Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

astonaidan wrote: »
    So guys, I bought the taken king add on and installed it on my profile, my problem is I am using a different playstation for a while so put the disk in and got update for it, but cant find the taken king add on for my profile which i had downloaded from ps store. can any one help me with this. the only option i get is to pay 50 euros for it, the option for the taken king is even in my library

Have you purchased and downloaded the other 2 DLCs? The Dark Below and House of Wolves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I'll give you a hand on my warlock, what time will you be on?

cool, no idea yet, later at some stage :)

Was just doing some warlocking there at lunch (this coming from the guy who said he'd never have alts :). Also tried the sunless cell strike again for a new exotic sword, of course the 2 clowns that it matched-maked with me killed my ward and then I got dumped out of it anyways :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

syboit wrote: »

Was just doing some warlocking there at lunch (this coming from the guy who said he'd never have alts :). Also tried the sunless cell strike again for a new exotic sword, of course the 2 clowns that it matched-maked with me killed my ward and then I got dumped out of it anyways :(

If ye haven't it done by the time i get on count me in.

Anyone on xbox needing to finish the chaperone quest line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

ibFoxer wrote: »
    If ye haven't it done by the time i get on count me in.

Anyone on xbox needing to finish the chaperone quest line?

I don't need it but will be up to giving you a hand if you don't get anyone else, it was good craic shooting those lads with shotguns, even though only the last shots need to be shotgun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Cormac... wrote: »
    Have you purchased and downloaded the other 2 DLCs? The Dark Below and House of Wolves

I cant see either of those options at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did you buy the Legendary Edition of the Taken King ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Did you make sure you bought it for the right console, i.e did you buy the ps3 version and have a ps4 or visa versa. Taken King with HoW and TDB is still €25 on the psn store until midnight or €30 with vanilla destiny.

[Url] https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/addons/destiny-the-taken-king/cid=EP0002-CUSA00568_00-DESTINYTAKENUPGR[/url]

Sounds odd, you'd normally HAVE to have them to be allowed buy the Taken King, unless the edition of the Taken King you have includes them. Maybe see if you can find them on the store or in your library and download them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Do you need to redownload TTK to the new PS4 from the library? I played on my brother's PS4 over christmas. Logged in on my account and away I went drunken sparrow racing!

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Do you need to redownload TTK to the new PS4 from the library? I played on my brother's PS4 over christmas. Logged in on my account and away I went drunken sparrow racing!

Don't think so. When you had the expansion pass you could play TDB and HoW without "purchasing" the actual dlc which caused some people problems as they couldn't purchase TTK due to not owning the other two expansions.

• Advertisement

Don't think so. When you had the expansion pass you could play TDB and HoW without "purchasing" the actual dlc which caused some people problems as they couldn't purchase TTK due to not owning the other two expansions.

+1 to this, happened to my mate.

For some reason, owning the expansion Pass didn't register as owning and downloading the 2 individual DLC packs for the purposes of buying/downloading the Taken King.

As he's playing the game on a different ps4 to the one he downloaded TTK originally does the new system not need TTK to be installed/unlocked on it's HD?
    I really need this resolved I'm getting no work done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

problem is I am using a different playstation

I would say that right there is what is causing the issue

What's the deal with the Grimore card for: Calcified Fragments: Insight

Do you get that when you have all 50 fragments on one character?

I think you get it when you go to Eris with all 50 on one character.
    I got it at some point last night after getting the raid done and speaking to herself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Was that you with us last night Aaron?

To answer your question, you're still a noob! :) . That was my third time taking him down and I'm still iffy on the exact timing of a lot of it, as evidenced by 'stones gone into the bomb too early!' Etc. It was a good run though, I've been stuck on encounters a lot longer than we did them last night.

Happy with my 310 Monte Carlo for my troubles as well!
    Yeah I was the handsome badass in blue, OutmodedRope. :D

I didn't realise at Oryx I had to wait for your platform to pop before jumping up I just went when you did a lot of the time.
    Yeah we flew through most of it! That first jumping section with the ships was pretty difficult.
    Actually made it past the section titled 'Dildo Wall' :D

I got the 310 ghost shell, the Warlock boots and two of that Pulse Rifle that looks like a rib with teeth. It's hideous but gets the job done.

Thanks again for your help. As for still being a noob, at least I'm a dangerous noob now. :pac:
    I also liked that our team liked to talk ****e as that so many parts of the raid hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

You need to set the new console as primary...

First log into the PS store on your PC/Phone and deactivate the "old" PS4

Log in on your new PS4, go to settings-> PSN account management and "activate as primary PS4"

Should sort it!

Assuming your on the same Gamertag you were previous

I'm going in again....

Not sure he needs to do all that Fieldog. I played on a different PS4 over the holidays and all I had to do was log in as a guest and log onto the PSN with my usual login details. That PS4 had the Taken King already on it and I could play TTK. (Note don't play a singleplayer game like TLOU like I did get around 1/2 way through and log out - it doesn't save your progress :eek:)
    Playing on the second PS4 all my progress in SRL/NFs etc was saved and when I logged back in on my own PS4 everything I had earned was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Just a little bit of Kings Fall from last night:D

Edit:Slightly longer vid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

thebag89 wrote: »
    Just a little bit of Kings Fall from last night:D

1e6

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm going in again....

Not sure he needs to do all that Fieldog. I played on a different PS4 over the holidays and all I had to do was log in as a guest and log onto the PSN with my usual login details. That PS4 had the Taken King already on it and I could play TTK. (Note don't play a singleplayer game like TLOU like I did get around 1/2 way through and log out - it doesn't save your progress :eek:)
    Playing on the second PS4 all my progress in SRL/NFs etc was saved and when I logged back in on my own PS4 everything I had earned was there.

1. Thats why you could play TTK, it was on the licence of whoever owned that PS4.

2. All Destiny stuff is saved on the cloud on Bungies servers. Your save is tied to your psn and is available from any ps3 or ps4 that has Destiny installed and you log into without having to download your ps+ backup save.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

syboit wrote: »

I also need to do that strike for the arc sword so can give you a hand. I'm sure we can rope one other in so we don't have a random!

1e6

He's laughing at the Havoc Pigeon, I've already reported him to the Forum Mods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah I was the handsome badass in blue, OutmodedRope. :D

I didn't realise at Oryx I had to wait for your platform to pop before jumping up I just went when you did a lot of the time.
    Yeah we flew through most of it! That first jumping section with the ships was pretty difficult.
    Actually made it past the section titled 'Dildo Wall' :D

I got the 310 ghost shell, the Warlock boots and two of that Pulse Rifle that looks like a rib with teeth. It's hideous but gets the job done.

Thanks again for your help. As for still being a noob, at least I'm a dangerous noob now. :pac:
    I also liked that our team liked to talk ****e as that so many parts of the raid hilarious.

I'll let you in on a little secret - I was never really sure about whether or not it made a difference if we jumped on the platforms in order or not :eek: any youtube videos I watched just kind of skimmed past it like it made no difference. last night was the first time it was made abundantly clear to me :P

you got some good loot there, a good drop makes the struggle worth it. a few challenge mode drops will really help you on your way now.

you got some good loot there, a good drop makes the struggle worth it. a few challenge mode drops will really help you on your way now.
    Yeah, very lucky alright, started at 283 light, came out of the raid 293 and after upgrading hit 294.

Challenge what now? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah, very lucky alright, started at 283 light, came out of the raid 293 and after upgrading hit 294.

Challenge what now? :pac:

there's parts of the raid, namely the warpriest, golgoroth and Oryx that require you to beat them in a certain way to garauntee high level items. (hard mode gives 320 stuff andI think normal gives 310)

once you hit 300 light, your loot drops should get a bit better from strikes etc as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I also need to do that strike for the arc sword so can give you a hand. I'm sure we can rope one other in so we don't have a random!

I'm down if it's not done again i get on. Keep me posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Did you make sure you bought it for the right console, i.e did you buy the ps3 version and have a ps4 or visa versa. Taken King with HoW and TDB is still €25 on the psn store until midnight or €30 with vanilla destiny.

[Url] https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/addons/destiny-the-taken-king/cid=EP0002-CUSA00568_00-DESTINYTAKENUPGR[/url]
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you buy the Legendary Edition of the Taken King ?
    Sounds odd, you'd normally HAVE to have them to be allowed buy the Taken King, unless the edition of the Taken King you have includes them. Maybe see if you can find them on the store or in your library and download them

I have all the downloads which I use on my own PS4, this new console has been activated as my primary one so that my friend can use the game and he wanted to be able to have the taken king.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

did a small bit of house cleaning with my weapons tonight - now have a 320 Colovance, 318 Jade Rabbit, 310 Red Death and a 308 Mida. Still have 2 320 primaries to sacrifice too, and a couple of 310s as well. Also have a nice Titan crucible build which, when using my favoured weapons still has me at 315, at tier 5 Int and Disc.

Will take a look at the Hunter and Warlock builds another day, in no rush.

Also managed to have an actual good game of Crucible tonight - ended up with 22 kills at a 2.5 K/D, but still only 3rd on the team... at one stage it was 4 on 6 for a decent while (so 4 of us ended on over 4k), so I was defending and supporting control points rather than capping them. With the armantarium and tier 5 Dis I was doing serious damage and zone control with grenades, such fun.

there's parts of the raid, namely the warpriest, golgoroth and Oryx that require you to beat them in a certain way to garauntee high level items. (hard mode gives 320 stuff andI think normal gives 310)

once you hit 300 light, your loot drops should get a bit better from strikes etc as well.
    Sounds like a nightmare.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a nightmare.

Not really. The challenge mode for the Warpriest is the standard method, Golgoroth needs a slight strategy adjustment and the method for Oryx is the easiest way to beat him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement