Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's just like when people glitched in to get that ghost on the cosmodrome :P

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

CDBWhoop wrote: »

Not working for mobile but click to view full site and its viewable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

So with the new Forum will this thread die? Like if I've a question will I make a new thread in the forum or just ask here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    So with the new Forum will this thread die? Like if I've a question will I make a new thread in the forum or just ask here?

If anything the new forum should make it easier for you to get a specific answer to any questions you might have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

ItsHoggie wrote: »

-> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057548876

It's like an AMA on Reddit.... but where about 40% of the answers will be misinformation... the fun is in trying to figure out which is which... it's 65% more fun than the Sunless Cell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Maybe a Mod could move this thread into the Forum as a general discussion thread ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,388 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Maybe a Mod could move this thread into the Forum as a general discussion thread ?

Done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

shiny new forum :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NeverMidnight

Ooooo shiny.

Also anyone gonna tune into the redbull clash thing that's going on?

Its gonna bomb so hard its gonna be funny I'd say.

• Advertisement

Ooooo shiny.

Also anyone gonna tune into the redbull clash thing that's going on?

Its gonna bomb so hard its gonna be funny I'd say.

Alot of us got the quest before using a code. It's OK but nothing to write home about.

Alot of us got the quest before using a code. It's OK but nothing to write home about.

The red bull quest but not the red bull clash.
    Red Bull Clash Course is a collegiate gaming tournament to find the fastest Destiny fireteams in the country. Qualifiers were held on campuses all over the country, where 8 elite teams earned a trip to compete in the national final held at the Red Bull eSports Studio in LA on January 23rd.

The red bull quest but not the red bull clash.
    Red Bull Clash Course is a collegiate gaming tournament to find the fastest Destiny fireteams in the country. Qualifiers were held on campuses all over the country, where 8 elite teams earned a trip to compete in the national final held at the Red Bull eSports Studio in LA on January 23rd.

Now I get you :)

Now I get you :)

Yeah. They ended up having to complete a set of strikes in the fastest time possible. Now they are competing against the finalists.

Is it time this relic of a golden age was locked now?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cormac... wrote: »
    Is it time this relic of a golden age was locked now?

Well will we keep it going or start a fresh one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonny24ie wrote: »

Probably no need to keep it at all tbh. The subforum negates the need for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Folks, going to buy this today but can someone tell me the difference between destiny and destiny the taken king?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Folks, going to buy this today but can someone tell me the difference between destiny and destiny the taken king?

One is essentially a demo disc, the other is a video game

But in all seriousness. Get the "Legendary Edition".

Contains the base game (Destiny), the 1st 2 expansions (the Dark Below and House of Wolves) and "The Taken King" expansion which totally reinvented the game.

Most of the content is now gated behind owning certain packs. Given the Legendary edition is so cheap, you'd be foolish to get the basic/vanilla game, you won't be able to play with 90% of other players.

My advice, try the demo and see what you think 1st, you progress carries over :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

Funny to see Destiny getting its own subforum ... just as the game dies.

It's gone from there being a regular few lads on X1 most nights, to the odd straggler at reset or when iron banner is on ... to more or less nobody on anymore.

Bungie have really just given up on Destiny while the focus on D2 ... but I can't see myself getting too interested in the sequel given what we've seen in Y1 & Y2 and how content originally intended for Destiny was sold back to us muppets, and we feckin bought it too.

I've moved on to Rainbow Six for shooter fun, but it'll be The Division soon enough. Destiny 2 will have to be pretty good to tempt me back ... and even then I'd say that if the old Destiny crew stay away (on Ark, or Division or anything else) I'll find it hard to come back.

It just goes to show what a lack of content we have on X1 that we have put up with how Bungie has treated their player base for so long, because we've been starved for good content/games to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It just goes to show what a lack of content we have on X1 that we have put up with how Bungie has treated their player base for so long, because we've been starved for good content/games to play.

Not just the X1. This is the first time in probably a year I haven't been on Destiny in a week. Playing a 3 year old game instead.
    Still can't hate on Destiny though it is what it is and have had a lot of fun with it.

jonny24ie wrote: »

As well to keep it for now, if nobody posts in it then it will disappear fairly quickly anyway. There's no harm having a general chit chat thread imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,233 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Funny to see Destiny getting its own subforum ... just as the game dies.

It's gone from there being a regular few lads on X1 most nights, to the odd straggler at reset or when iron banner is on ... to more or less nobody on anymore.

Bungie have really just given up on Destiny while the focus on D2 ... but I can't see myself getting too interested in the sequel given what we've seen in Y1 & Y2 and how content originally intended for Destiny was sold back to us muppets, and we feckin bought it too.

I've moved on to Rainbow Six for shooter fun, but it'll be The Division soon enough. Destiny 2 will have to be pretty good to tempt me back ... and even then I'd say that if the old Destiny crew stay away (on Ark, or Division or anything else) I'll find it hard to come back.

I would agree the community engagement is declining in recent weeks - so THIS being the time we get a forum is amusing.

However, I would say if there were to announce a new expansion, the engagement would drive up again - though I don't think there will be a new expansion announced (or available) in the short term.

For what it is, I got a solid year and a half or so out of Destiny - and pretty much ONLY Destiny - which no other game has done over such a long period. So the game has given me exceptional value for money.

The usage of this forum could be slow/sparse for a few months but I know I'll be right back balls deep in the game again when new content is released - be that an expansion, a new raid or Destiny 2 later in the year. When Destiny 2 is announced and speculation starts being based on more solid foundations, the usage of this forum will increase too.

I also think this forum itself could drive more action in Destiny (within our own community). I think for the moment it will be more the forum driving destiny play than destiny play driving forum usage.

I'm also sure I will continue to raid and iron banner with groups off here over the next few months too anyway - as I mainly play Destiny for the community aspect and having a laugh with the people off here rather than experiencing something particularly new in the game itself.

If a lot of the people off here buy The Division, and it isn't a Ubisoft disaster, then yeah - maybe that would basically kill Destiny for me. But so what, to be honest. Bungie and Desiny owe me nothing at this point. They have provided one of the best gaming experiences I have had. I'm certain I, and a lot of others, will be back for Destiny 2.

I can't see how everyone is so sure that Destiny 2 is so close? It takes them the best part of 6 months to a year to churn out some dlc, the taken king and dreadnaught areas were all supposed to be in the original game so there was even time saved there. I wouldn't be surprised if Destiny 2 wasn't seen until winter 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cormac... wrote: »
    One is essentially a demo disc, the other is a video game

But in all seriousness. Get the "Legendary Edition".

Contains the base game (Destiny), the 1st 2 expansions (the Dark Below and House of Wolves) and "The Taken King" expansion which totally reinvented the game.

Most of the content is now gated behind owning certain packs. Given the Legendary edition is so cheap, you'd be foolish to get the basic/vanilla game, you won't be able to play with 90% of other players.

My advice, try the demo and see what you think 1st, you progress carries over :)

Cheers, just picked it up for 22 euro.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

For me Mitch it's been the people. For at least a year I've had a regular gang of folk to play with, as well as just to chat about all sorts of stupid crap.

But there's a saltiness there now about having the original game sold back to us as DLC, and the endless grind, that's led to a lot of folk leaving. The guys I used to have the craic with are all off doing other stuff (mostly arsing around with Dinosaurs on Ark ... which I just can't get into at all).

But you're right in saying that we got good mileage out of the game - we did. For me I got 14 months of near daily play. It forced me to actually befriend some people on X1 so I could play raids and that's opened the whole social aspect of online gaming that's not there when you're playing randomers.

Who knows ... I could be wrong ... but for me I think the game is close to running its course. I also think id have put it aside earlier if there had been something else worth moving on to that was as easy to enjoy from a MP perspective - stuff like Witcher or Fallout are good, but you don't have the team based fun you have on Destiny.

Rainbow Six is filling the niche at the moment ... similar to Destiny you get to know what your Fireteam will do instinctively in most situations - it's like raid teams that are drilled to perfection. Even now I know I could go into a raid with Bag, Titan, Cableguy, Ger, Mick or ManadInTheHead and we'd just go to our jobs without having to discuss it ... it's drilled into each of us - or if we go down a man we'd just improvise and flip roles ... I always liked it being so practiced.

Great value there.

I can't see how everyone is so sure that Destiny 2 is so close? It takes them the best part of 6 months to a year to churn out some dlc, the taken king and dreadnaught areas were all supposed to be in the original game so there was even time saved there. I wouldn't be surprised if Destiny 2 wasn't seen until winter 2017.

I suppose everyone is just going off the release plan that was leaked ages ago - that had Destiny 2 being relesed September/October 2016. It could turn out to be wrong, but I don't think people are just blindly assuming it will be out this year. I think a major installment of the franchise every 2 years has been previously flagged. Again, plans could have changed but its not blind faith.

As for taking months to do DLC, I believe they will have had people working on D2 before D1 was released and I am fairly certain they have said that a large portion of the workforce moved to D2 a while back - the actual development cycle for D2 will be 2 years or more even if released this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Between the season pass, emotes and sparrow stuff I dread to think what I've spent on it.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Between the season pass, emotes and sparrow stuff I dread to think what I've spent on it.

You bought the record book. LOLZ.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement