Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

PetKing wrote: »
    I'm always up for helping out in those raids. Feels like such a novelty at this stage to run them. It's just a pity the encounters are too easy now, there's no tension and 'will we? Won't we?' To Atheon or Crota, they're down as soon as its started.

Did VoG without any cheese for the first time ever last week. Stayed down at the orcales and everything. Would have been a flawless run but I still messed up at the jumping puzzle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

There's no rush on it so whenever we get around to it.

Drop me a message when you're thinking of doing this. Be happy to help.

And then possibly a run at Crota for Flawless Raider?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

If you're running Crota again, hmu. I've never done it before :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If you're running Crota again, hmu. I've never done it before :pac:

The lads are on Xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The lads are on Xbox.

ah bollox. Anyone on PlayStation then, lemme know if you're running Crota any time soon...ill tag along :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

over the past few days, while waiting for raids or instead of running the court of oryx or running around the dreadnought, I started to farm the Taniks strike for the "does now bow" rifle or the taniks hunter cloak.

After a good few runs, got a couple of cloaks of taniks and a good few exotics using the 3oC's, but it actually amazed me how many of the same people you run into doing the same strike over and over!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads we were approved our Destiny Forum :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Lads we were approved our Destiny Forum :D

So now we are going to have to start grinding post count to justify it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

We'll just start an off topic thread and bitch and moan about other stuff in there :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No no, plenty of Noobs to help TBH and im still coming across new things to me tbh so it will be refreshing to have the forum and with Destiny 2.0 coming it will be epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

mickstupp wrote: »
    I've never done a raid. Have a 296 Warlock and most of today free. Is there some forum I could go to, or some agreed upon place in the tower I could stand, where I could join a team or something? It would have to be a patient bunch willing to talk me through... or at least order me where to go and so on, i.e. not take it too seriously/competitively.

Hi there, you need to join Clan 2 as opposed to Clan 1, Clan 1 is full

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

... with Destiny 2.0 coming it will be epic.

That's not happening anytime soon is it?? I've been away for a good while but going to try and get back into it. I heard there's Sparrow racing these days. Wonder will that cure my F-Zero cravings. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That's not happening anytime soon is it?? I've been away for a good while but going to try and get back into it. I heard there's Sparrow racing these days. Wonder will that cure my F-Zero cravings. :)

Sparrow racing was a timed event. It finished on 29th December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Did anybody get that free emblem yet? I got one a Suros Fire one Saturday night just randomly in the post master which I thought was only a pre order bonus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Did anybody get that free emblem yet? I got one a Suros Fire one Saturday night just randomly in the post master which I thought was only a pre order bonus?

I think the preorder stuff is now available for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Got lucky in the strikes and my Titan and Hunter are at 275ish light.
    Warlock is messing with me by staying at 299. Damn you.

Havent been on in a few days, must get on this evening and get a few bit done :)

Got lucky in the strikes and my Titan and Hunter are at 275ish light.
    Warlock is messing with me by staying at 299. Damn you.

You need your 310 sword to pop you over 300, or just farm the court of oryx for engrams. Save your exotic engrams for when you hit 300.

The Nightfall is bugged so no point doing it. The first main door after the Orges won't open.

The Nightfall is bugged so no point doing it. The first main door after the Orges won't open.

At all? Thats a bit stupid.

• Advertisement

Terribad modifiers too. Grounded, fresh troops, match game and exposure. ZZZzzz.

At all? Thats a bit stupid.

Yup doors are glitched. Saw it over on Reddit.

tumblr_moj1kxqJio1qfy47co1_500.gif

Hi All,

So I'll be updating the 1st post here (or in the new Sub-forum - Woohoo) shortly, but just to let ye know we've recently hit 200 Playstation Players.

Huzzah!

This means we now have a 3rd Boards Clan in play for any newbies arriving on the scene on Destinys premier console.

So i'd like to welcome to the below to the Boards Clan Leadership Team (I'm calling it that cause I work in an office.... so that's the phrase we'll be using going forward)

OptimusTractorX - Playstation - Clan 3 Admin
    Dudeeile - Playstation - Clan 3 Admin
    n-o-cal - Playstation - Clan 2 Admin (taking CDB's place)
    Titiangerm - X-Box - Clan 1 Admin (Boards user name - emmetkenny)

Conovar / Mitch Connor has been good enough to make the jump to Clan 3 and found that, since I'd already founded Clan 2 and Fieldog had founded Clan 1. CDB has taken his place in Clan 1

I guess you could argue that Conovar is getting a promotion.... but staying with the office politics metaphor.... we're just increasing his workload without changing his job title or salary :pac:

And now the X-box leadership team has been beefed up (hip-hip-horrah) since Bohrio/El-SeniorFats is going through a (brave) Trans-Console phase! :P

FYI, here's the clan 3 link now (work in progress):
    https://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/1405355

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Clan 3 the feeder feeders!! Anyone here a maths whiz?? Wondering out of madness how many ps4 clan chats would be needed to accommodate all 200 in a way that we are all added to an active chat with the other 199!? I saw thebag89's youtube clip the other day and saw players in clan 1 I've never heard of! Would be nice to add them all to my friends list at least.

Clan 3 the feeder feeders!! Anyone here a maths whiz?? Wondering out of madness how many ps4 clan chats would be needed to accommodate all 200 in a way that we are all added to an active chat with the other 199!? I saw thebag89's youtube clip the other day and saw players in clan 1 I've never heard of! Would be nice to add them all to my friends list at least.

Just on this.

Would it be an idea to create a Google Doc where we put in all the GTs of the Destiny players and add rows for clan etc ?

On the PS chat thing why not set up a WhatsApp group for clan chat ?

Just on this.

Would it be an idea to create a Google Doc where we put in all the GTs of the Destiny players and add rows for clan etc ?

On the PS chat thing why not set up a WhatsApp group for clan chat ?

When we get our forum we can use a thread/s for this, might be handier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

When we get our forum we can use a thread/s for this, might be handier.

Fire away with a WhatsApp group, could be a good idea, don't use it personally but my Mammy does.... ;)

I don't think we are organised enough for a list like that, and people (like me!) are tired of the game at this stage and only dip in and out now - and that will only drop more before Destiny 2....

The calm before the storm I reckon... :)

Fieldog wrote: »
    Fire away with a WhatsApp group, could be a good idea, don't use it personally but my Mammy does.... ;)

I don't think we are organised enough for a list like that, and people (like me!) are tired of the game at this stage and only dip in and out now - and that will only drop more before Destiny 2....

The calm before the storm I reckon... :)

The new forum is going to make things a little easier tho overall for arranging raids etc. I still have a tonne of stuff to do in the game and I was actually holding out until we got a sub forum before tackling it cos in 1 thread the info is just a bit messy to follow.

• Advertisement

He's on X-box, hence why you didn't recognise them.

I'll restructure the chats in a bit, might have to go back to having 2 of them, we'll see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement