Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,713 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Challenge mode was so poorly done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

AdamD wrote: »
    Challenge mode was so poorly done
    Putting the challenge mode within the standard raid utterly restricted what they could do with it - they couldn't add any mechanics which would punish people who had no intention of completing the challenges.

They probably should have come up with more than one challenge per boss.

Using all 6 orbs for golgoroth as another option, for example. Different runners for Oryx.

Its also down to how the challenge is tracked - it has to be related to something on the scoreboard for each section, which is also a restriction on what they could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Are all exotics available from the 3oC when used in the crucible. Iv gotten 3 but have all been weapons. Also can these exotics be above the usual 280 level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Are all exotics available from the 3oC when used in the crucible. Iv gotten 3 but have all been weapons. Also can these exotics be above the usual 280 level.

If you are level 300 when you decrypt them, they can decrypt at 310, otherwise they will be 280 or so.

Certain guns CANNOT be gotten from Engrams (1st curse, ace of spades, fabian strategy, sleeper simulant, no time to explain, Tlacloc, Touch of Malice)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Cormac... wrote: »
    If you are level 300 when you decrypt them, they can decrypt at 310, otherwise they will be 280 or so.

Certain guns CANNOT be gotten from Engrams (1st curse, ace of spades, fabian strategy, sleeper simulant, no time to explain, Tlacloc, Touch of Malice)

Also if you are 310 then exotic engrams almost always decrypt at 310, i didnt realise this and was just throwing gear on alts when they were decrypting stuff, missed out on a few 310 bits cos of it.

• Advertisement

Also if you are 310 then exotic engrams almost always decrypt at 310, i didnt realise this and was just throwing gear on alts when they were decrypting stuff, missed out on a few 310 bits cos of it.

Almost always, but not always. Got a 290 Apothesis Veil..... underwhelmed on 2 counts

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Once you're above 310 it's guaranteed, so at 310 there's still a chance of a 290, but 311+ will always be 310.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Once you're above 310 it's guaranteed, so at 310 there's still a chance of a 290, but 311+ will always be 310.

I watched a mate at 312 get a 290 on Monday

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I watched a mate at 312 get a 290 on Monday

That's odd, what was it?

It ain't, I was 317 and got a 290 Helm. Granted it was the 1st time in a good while, but it happened, rare, but still a slight (5% maybe?) possibility

• Advertisement

That's odd, what was it?

Yeah, i was watching him do it and it was just after i told him he was guaranteed a 310. I laughed, he didnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Does anyone use the Sniper Simulant? Was using it in the daily yesterday and it's insane. Can't remember why I stopped equipping it. Generally use an MG. Don't find the heavies particularly useful in PvE except maybe swords in certain situations but the simulant was wiping stuff out unepectedly.

Spent an hour yesterday just infusing stuff and clearing out my vault.... have pretty much everything 310+ now and most Exotic Armour and Exotic Weapons around 313-317 or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Does anyone use the Sniper Simulant? Was using it in the daily yesterday and it's insane. Can't remember why I stopped equipping it. Generally use an MG. Don't find the heavies particularly useful in PvE except maybe swords in certain situations but the simulant was wiping stuff out unepectedly.

I don't have black spindel so I use it for warpriest and golgoballs (unless I'm required to hold gaze, in that case I need heavy machine gun)

it's 320 which is nice

Anyone who hasn't done it before need to be Sherpa'd through Kings Fall on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    Anyone who hasn't done it before need to be Sherpa'd through Kings Fall on PS4?

Curious, would you teach challenge mode as the default method in Sherpa runs?

PetKing wrote: »
    Curious, would you teach challenge mode as the default method in Sherpa runs?

For Warpriest and Oryx, yes probably as they are the optimum ways of doing it.... for Golgoroth, probably not.... I did my time pushing 1+ pools back at launch... not gonna bother now... I'll leave newbies work that out another week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Had a single Mote of Light in the postmaster last night.

Can't work out why it would be there. Can you get them from a chest/drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

The resource collection part of the exotic sword quest is a big pile of crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

wexdevil wrote:

Equip a ghost that locates these resources for you, helps dramatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

PetKing wrote: »
    Equip a ghost that locates these resources for you, helps dramatically.

I have one on and its still taking ages, I got to 5/10 before I stopped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Had a single Mote of Light in the postmaster last night.

Can't work out why it would be there. Can you get them from a chest/drop?

Happened to me before as well. No idea why it ended up in the postmaster as its not like I'm not carrying a couple of hundred per character.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

wexdevil wrote: »

Yeah it's pants. I did solar and arc back to back. Such a time sink! I have not even used the Arc Sword yet. Meant to take it out during Iron Banner but I used exotic primaries for nearly the whole week.

ps. saw your triple snipe clip earlier. Nice :pac:

wexdevil wrote: »
    I have one on and its still taking ages, I got to 5/10 before I stopped.

Use a sniper rifle and Aim Down Sights, makes it a bit easier, still takes like 90 mins per sword

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Yea, there's no way around the time requirements. Pain in the dick.

Yea, there's no way around the time requirements. Pain in the dick.

Like you and I in Venus back in November 2014 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Hi. Complete Destiny noob here. I picked up the legendary edition over the Christmas (€30 was too good of a deal to turn down!) and was thinking of joining this clan but I'm just wondering how casual / hardcore it is and if everyone is high level or if there are beginners like me just looking to set up a fireteam.

Hi. Complete Destiny noob here. I picked up the legendary edition over the Christmas (€30 was too good of a deal to turn down!) and was thinking of joining this clan but I'm just wondering how casual / hardcore it is and if everyone is high level or if there are beginners like me just looking to set up a fireteam.

We're not hardcore, there's some hardcore activities (like say Trials) but once you're played the game and done the raids and stuff you'll know if you could be bothered doing the more "Hardcore" stuff. There is a "Newbie" chat going at the moment I've set up on PS4 for players who picked up the game over X-Mass if people want to get in groups for early game activities. But honestly, you'd get through your 1st 20 or 30 hours fairly handy without needing a group. Once you hit level 40 or so then you open up activities that you need a bit more assistance with :)

To put it simply, on PS4, it is not ok to target to harass someone who f**ked up in a nasty or direct way and we've got a blanket ban on kicking people from activities cause that's not the type of behaviour I'd encourage (I'm sure the other mods feel the same)

Now in saying that, I kicked Conovar twice (sneaky snake trying to grab my spot) in the last week and b***hed Sniper out of it for messing up X, Y and Z up.... but we've been playing together for hundreds of hours, so it's all good, Clan-Bantz! :D

gimli2112 wrote: »

It also kills closed Shriekers in crota with 2 shots, or so i hear.

• Advertisement

It also kills closed Shriekers in crota with 2 shots, or so i hear.

The Gjallahorn Comparision test is henceforth complete so :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement