Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I was only thinking last night that I haven't played any destiny really since before christmas, between being occupied with the holidays and dipping into a few other games, the break has been nice. plus the sparrow racing and the Iron banner don't really hold any attraction for me.

I think there are a few little bits and pieces I'd like to finish out before I put the game down for an extended break or they release some substantial DLC and was putting together a little list in my head.

I think If i get the following done for the achievements, I'll be happy enough,

1. The taken war : petra
    2. Court of Oryx
    3. Defeat Oryx in the hard raid.

anyone else feeling a kind of a wind down in the game at the moment?

Yeah, I know what you mean! Some of the guys wanted to do a raid the other night, and I just could not be bothered. Too time consuming. However, I still enjoyed Iron Banner a lot. Crucible is the most fun for me now and getting into a fireteam team of 6 in IB is always a laugh.

SRL was a cheap, thrown together money grab by Activision IMO. I'm sure it will be expanded on further down the line, but it didn't count as content in my eyes.

I have so many other games to play. I got 2 characters to just over 310 light level (depending on weapons equipped). The grind up to 320 is not fun or even necessary. I'll still dip into Crucible every now and again, but unless there is a new raid in the pipeline this year, I don't think I'll be playing much PvE anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I've gotten bored with most of the game, the single player aspect is dead (unsurprisingly) and nightfall/dailies/weeklies have little appeal.

If I end up having to go to LFG for Raid groups, it will probably kill the game in general for me. I play this game for the fun of playing with Cormac, Gimli, CDB, Chimp, Nev, Sniper, Wonda, Redzer, Hochpitch etc.

As the boards.ie community becomes less active in the game, so will I. Solo Destiny holds little appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've gotten bored with most of the game, the single player aspect is dead (unsurprisingly) and nightfall/dailies/weeklies have little appeal.

If I end up having to go to LFG for Raid groups, it will probably kill the game in general for me. I play this game for the fun of playing with Cormac, Gimli, CDB, Chimp, Nev, Sniper, Wonda, Redzer, Hochpitch etc.

As the boards.ie community becomes less active in the game, so will I. Solo Destiny holds little appeal.

After doing the 3 types of Challenges (Warpriest, Golg, Oryx), Twice (if you include today) on all 3 characters (so 18x 320 drops total), there is no further reason to run the Raid really. Other than Sherpa'ing newbies.

Gonne take Oryx down 3 times today I hope and then basically just pick a day at the weekend each to jump on for some Crucible messing about (probably not trials) until something interesting comes along content wise.

Wrapping up all the quests on my main and getting to the 318ish mark on all 3 characters is enough for me. 320 holds no appeal as it'll just be like hitting level 29 or 32.

Iron Banner week is still fun, but only with a group imho, though I don't mind doing one game to warm up solo, I think that helps

I think having a bit of a break/wind down will be good.

Bare in mind too a big part of it is that people get plenty of games at X-mass.
    Whereas this time last year we were all getting ready for the 4th week of Normal Crota and the 2nd (or whatever) week of Hard Crota.

Sparrow Racing and Iron Banner and the Raid Challenges just kind of bought the game 4-6 weeks if you ask me.
    Basically IMHO everything in the last 6 weeks has converged on Destiny to kind of make a LOT of it a bit "Done" for now. But hey-ho, PvP is still fun and the banter in party chat is good craic

So I'll say again.... Borderlands The Pre Sequel anyone? :)

Cormac... wrote: »

So I'll say again.... Borderlands The Pre Sequel anyone? :)

Is that the Handsome Collection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Think I will pick up the Handsome Collection. Really enjoyed BL 2 and never played the pre-sequel. It's the most Destiny like thing out there and not sure I can go cold turkey.There's definately a bit of a lull with Destiny. Kind of like just before TTK came out. I had gone off and was playing a bit of Battlefield Hardline around then

• Advertisement

Is that the Handsome Collection?

Yeah, the Handsome Collection includes both, But I played a decent bit of BL2 (like a lot of people) so thought that might be a good one to start fresh with a group of 4 of us for a bit of a laugh in a week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

I played craps out of beta bought Destiny when it was released but never got into it .bougt taken king this week Many advice for me starting off again ?

brady12 wrote: »
    I played craps out of beta bought Destiny when it was released but never got into it .bougt taken king this week Many advice for me starting off again ?

Just make your way through the missions and quests until you have no more missions left to do. After that you'll have a better idea of what you want to do next. There's a lot of missions and strikes within the Taken King quests

Yeah, the Handsome Collection includes both, But I played a decent bit of BL2 (like a lot of people) so thought that might be a good one to start fresh with a group of 4 of us for a bit of a laugh in a week or two.
    Bought it this morning - hopefully my PS4 will have downloaded it by the time I get home. We'll have to set up a new thread!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Bought it this morning - hopefully my PS4 will have downloaded it by the time I get home. We'll have to set up a new thread!:pac:

Used it as my "come down" from Destiny over the summer. And strangely enough I have started playing it again recently. And you can play it solo when psn is offline.

Destiny really needs a fresh injection of content. At this time last year many of us would have been running up to 6 weekly raids..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nocal wrote: »
    Used it as my "come down" from Destiny over the summer. And strangely enough I have started playing it again recently. And you can play it solo when psn is offline.

Destiny really needs a fresh injection of content. At this time last year many of us would have been running up to 6 weekly raids..

Yeah, I'm pretty much done with it without new content. Plus I have a bit of a backlog of JRPGs to get through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I did the Kings Fall Raid on normal finally! Jesus there is a lot of steps to taking down Oryx.

Thanks for the help lads, does this mean I'm not a noob anymore? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lol if you have to ask about being a noob........!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I did the Kings Fall Raid on normal finally! Jesus there is a lot of steps to taking down Oryx.

Thanks for the help lads, does this mean I'm not a noob anymore? :pac:

Was that you with us last night Aaron?

To answer your question, you're still a noob! :) . That was my third time taking him down and I'm still iffy on the exact timing of a lot of it, as evidenced by 'stones gone into the bomb too early!' Etc. It was a good run though, I've been stuck on encounters a lot longer than we did them last night.

Happy with my 310 Monte Carlo for my troubles as well!

Got 3 kills on Oryx done last nice, mostly nice and smooth apart from me forgetting to kill my knight, twice in a row. #facepalm

OUr first run through the raid last night was a very good one. 1hr20 start to finish (including some time wiping for people to grab the Oryx CP). Spent more time on the Totems than anything else! Warpriest, Golgoroth, Sisters and Oryx taken down first time each time.

Got 3 kills on Oryx done last nice, mostly nice and smooth apart from me forgetting to kill my knight, twice in a row. #facepalm

OUr first run through the raid last night was a very good one. 1hr20 start to finish (including some time wiping for people to grab the Oryx CP). Spent more time on the Totems than anything else! Warpriest, Golgoroth, Sisters and Oryx taken down first time each time.

That was a very good run Challenge alright.

3 wipes on the Totems.... more the entire rest of the raid combined :pac:

If you excuse me taking a 20 min break we did all 3 Oryx Kills (incl the rest of the raid) in 2 hours 20 mins which was class. The A-Team game was strong. As evidenced by the amount of micromanaging going on by run 3. :D

The 3 man self res on the sisters was a class moment, I recorded that :)

Don't forget if you log in between tomorrow evening and Sunday you'll get 15 motes, 15 strange coins and an Emblem
    When we all return from a long winter’s nap, we’ll still be in the giving mood. Just because you’re all awesome, we’ll be stuffing your stockings with 15 Strange Coins and 15 Motes of Light. They should arrive on January 7th, after we’ve all had a chance to settle in after our travels. We’ll sound an update in the usual places when they arrive.
    As a final gesture, if you make an appearance in the world of Destiny any time from January 7th to January 10th, we’ll throw in an exclusive yet-to-be-revealed Emblem to mark the fact that you were there. Just log onto Destiny and play whatever you like. Complete a playable activity in your Director so we can track you! We’ll pass out the Emblems to those who qualify on January 12th.

That was a very good run Challenge alright.

3 wipes on the Totems.... more the entire rest of the raid combined :pac:

If you excuse me taking a 20 min break we did all 3 Oryx Kills (incl the rest of the raid) in 2 hours 20 mins which was class. The A-Team game was strong. As evidenced by the amount of micromanaging going on by run 3. :D

The 3 man self res on the sisters was a class moment, I recorded that :)
    Yeah, that sisters run was a fecking terrible run, and we still got it done. I just about survived on my platform by popping my bubble, the ads were going mental!

The damage on the warpriest was insane, considering Nocal blueorbed it from the very start of the first sequence. Was down to about 1/3rd after that first sequence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Did it last night also with a few heads off boards, was fairly glitchy for us but we showed him who is boss!!! Will be running it again tonight if anybody needs to do it

The damage on the warpriest was insane, considering Nocal blueorbed it from the very start of the first sequence. Was down to about 1/3rd after that first sequence.

Sounds about right, think I remember him pulling those kinds of shenanigans back in the day on hard Crota too :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

The spindle mission is back today, might try it on my alt character to get the ship if anyone is around later.

Really scrapping the bottom of the barrel but do any other 2 PS4 players care to get this Ghost later? (or the other 2 new ghosts in this strike, I already have them), will be logging in later for a bit to get my Armsday packages and give my vault a clear out (the 20 or so 300+ drops yesterday really but the cat among the pigeons)

Rezyl Azzir - Before These Walls

Really scrapping the bottom of the barrel but do any other 2 PS4 players care to get this Ghost later? (or the other 2 new ghosts in this strike, I already have them), will be logging in later for a bit to get my Armsday packages and give my vault a clear out (the 20 or so 300+ drops yesterday really but the cat among the pigeons)

I'll be doing the same, so if i'm online at the same time as you i'll hop in to grab the ghosts.

What's the deal with the Grimore card for: Calcified Fragments: Insight

Do you get that when you have all 50 fragments on one character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Did it last night also with a few heads off boards, was fairly glitchy for us but we showed him who is boss!!! Will be running it again tonight if anybody needs to do it

Yeah, we got to Oryx fairly quick smart, and should have had him done on first run, but for my four bombs failing to register.

Ah well, another 2 to go. Don't tell anyone we didn't swap out for the checkpoint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'll do it too. Haven't picked up the new ghosts yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Sounds about right, think I remember him pulling learning those kinds of shenanigans from some scrub back in the day on hard Crota too :rolleyes:

FYP.

I would be up for the 3 new ghosts this evening too.

We can discuss BL2 character selection!

nocal wrote: »
    We can discuss BL2 character selection!

It's like giving your ex back a box of her stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

syboit wrote: »
    The spindle mission is back today, might try it on my alt character to get the ship if anyone is around later.

I'll give you a hand on my warlock, what time will you be on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So guys, I bought the taken king add on and installed it on my profile, my problem is I am using a different playstation for a while so put the disk in and got update for it, but cant find the taken king add on for my profile which i had downloaded from ps store. can any one help me with this. the only option i get is to pay 50 euros for it, the option for the taken king is even in my library

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement