Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

SHERPA-FEST

There.... that's the name.... for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Its a mild form of torture also known as Death by a thousand jumps!!

Still, I'm with you on that. I would pay 1000 Strange Coins without a moments hesitation for a nice year 2 pair of Bones of Eao just to make that one jump. Stoopid hunter jump.

Cableguy ended up trying the sisters on Hard last night at 290 because of the Bones. He couldn't figure out why he was dying so easy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭riggerman

Add more for Friday lads, try and relive the old days MADMADRA32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Cormac... wrote: »
    SHERPA-FEST

There.... that's the name.... for now

Its a good thing that E and I are not next to each other on a keyboard. Things could go south (:o) very quickly otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

~3 or 4 spots left so I think

Newbies

jonny24ie (PSN: jonnycivic)
    roadie_2013 (PSN: same)
    jarain (PSN: maxiburke)
    goon_magee (PSN: same)
    Calvin Leong (PSN: calvinleong)
    PSN: Fitzafrenic
    PSN: Kiplesworth
    PSN: Kazzdee

Experienced

Mitch Connor (PSN: Conovar)
    Wonda-Boy (PSN: Wonda-3oy)
    emagine_media (PSN: cuhlcannon)
    CDBWhoop (PSN: CDB-Whoop)
    PSN: WShakesbeer (i think)
    dudeeile (PSN: same)
    SolvableKnave (PSN: same)
    Riggerman (PSN: MADMADRA32)

Ya might want to actually stick yer own name down man, no backing out now.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Ya might want to actually stick yer own name down man, no backing out now.

I was hoping to be one of those flowery ones floating around festivals "organising" with daisies in my hair saying "I'm with the band"

I was hoping to be one of those flowery ones floating around festivals "organising" with daisies in my hair saying "I'm with the band"

Loads of time for the band camp stories on Friday, ya don't want to scare them off just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Won't be on Friday but would love to get involved if it's going on again next week.

I'm with the band

2b7RI.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I'll be up for Sherpaing some noobs through. Might finally get a Necrochasm from it.

I'll be up for Sherpaing some noobs through. Might finally get a Necrochasm from it.

Good, you can be a team captain so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Won't be on Friday but would love to get involved if it's going on again next week.

Same as!!!

I would not sully SHERPA-FEST by making it a weekly affair, ticket sales would plummet!!!

Maybe there would be an intimate session next week, Optimus can bring the acoustic guitar

On an unrelated note, this is single handedly the worst Front Page and 2nd Page of Reddits Destiny Section ever.
    I'm constantly looking for advice / funny vids to post..... now it's just all Sexist arguments, misinformation, counter-misinformtation, speculation..... awful stuff.... 1st time I've thought: "What is this cr@p? Why is there no useful info or anything entertaining here"

I hope all you guys who are Raiding on Friday have +1 the Forum request.

If Destiny had its own Boards Forum we could have a dedicated Xbox and PS4 thread in there to organise these Raids !!

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »

If Destiny had its own Boards Forum we could have a dedicated Xbox and PS4 thread in there to organise these Raids !!

Backhanded "Stop spamming the thread, you're cramping our style".... I might have known! Typical of you lot :P

But yes, I think most of us had, I posted it in the relevant PS4 chat rooms, you can bring a horse to water.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I would not sully SHERPA-FEST by making it a weekly affair, ticket sales would plummet!!!

Maybe there would be an intimate session next week, Optimus can bring the acoustic guitar

Well since I didn't make the newbie/ experienced list I've decided to quit mid tour.

Never wanted to be a captain anyway.

B*stards.

Never wanted to be a captain anyway.

B*stards.

*HUGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSS*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

just ordered Taken King there from gamecollection :P hopefully it'll arrive by Friday so I can continue on after VoG

Hard Kings Fall for anyone who is interested

http://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

*HUGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSS*

No meme. I'm hurting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭atsbury

Any one need the fears embrace mission? Running one now. Atsbury1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

+1......cough......:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Yeah that could be good as there is so much going on that some post are lost between pages

I am getting my Xb1 elite controller today so I am hoping that will make me want to play xbox more. I will probably be around more now. Did everything on PS4 yesterday, Raids, nf etc so nothing left for me to do except trials on friday and to practice some PvP

Bohrio wrote: »
    Yeah that could be good as there is so much going on that some post are lost between pages

I am getting my Xb1 elite controller today so I am hoping that will make me want to play xbox more. I will probably be around more now. Did everything on PS4 yesterday, Raids, nf etc so nothing left for me to do except trials on friday and to practice some PvP

How much spare time do you actually have?????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

How I see Bohrio in the new cross-platform Destiny forum

b0d3f19a23e40b19d8f0ac234ecdf3c8.320x479x1.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Done a few bounties and opened up the Dreadnaught last night, got myself some legendary items :D then I went and made a hunter for myself so my titan doesnt get lonely.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Done a few bounties and opened up the Dreadnaught last night, got myself some legendary items :D then I went and made a hunter for myself so my titan doesnt get lonely.

You'll soon have a lock too. Then your really onto the grind.

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    How I see Bohrio in the new cross-platform Destiny forum

b0d3f19a23e40b19d8f0ac234ecdf3c8.320x479x1.jpg

Pretty much but a bit fatter and with a bit of a beard! ;)

Solvevable, there is really not much time needed, I have a raid group, a few of them are already 318s so the raid gets done in less than 1 h (starting from totems from the second run).

NF are just around 20 m each and that's pretty much all I do! :) With I had more time to play PvP, that's probably gonna be my main focus now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You'll soon have a lock too. Then your really onto the grind.

Oh i can't wait to start the grind :D

I used my Spark of Light or whatever it is called to bring my hunter up to level 25, gave him my Exotic Solus and he is kicking ass. Really like the gunslinger thing :D

• Advertisement

Where are you getting it from Porphy ?

Where are you getting it from Porphy ?

got it from Amazon.co.uk

bought it months ago (I pre-booked it when you told me it was coming out), had the wrong card on amazon so the order wasnt despatched last week when it was released (27th I believe) otherwise it would have been here by now! not too worries, really looking forward to it, if it turns out to be as good as I have heard it is I might even attempt trials in the near future

got it from Amazon.co.uk

bought it months ago (I pre-booked it when you told me it was coming out), had the wrong card on amazon so the order wasnt despatched last week when it was released (27th I believe) otherwise it would have been here by now! not too worries, really looking forward to it, if it turns out to be as good as I have heard it is I might even attempt trials in the near future

I really want one. I reserved one in Argos in Carlow last Saturday went up to collect it only to discover I'd reserved it in Cavan by mistake :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yikes it's working out at almost €300 from Amazon for me, think I'll survive until smiths get it in for half that.

I really want one. I reserved one in Argos in Carlow last Saturday went up to collect it only to discover I'd reserved it in Cavan by mistake :(

Ooooppsss...

Its sold out in most places, even in Amazon at the moment, did any of the lads got it? I though Bag was going to as well!

Looks really nice, I will tell you if it is worth it later... just the rear pads and adjustable thumbsticks make it worth the money, considering that a scuff cost 100 euro more and they are third party controllers... (not to say their horrible customer care support)
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yikes it's working out at almost €300 from Amazon for me, think I'll survive until smiths get it in for half that.

What? I paid 110 pounds delivered! what has happened since I prebooked it? ffs

I have noticed though that they no longer deliver to Ireland... maybe it is just a temporary thing

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,425 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ooooppsss...

Its sold out in most places, even in Amazon at the moment, did any of the lads got it? I though Bag was going to as well!

Looks really nice, I will tell you if it is worth it later... just the rear pads and adjustable thumbsticks make it worth the money, considering that a scuff cost 100 euro more and they are third party controllers... (not to say their horrible customer care support)

Beanbag and The Bag both got one, coincidence?

Was yours direct from amazon? when I clicked on it it was from a third party seller for £199.95.

That's a third party seller with it priced at £199.

Amazon themselves had it for £119 up to two weeks ago.

Beanbag and The Bag both got one, coincidence?

Was yours direct from amazon? when I clicked on it it was from a third party seller for £199.95.

ummm I might need to change my gt to el senior bags then just to be part of the new exclusive geek gang with the elite controller... ;)

I got it from Amazon, it cost me delivered 117 pounds (just checked). Like emmet said i think Amazon dont have it available anymore and what you see is a third party selling it... those guys are just there to take advantage of situations like this (sometimeS)

Bohrio in Trials with his new Elite Controller:

O6gGJey.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Mcsirl

Ooooppsss...

I have noticed though that they no longer deliver to Ireland... maybe it is just a temporary thing

I got mine with my shiny new elite Xbox , nice weight to the controller but will take me a while to get used to using th extra triggers instead of the face buttons

VvK5XMy.png

pmsl

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

That's a third party seller with it priced at £199.

Amazon themselves had it for £119 up to two weeks ago.

A mate of mine ordered it directly off the Xbox site about a month ago. Controller was delivered last Thursday. I'm going to try it out this weekend and then make a decision on buying one. I don't think it's going to be a difficult decision. :pac:

A mate of mine ordered it directly off the Xbox site about a month ago. Controller was delivered last Thursday. I'm going to try it out this weekend and then make a decision on buying one. I don't think it's going to be a difficult decision. :pac:

I never saw it available on the Xbox site. Just Sold Out all the time.

Maybe you can just borrow it and never return it ☺

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I got the 1000 yard stare last night in a random drop. Delighted.

Fair bit of thump out of it.

It seems to be doing more damage than another higher attack rated sniper rifle i had.

Got up to Oryx there last night and gave him 5 or 6 attempts just to see what's going on there.

Cheers to Mick for the advice on the Twitch stream about what changes we should be making.

I'd say half of the wipes were my fault.

Wouldn't want to be attempting it with many people sub 310, the ads seem to be the biggest problem. I don't think the Knights are too bad if he slams his fist at the back (1st run), 1 sniper around and few sprinkles of primary

Had a moment where Oryx slammed his fist on a Heavy Ammo pack and it few across the arena to me and I jumped up and got it in mid air.

Really needed an 80's freeze-frame and credits-roll at that moment

• Advertisement

Got up to Oryx there last night and gave him 5 or 6 attempts just to see what's going on there.

Cheers to Mick for the advice on the Twitch stream about what changes we should be making.

I'd say half of the wipes were my fault.

Wouldn't want to be attempting it with many people sub 310, the ads seem to be the biggest problem. I don't think the Knights are too bad if he slams his fist at the back (1st run), 1 sniper around and few sprinkles of primary

Had a moment where Oryx slammed his fist on a Heavy Ammo pack and it few across the arena to me and I jumped up and got it in mid air.

Really needed an 80's freeze-frame and credits-roll at that moment

Have you's still not beaten him yet ?

Guys dont forget to add your thoughts on the Forum request for destiny ;)

Nah man, I'm taking it pretty free and easy with it now.

I'd prefer to beat it with my clan mates

And ideally without a load of people getting sh!tty or negative (I think most of us who play together know how to be honest and stuff without getting very salty, me and Sniper are like an old couple sometimes with the back and forths haha) .

Skolas and Crota Hard thought me better than to be losing the plot over stuff like this tbh

Plus the drops don't matter much, I'm up to like 313 now and have some of the primaries and by all accounts i'm not missing to much by not getting the others.

Only thing i'd like would be the Pulse cause that's meant to be a beast.

Just for those looking for a nice high impact sniper the gunsmith has the omolon eirene rr4, excellent sniper specially if it has luck in the chamber (1 shot kill in PvP)

Reserve it now and maybe it comes with a decent roll next week

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I still haven't beaten HM coz you guys are always partied up when I get on :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement