Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

The 2 chats worked very well imo. I know that some people can potentially feel left out - but for the people who were in chat 2, there appeared to be more activity than there is the current newbie chat....

Once a month you could post a message asking players who are done with the chat to leave it. Or offer them a place in the less active chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:
    He's on X-box, hence why you didn't recognise them.

Oops!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Just on this.

Would it be an idea to create a Google Doc where we put in all the GTs of the Destiny players and add rows for clan etc ?

On the PS chat thing why not set up a WhatsApp group for clan chat ?

Challenge Accepted

Sheet1: Members by clan and System
    Sheet2: Each systems members alphabetically

Boards.ie Destiny Clans

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

PetKing wrote: »
    Clan 3 the feeder feeders!! Anyone here a maths whiz?? Wondering out of madness how many ps4 clan chats would be needed to accommodate all 200 in a way that we are all added to an active chat with the other 199!? I saw thebag89's youtube clip the other day and saw players in clan 1 I've never heard of! Would be nice to add them all to my friends list at least.

Hands off thebag. He's ours :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hands off thebag. He's ours :pac:

They can have el-senior-fats :D

• Advertisement

Challenge Accepted

Sheet1: Members by clan and System
    Sheet2: Each systems members alphabetically

Boards.ie Destiny Clans

Nice job Knave.

Guys don't be an ass and just go in and delete it. We all hate people who do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Nice job Knave.

Guys don't be an ass and just go in and delete it. We all hate people who do that.

There's some amount of lads on the Xbox list I've never heard of !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

There's some amount of lads on the Xbox list I've never heard of !

same with the PS list - loads of people signed up, and then never either play the game or interact with the boards.ie community.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

I'm missing from the xbox list :O

wexdevil wrote: »
    I'm missing from the xbox list :O

Your not in the clan I think. Last day I looked at you Emblem it had HSOC under your GT.

Unless I'm mixing you up with someone else ?

• Advertisement

Your not in the clan I think. Last day I looked at you Emblem it had HSOC under your GT.

Yeah, the list only has those that are actually clan mates, not members. The reason for this is that a few people are members of more than one (I'm a member of all 3, but only appear in the Clan 2 list as that's my PS clan). Others are members of the clan but never set it as their console clan.

Clan 1 has a total of 285 members: 99 PS (:confused:) and 67 XBox, so 119 people missing.
    Clan 2 has a total of 157 members: 100 PS, so 57 people missing.
    Clan 3 has a total of 3 members: 1 PS

As I said, there are obviously some people who are members of Clan 1 and 2, with only one set as their console clan obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah, the list only has those that are actually clan mates, not members. The reason for this is that a few people are members of more than one (I'm a member of all 3, but only appear in the Clan 2 list as that's my PS clan). Others are members of the clan but never set it as their console clan.

Clan 1 has a total of 285 members: 99 PS (:confused:) and 67 XBox, so 119 people missing.
    Clan 2 has a total of 157 members: 100 PS, so 57 people missing.
    Clan 3 has a total of 3 members: 1 PS

As I said, there are obviously some people who are members of Clan 1 and 2, with only one set as their console clan obviously.

Could that be down to peoples individual privacy settings I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Lads, there's a lot of confusion here.

You know that there are 2 factors at play here which make me "iffy" about that Google-Doc sheet

1) You're looking at each Clans "Members" not "Active PS/X-Box Clan"...... you can have 9,000 people be "members" of a clan but only 100 Active "Set as X Clan" members for each platforms (potentially 200 Clan Players in each clan).... given I befriend everyone that joins the clans and I don't recognise all the people there, I'm concerned there are a lot of "Members" (hey-hoooo)

2) A lot of players Bungie.net profile does not match their PSN ID or X-Box Gamer Tag (look at Bohrio/El-Senior-Fats) for a prime example, his Bungie account is still P0lyorphy (or whatever).... I used to have to physically click into each persons profile to double check their PSN id before i'd befriend them and add them to chat.

So depending on how Solvable compiled/exported this data, it's gonna be a bit "iffy"

Also, X-Box people, if you're not maintaining a chat room or don't have someone responsible for integrating new members that join, you'll never see any notification to let you know your clan now has 60 members instead of 55..... only Admins see that as we get a "X is looking for Approval to Join Boards X-Box Clan".... if Emmet is an Admin too he can help as he'll now have visabilty as really it was only Mick left doing that and we had the burden split between 6 of us (until now) on PS....

Ugh.... Clan functionality is $h!te

TL:DR: 1st you become a "Group Member" (unlimited, no distinguishable changes to your emblem) then you become a "Clan Member" (limited to 100 per platform, adds the clan tag to your emblem)

That being said, good 1st pass Knave :)

nocal wrote: »
    The 2 chats worked very well imo. I know that some people can potentially feel left out - but for the people who were in chat 2, there appeared to be more activity than there is the current newbie chat....

2 chats created a total FOMO situation (Fear of Missing Out) where by the end we had 100 in each and 80 of them were the same people.... but now we have 100+ active players that do use the chat it's just..... the only viable option again
    Once a month you could post a message asking players who are done with the chat to leave it. Or offer them a place in the less active chat.

Unfortuntely, in my experience, there's no way of phrasing this nicely, no matter how many emoticons you use without it coming across as a bit "Cormac the Battle-axe and his merry Chat Fiefdom" or "Elitist, only the best 100 stay" type thing.....

It's a lose/lose....

Damn Communities are also $h!te

1ba1b6de036b3daa75dc21e28a0b7cbe.gif

Fieldog wrote: »
    Could that be down to peoples individual privacy settings I wonder?

Privacy settings would only affect how you appear on PS. Take Generic for instance, when he's online he's in your friends list, but when he's offline, he's not.

The spreadsheet was created with the names from the Bungie website directly. (A lot of copy paste, with deleting the images that get pulled in too).

Plus the word missing is a little misleading. By all accounts, we should have roughly 400 clan members over the two systems and three clans, but we only actually have 267.

Now, as Mitch pointed out, some people joined up then either never played or just fell away. Taking that in to account, if everyone actually set a clan as their system clan, we may be talking about Clan 4 today.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Lads, there's a lot of confusion here.

You know that there are 2 factors at play here which make me "iffy" about that Google-Doc sheet

1) You're looking at each Clans "Members" not "Active PS/X-Box Clan"...... you can have 9,000 people be "members" of a clan but only 100 Active "Set as X Clan" members for each platforms (potentially 200 Clan Players in each clan).... given I befriend everyone that joins the clans and I don't recognise all the people there, I'm concerned there are a lot of "Members" (hey-hoooo)

2) A lot of players Bungie.net profile does not match their PSN ID or X-Box Gamer Tag (look at Bohrio/El-Senior-Fats) for a prime example, his Bungie account is still P0lyorphy (or whatever).... I used to have to physically click into each persons profile to double check their PSN id before i'd befriend them and add them to chat.

So depending on how Solvable compiled/exported this data, it's gonna be a bit "iffy"

Also, X-Box people, if you're not maintaining a chat room or don't have someone responsible for integrating new members that join, you'll never see any notification to let you know your clan now has 60 members instead of 55..... only Admins see that as we get a "X is looking for Approval to Join Boards X-Box Clan".... if Emmet is an Admin too he can help as he'll now have visabilty as really it was only Mick left doing that and we had the burden split between 6 of us (until now) on PS....

Ugh.... Clan functionality is $h!te

I think (for Xbox anyway) a lot of us tend to add everyone in the clan as friends on Xbox.

On Xbox you can't set up a group chat they send as single messages rather than a thread.

Anyone on Xbox fancy setting up a WhatsApp group. I don't use it that often so haven't a clue how to do it.

TL:DR: 1st you become a "Group Member" (unlimited, no distinguishable changes to your emblem) then you become a "Clan Member" (limited to 100 per platform, adds the clan tag to your emblem)

That being said, good 1st pass Knave :)

:D

The list is compiled by Clan member as apposed to group member. Never intended it to be the finished article right off the bat, a continuous work (of art) in progress.

Edit: I will in time add in everyones PS/XB ID's also, if they differ from the names shown.

I think (for Xbox anyway) a lot of us tend to add everyone in the clan as friends on Xbox.

On Xbox you can't set up a group chat they send as single messages rather than a thread.

Anyone on Xbox fancy setting up a WhatsApp group. I don't use it that often so haven't a clue how to do it.

How though as a matter of interest? Are ye just going in individually and searching the "X-Box Clan" page to see if new people join?

As much as I like the X-Box One UI.... sometimes I find it can try to be a bit too clever and misses out on simple things like this

Well..... at least we have a good foundation for when Destiny 2 comes out :D

I'm guessing when we get the sub forum, we could have a thread for players names etc, like the GTA sub forum.

I don't understand why Destiny didn't just straight up rip off GTA Onlines Clan system.... it's not perfect, but it works

• Advertisement

Just on this, as an Example, "kevin moran" would have been Salty/Noob fwiw

How though as a matter of interest? Are ye just going in individually and searching the "X-Box Clan" page to see if new people join?

As much as I like the X-Box One UI.... sometimes I find it can try to be a bit too clever and misses out on simple things like this

A while ago I went through the Bungie list and searched Xbox using SmartGlass and added friends that way.

Usually someone adds one guy then we see them playing and everyone will end up adding him.

I think the main problem is people joining as a member but just not setting the Boards Clan as their clan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

2 chats created a total FOMO situation (Fear of Missing Out) where by the end we had 100 in each and 80 of them were the same people.... but now we have 100+ active players that do use the chat it's just..... the only viable option again

Unfortuntely, in my experience, there's no way of phrasing this nicely, no matter how many emoticons you use without it coming across as a bit "Cormac the Battle-axe and his merry Chat Fiefdom" or "Elitist, only the best 100 stay" type thing.....

It's a lose/lose....

Damn Communities are also $h!te

1ba1b6de036b3daa75dc21e28a0b7cbe.gif

Doesn't help that the new ps messaging app is also pants. Whats the point of having a messaging app that reacts slower than when it was integrated and no phone notifications. The notifications still come from the normal ps app which the redirects you to the messaging app :pac:

Doesn't help that the new ps messaging app is also pants. Whats the point of having a messaging app that reacts slower than when it was integrated and no phone notifications. The notifications still com from the normal ps app which the redirects you to the messaging app :pac:

That 1st day of the new messaging app was excellent though, you know, before the rest of the world downloaded it, lightning fast!!!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

On that note, can someone in xbox admin accept my join request?

46070194.jpg

Sorry not accepted :P

I'll have a look later. You can be my first :D

Sorry not accepted :P

I'll have a look later. You can be my first :D

30455621.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

(was HFCS) oh so while I am in the clan 1 group on bnet I dont have that set as my active clan tag.

ahh right makes sense I'm not on the list then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

You need your 310 sword to pop you over 300, or just farm the court of oryx for engrams. Save your exotic engrams for when you hit 300.
    Only have my sword at 280 though I got Sleeper Stimulant at 290.
    Thanks for the tips though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement