorable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Rank 5 rewards = 313 sidearm, 313 rocket launcher and 318 gloves. Took feck all effort to get everyone to rank 5 really, just a few games on Saturday and a few more today. Worth the small effort for sure, saw a few nice after match drops also.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I really wanted to play this tonight, psn been down all evening so no Destiny. I presume the Iron Banner is gone by tomorrow?

316 Nirwens Mercy the highlight plus various helmets. Only brought Hunter & Titan to lvl 5. Have 2 weekly bounties left over on each character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sorry if that was me. I can be quite loud after a few drinks. Your ears are going to bleed if I go on any type of shotgun run (2 kills) :rolleyes:

Played mostly solo this week myself. Found it hard to get into but once I got going it was ok. Have no real desire to play on once I get to rank 5 on the 3 characters. It's crazy how fast you rank up the alt characters. I have 3 (nearly 4) weekly bounties done on each of them and not cashed in.

It wasn't anyone in particular, God my comment sounds bitchy ha ha!! You're rage quit was the highlight of my brief Saturday play by the way!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I was only thinking last night that I haven't played any destiny really since before christmas, between being occupied with the holidays and dipping into a few other games, the break has been nice. plus the sparrow racing and the Iron banner don't really hold any attraction for me.

I think there are a few little bits and pieces I'd like to finish out before I put the game down for an extended break or they release some substantial DLC and was putting together a little list in my head.

I think If i get the following done for the achievements, I'll be happy enough,

1. The taken war : petra
    2. Court of Oryx
    3. Defeat Oryx in the hard raid.

anyone else feeling a kind of a wind down in the game at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It wasn't anyone in particular, God my comment sounds bitchy ha ha!! You're rage quit was the highlight of my brief Saturday play by the way!! :)

I have a very poor recollection of Saturday. Was on it a good while by that stage and my BS meter was probably full up.:o I can overreact but 5 minutes later I'm fine.Should have seen me on SRL hitting that last fuking wheel on Mars when leading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was only thinking last night that I haven't played any destiny really since before christmas, between being occupied with the holidays and dipping into a few other games, the break has been nice. plus the sparrow racing and the Iron banner don't really hold any attraction for me.

I think there are a few little bits and pieces I'd like to finish out before I put the game down for an extended break or they release some substantial DLC and was putting together a little list in my head.

I think If i get the following done for the achievements, I'll be happy enough,

1. The taken war : petra
    2. Court of Oryx
    3. Defeat Oryx in the hard raid.

anyone else feeling a kind of a wind down in the game at the moment?

I'm done now. Might help with a CM if people are stuck but other than that it'll be other games getting my time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement