Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Xur was good to me today, took a chance on the legacy primary and finally got a suros regime, just need the 150marks now to get the Y2 version.

As ever the quest for "does not bow" continues..

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

syboit wrote: »
    Xur was good to me today, took a chance on the legacy primary and finally got a suros regime, just need the 150marks now to get the Y2 version.

As ever the quest for "does not bow" continues..

I didn't find Does Not Bow to be that good. Well it depends on the roll you get I suppose, but I sharded one after I upgraded it and used it for a while. There are better auto rifles out there.

Suros is a beast. I used that for most of the last Iron Banner. Great gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Back when auto rifles ruled the land the Suros was awesome. Sigh.

I didn't find Does Not Bow to be that good. Well it depends on the roll you get I suppose, but I sharded one after I upgraded it and used it for a while. There are better auto rifles out there.

Suros is a beast. I used that for most of the last Iron Banner. Great gun.

Yup, have this crazy notion for my 3 different characters to have different loadouts. Titan red spectre, hunter currently dealbreaker , warlock haakon's hatchet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The positive of the subform being active now, in a time when the game is a quiet period, is it allows the Mods to help get a feel for the place and for things to kind of bed in nicely from user base point of view.

The writing was on the wall with the 6 weeks of "Gimmes" (Iron Banner x 2, Challenge x 6, SRL x 3) giving 310-320 gear.... no more need to chase the dragon.

Honestly, most of us "Hardcore" players on PS4 who'd been there since day dot hit the wall at the same time (hence Me, Conovar and Nocal going the BL2 route). It had all been done.

Thing is, the game being quiet for 6 out of the next 9 months is not a bad thing.
    In fact it's one of the better things for the game.

If you look at the players who have left and came back (say for the likes of The Taken King), their feedback has almost always uniformly been that the enjoyed the game better BECAUSE of the break, not DESPITE it.

Bungie have enough people working in behavioural psychology to know that trying to keep people playing 6 hours every day is not a good approach.

I said it on party chat about 6 weeks back (around the time the 1st Golgoroth Challenge landed) that the game was going to wind down.
    It's obvious from the standard of the DTG Subbreddit, the standard of contributions and the attitude of the users there now, is frankly terrible.

Everyday the front page has posts with some s**t like:
    "Bungie fix this game, there is no way to get guaranteed 320 Ghosts or Class Items"
    I kid you not, 15 months later, a post b!tching about RNG was the top contribution.
    And my recent personal laugh out loud favourite
    "Does anyone else think this game was better this time last year"
    Which is nonsense.
    There's nothing new left to discover (a-la NTTE, Sleeper Simulant, 1st Curse etc) so people there are just moaning.
    I've noticed it 1st hand, similar posts i've made in the past now would get downvoted whereas before would have went neutral or been upvoted.
    Total case of "Group Think" going on

People seem angry, despondent, annoyed, worn-out, frustrated... yadda, yadda, yadda...

It's just a video game..... No one is holding a gun to anyones head... try other ones.

I mean hell, I'm enjoying Fallout 4 atm but one of the 1st things I thought was "Why can't I compare 2 types of likewise gear like I can in Destiny".... so they're doing a lot of things right.... (and arguably would have done more if Activision weren't making some questionable choices)

From a Boards point of view, it's always been more about the players than necessarily the game if you ask me.

Feeling burnt out? Take a break! Play something else! Have fun! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Cormac... wrote: »
    I mean hell, I'm enjoying Fallout 4 atm but one of the 1st things I thought was "Why can't I compare 2 types of likewise gear like I can in Destiny".... so they're doing a lot of things right.... (and arguably would have done more if Activision weren't making some questionable choices)

From a Boards point of view, it's always been more about the players than necessarily the game if you ask me.

Feeling burnt out? Take a break! Play something else! Have fun! :)
    Yup thats what I am doing atm. Currently playing RotTR and as previously mentioned have a bit of a backlog of JRPGs.

As for Fallout 4, while the game is great the GUI is absolutely hideous. Having everything on the pipboy might be cool, it seriously reduces the amount of space for information doubled with the late 70, early 80s monochrome low res display makes it even worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Ive just replaced my addiction with Destiny for Ark and in March its going to be the Division.

I've been dropping some Acid myself, but the RNG is not as good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Cormac... wrote:

You ever wander the wasteland upset that you can't double jump, or sparrow to an undiscovered location? The gun play and character of weapons in Destiny was class. Every weapon's feel, sound, and handling. Fresh appreciation.

Handy link for anyone wanting to see the strike only drops.

http://planetdestiny.com/taken-king-strike-loot/

Ran 3 nightfalls last night, I got the darkblade helm in the first one and Steve got it on the 2nd run. Seems there might be a better chance of exclusive drops when the strike is the nightfall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I bought the game in cex. The box says destiny the taken king legendary edition but the disc only says destiny. How should I know which version I have?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Far as I know TTK editions have the same disc as the regular and the extra content comes on a card with a download code, so without that code you have the vanilla edition without any of the expansions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,335 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I bought the game in cex. The box says destiny the taken king legendary edition but the disc only says destiny. How should I know which version I have?

I think there should be a download code in the box. Only the original game is on the disk as far as I'm aware.

Tyson Fury wrote: »

You only have the base version, bring it back for a refund. ALL copies of Destiny in CEX are the base version as the dlc comes as a download code, which will have already been used on a second hand copy.

No B&M stores currently have it on offer but base.com are selling it for €30.44 including shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ah yes, just tried the code which has been used. Will be brought back promptly! Was thinking why it was so cheap!!

Ordered from Amazon for 35 euro.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Just thinking of what we still have to come before Destiny 2, there is still a Crucible mode to be unveiled, as the medals mentioning the Armament are still on bungie.net.
    Game mode is thought to be called Arsenal.

Is there a DLC coming in Spring?

Is there a DLC coming in Spring?

Dunno, but there is a major patch next month and another event is planned for next month too.

I think that Crucible mode could be attached to the event, or it was scrapped, and someone Tibor forgot to remove the medals.

Dunno, but there is a major patch next month and another event is planned for next month too.

Interesting, i wonder will they ever open the door over by the speaker where Xur sometimes stands in front of or the hatch in the ground next to the cryptarch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Where's the best place to get the overcharge for the Red Bull Quest? Managed to get too level II in the Dreadnought and Mars just ended as soon as I got to 100%.

Interesting, i wonder will they ever open the door over by the speaker where Xur sometimes stands in front of or the hatch in the ground next to the cryptarch.

First place I have gone to with with TDB, HOW, and TTK :D

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Where's the best place to get the overcharge for the Red Bull Quest? Managed to get too level II in the Dreadnought and Mars just ended as soon as I got to 100%.

Get in party and spread out in the Mausoleum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Cormac... wrote: »
    Get in party and spread out in the Mausoleum

Does it work with more than one person?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Played Classic 6v6 today for a few hours, had exactly 1 Vanilla map (Twilight Gap) come up. I don't want to play Exodus Blue again thank you, that's why I'm here. SMH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Where can i get an antiquated rune. I have just that left to do in the court of oryx to complete a quest line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Where can i get an antiquated rune. I have just that left to do in the court of oryx to complete a quest line

Eris package. Raid drop. Dreadnought chests that require a key. From the Court itself.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Does it work with more than one person?

Yup, just like any other patrol mission

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Eris package. Raid drop. Dreadnought chests that require a key. From the Court itself.

Decided to go to the court and i walked right into a antiquated run fight with 4 other guardians. Quest done. Simples

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just finished my exotic sword quest, easier than I thought it was going to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement